Question The Book Eating Magician Harem?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tenku_kun, Aug 13, 2017.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that Mitra will keep growing as they gain power and she'll be a voluptuous goddess of fertility. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tanhalevi likes this.
  2. Namsa

Namsa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooooo!i cant be in denial anymore.its com8ng dense mc chick magnet:(

3. Ashez

Ashez Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually release about 2-3 a day

4. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    And in addition we have Gluttony, Death's Eye, Laevateinn and Pride. Grimoire harem ftw

Tanhalevi likes this.
  5. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    whats wrong with harem again?

Tanhalevi likes this.
  6. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The foe of all librarians?

Tanhalevi and Devourer like this.
  7. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any loli?

8. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Sylvia and elenoa seem board the ship already
    And Veronica, it is hinted Theo would fight a real red dragon someday (father in law? But Veronica is quarter, maybe grandpa)

9. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that seems to be it so far

not so far, Naive girl though

and the apprentice sword master girl

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  10. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    There are few more person that you guys forget to mention....
    Vince, blue tower master and orta
    There might be that swordsman that help his village and the king would join his ship

11. Bachi the cat

Bachi the cat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sylvia is the genius mana user (age 16 probaly). Veronica is the op 1/4 dragon human girl (age 20-30 I don't know she looks 25). Rebecca mc's friends sister and genius aura user(age 16 probably she has scars all over). Eleanora is the high elf androdginis( ducking never spelt it before in life) girl or male if she show chooses( age 17 probably)

Mitra, <-- earth God seed it's the palm sized loli

12. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth elemental loly???
    gnome what are u doing in here get back to the gamer manhwa!

Tanhalevi likes this.
  13. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Check your facts, not the same author bro. stop taking info from your ass XD

14. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its excessive, annoying, repetitive, and totally illogical in the sense that characters fall in love with the MC for no apparent reason or for a single action.

BookWorm65 likes this.
  15. Pyrenose

Pyrenose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a harem at this point. Just read chapter 114.

16. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe you should read before whining the hell up. read the girl background first
    btw tell me more what you mean by excessive, annoying, repetitive. forgive me since i dont get it. all I see is you just mindlessly harem hater

also before you said harem dont exist IRL, i got a surprise for you. ITS EXIST even in this age...or today. I know a friend of my bro got 4 wives

Vali Lucifer and Tanhalevi like this.
  17. GingerWyrm

GingerWyrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not currently a harem. There are two people that have admitted to being attracted to the MC and a third that will probably figure out that they are attracted soon enough. Recently we saw a bit of conflict between one of the two and the third for attention from the MC. The MC on the other hand has shown very little interest in romance.

The story may develop to a harem or it may not. So far it has not fallen into the trope of a dense MC surrounded solely by girls that love him for no reason. The MC has had some encounters with the girls and spends most of his time either alone or with his master who is a guy. Korean novels don't follow the Japanese harem tropes in my experience, usually. There is a much lower likelihood of eternal density and the harem members are less likely to be inserted to fulfill a checklist.

18. Flores520

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude check my post carefully instead of ranting like fool full of your own self righteousness. I answered the question of whats wrong with Harem NOT what was wrong with THIS Harem. And Yes in chinese and Japanese novels most female mc, not all mind you, are superficial enough to fall for the mc for a single action or no reason at all. Not only that this occurrence is so common is sickening. Biggest example of all, Martial God Asura. And yeah IRL harem exist but that does not mean is correct. In the societies where polygamy exist women are, generally, considered less than man, and, forgive me, thats something I dont agree on. Also, I do enjoy the occasional, well written, harem like Heavenly Jewel Change, Zither Emperor, and Red Storm.

BookWorm65 and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  19. Pietje1324

Pietje1324 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But, what if, and I am just throwing this out there, it is done somewhat reasonably?
    Sylvia finally found a peer to connect with
    Ellenoa got saved
    Veronica is mostly just playing around and doesn't seem to have real interest, which fits with her character.
    And the rival nation girl honestly seems more like someone who just thinks he is a nice guy for helping her brother recover a lost family heirloom while also being strong.

I am not saying all harems are good, but the outright hate the genre gets is unreasonable, especially when looking at how sometimes the tag is given to stories where it is more akin to a love triangle. A dense MC is something to be hated, flat characters are dull, but saying all harems are bad to the point of dumping the entire story in the trash seems like overkill.

Edit: I may come over as a bit overreacting or passive aggressive, sorry if that is so. It's just that I don't get how people can see harem and immediately say the story is good or bad. Tags should be an indication, the story should be the reason for judgement.

There is some truth in that remark the guy made though. Wishfulfilment vehicle stories are often harem, and because of the way they are written (and maybe the personality of the author) those harems often fall flat, while a story that isn't dragged down by harem is uncommon, a story that has a good harem is practically like finding a unicorn.
    So thinking the genre isn't worth your time because 6 out of 10 times, probably more, they are flat, unimaginative and annoying, is understandable.

20. Flores520

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I understand what you are saying and your contention is reasonable. Like I said, I do enjoy harems as long as they are done correctly. Actually, some harems like BTTH, HJC, Red Storm, hell even TGDK are some of my favorites. But you cant really classify a lot people liking the same person as a harem. Harem you know... is well ....a Harem, and people fighting over someone is just romance.

But, again, I just answered his question of what was wrong with Harem and not THIS Harem in particular. I do not hate the story, if I had to choose, I would say I rather like it. But you cant deny that at least 9/10 stories with the genre are crappy and boring.

In fact for every 1 good harem story you can mention i can tell you 10 bad ones.

Pietje1324 likes this.