Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats because we spoiled the whole novel :ROFLMAO: (exept some parts in the middle >.>)

Aster Anemone likes this.
  2. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, can i ask what Xue Yang call Xiao XICheng in english??

3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    ML heavily wounded/killed him, but his body was taken away by Jin GuangYao's subordinates. He died for real this time.

Didn't he call Xiao XingChen by a lot of names, depending on which identity he was using? If you're asking about 道长, I think it'll depend on the translator? 'Daoist priest' is the most accurate, but it's also kind of bloated, or you could just use the pinyin and go with 'Dao Zhang'. I'd personally choose an English monastic term, but idk what the current translator will use.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Nikha, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    btw did the mc ever meet the blind girl who was following the blind monk ? (what happened to them?)

5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The blind girl was killed by Xue Yang. Her ghost is what gives MC the memories of their past, and she sacrificed herself to help MC and ML defeat Xue Yang. She's honestly MVP of the entire arc, I cried so much ;;

Nikha, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  6. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Xue Yang was the one who gave his eyes away to his senior brother? (and one of them became an undead afterwards ?....and he didnt know it? ) (i think he was also his mom senior aprentice brother?)
    Did everyone find out what happened to them? (even the Lan kids?)

Thank you so much! ....this arc sounds so sad :cry:

7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooo, Xue Yang is the evil guy who blinded Song Lan's eyes (and also committed a lot of atrocities), and Xiao XingChen was the one who gave his eyes to Song Lan (they were sworn brothers).

Later, Xiao XingChen saved a half-dead Xue Yang w/o realizing his identity (since he's blind now). Xue Yang took advantage of that and tricked Xiao XingChen into killing a lot of innocent people, including Song Lan who had been trying to find Xiao XingChen this whole time. After Xiao XingChen found out the truth, he sent Ah'Qing (the blind girl) away, and committed suicide during his confrontation with Xue Yang. Ah'Qing ran away and tried to find people to help, but was killed by Xue Yang instead.

This entire tragedy was all Xue Yang's fault. It seems that a lot of people like him for being broken and whatnot, but I honestly didn't like him at all.

MC tells the story to all the Lan kids, so yes, they also know.

Pretty Yunita, Aeli, Nikha and 4 others like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww this is so sad :cry::cry: ....why did he commit suicide in front of the evil dude! :facepalm: (he should have killed him first!!) (plz dont tell me they became undead for the mc to free (the monk and his senior brother) :blobpeek:)

Did the Lan kids cry like the rest of us?:cry:

9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He couldn't bear to live with the fact that he killed so many innocent people including his best friend. He kind of also destroyed his soul when he died, so Xue Yang couldn't turn him into an undead, but Song Lan was turned into one and had fought against MC and ML. At the end though, Song Lan was freed from Xue Yang's control, and he took the remains of Xiao XingChen and Ah'Qing's souls and left to wander the world, hoping that with time, their souls can heal and they can move onto their next life.

The Lan kids bawled their eyes out and even burned paper money to send them off. It's believed that the dead can receive this money, which led to MC wondering why he never received any money when he was "dead". He even asked ML if ML had burnt any money for him, but ML declined to respond. MC was pretty miffed lol~

Pretty Yunita, Aeli, Nikha and 3 others like this.
  10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww Q.Q *sniff* (too bad we never figured out what happened to the mc whe he "died") ....wasnt there some fan art with LWJ trying to comunicate with the dead mc?

Btw when jin ling stabbed the mc what did the mc say? ...did the ml took him away immidietly

kiara8 likes this.
  11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, ML knows this art that can summon spirits to ask them questions, and there is a lot of fanart about ML using that to try and find MC when MC was "dead". It wasn't confirmed in the novel itself, but it's pretty much accepted as fanon.

I don't think MC said anything when Jin Ling stabbed him? Sorry, it's a detail I don't really remember that clearly. I'm pretty sure ML immediately took him away since he was heavily wounded.

Aeli, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  12. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Xue Yang guy, honestly i hold a complicated feeling to him (which other VN and CN fan does too). At first we very hate him, VERY. But after we finished that arc, we feel not just hated but also sympathy for his childhood (in my case, just a little bit, im hate him more than sympathy). And the part his arm which have been cut apart still holding XXC 's candy was the last straw (well i admitted i was moved by that).
    He might has a harsh childhood and grew up in a society full of dirty lies and things but that reasons weren't enough for me to forgive all his crimes (some people DO! Really??) To be honest i even think Jin Guang Yao was more pity than him. My friend likes Xue Yang, i know i can't forbidden her but really, sometimes she's like: her XY didn't deserve an ending like that (HE DID, even though i ship XiaoXue lol) and XY 's crime can be forgiven bc his past bla bla bla, really -_- ?
    Sum up, i don't hate XY, even like him though, but forgive him? No.

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  13. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bonus my VNese friend 's fanart NVsz4kB.png

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened with XY's childhood? ...was he sad the blind guy killed himshelf?

JGY from what i seen from the last arc was pitiful (his dad didnt love him, his mom died , his bro didnt like him either ...i think he said it was hard for him to watch his bro tease his wife while he married his sister)
    i think he said something about the Nie corpse guy not forgiving him? (not sure)

also what happening in this pic?

Aeli and kiara8 like this.
  15. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t hope u can do the spoil for me ;)
    In the pic that was after XXC had died, XY remembered the happy times when three of them were still together.
    Xue Yang: Dao zhang?...
    Xiao Xing Cheng: Hm?
    XY: I want to eat candies.
    XXC: Don't eat too much or you will get cavity.
    XY: Dao zhang?
    XXC: Be good, and i'll give you candies.
    XY: Dao zhang...
    XXC:...
    XY: Hey Dao zhang...?
    XXC:....
    XY: Xiao Dao zhang....
    XY: Xiao Xing Cheng

Fiorisi, Aeli, kiara8 and 1 other person like this.
  16. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this on Weibo!!!

17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait wait what?! Were all 3 of them childhood friends or smthing?

18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler b/c it's kind of long and includes my personal views on his character.
    Xue Yang was a poor child who lived on the streets and often went hungry, like many other children. There was this one corrupt guy who promised him sweets if he delivered a message, but when he delivered the message, he go beat up by the recipient instead. He went back to that corrupt guy for his reward b/c he did deliver the message, but that corrupt guy was nowhere to be seen.

Later on, he saw that corrupt guy in a carriage and tried to get his promised reward, but that guy obviously didn't remember him and he almost got ran over by the carriage. Xue Yang lost his pinky from that and swore revenge. That guy and his entire clan was brutally and very cruelly massacred, and getting justice for that event was how Xiao XingChen became one of Xue Yang's "targets for revenge".

Sure, his childhood was sad and he was unfortunate, but there's a lot of ppl who had it worse but didn't turn into a heartless murderer, so =\ He's not inherently a kind person or he wouldn't have turned out the way he did. Not to mention, the reason he hated Xiao XingChen was b/c Xiao XingChen supported the remaining members of the clan he killed, which was only natural b/c murderers should be punished. Xiao XingChen literally did nothing wrong, and Xue Yang's just an lunatic who thinks a single pinky of his is worth more than hundreds and hundreds of lives.

As for how Xue Yang treated Xiao XingChen later, that's...pretty dependent on personal interpretation. The fans who like him would argue that he fell in love (it's why they get shipped) and whatnot, but that's not how I see it. He definitely didn't want Xiao XingChen to die, at least not the way he did, but he definitely would have killed Xiao XingChen even if Xiao XingChen didn't commit suicide. Xue Yang tried to get MC to restore Xiao XingChen's soul so he could turn Xiao XingChen into an undead and under his complete control, so yeah...

I won't deny that he harbored "some kind of feeling" towards Xiao XingChen, but rather than love, it seemed more like the possessiveness of a psychopath that didn't want his victim to escape. Sure, you could argue it's a type of love, but a that kind of twisted "love" is definitely neither romantic nor healthy.

Xue Yang's relationship w/ Xiao XingChen and Ah'Qing was very similar to that of a serial killer and his two roommates. As long as the others don't realize they're living w/ a serial killer in hiding, there's a fragile illusion of peace, but as soon as the cat's out of the bag, that's the end. And it's also pretty much what happened; the "peaceful life" the three of them shared shattered the moment Xue Yang's real identity was exposed.

Even while he was "living peacefully" with them, he was still going around doing evil deeds and killing people, and what he did to Xiao XingChen was 100% unforgivable in my eyes. Xiao XingChen saved his life, and he repaid that by ruining Xiao XingChen's life and forcing him into despair and suicide.

That's the furthest thing from love, and it's also why I actively avoid the Xue Yang/Xiao XingChen ship. Please keep that sort of stuff far, far away from me.

Jin GuangYao is a really complex character, and he had a pretty unfortunate past. Nie MingJue made Jin GuangYao his sworn younger brother, but Jin GuangYao always felt it was to keep an eye on him rather than out of brotherhood. Nie MingJue's very righteous and direct, so he doesn't approve of the way Jin GuangYao schemes around.

During the war, Jin GuangYao killed a group of their allies while framing it as the work of the enemy, and got caught red-handed by Nie MingJue. Granted, those people bullied him and stuff, but it's not really a justification especially in the middle of a war. That's the 'unforgivable event', and it is a fact that Nie MingJue never truly trusted Jin GuangYao after that.

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    oh i see! ...thank you! ....if its like that then i run away from that ship too! >.>

How did he try to get the mc to restore that guys soul?
    Also how did JGY caught and killed (the way he did) Nie Ming when that guy is super strong? (did it have anything to do with a song he played?)

(also his brother doesnt seem like the type to figure things out >.>)

20. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He threatened MC and tried to take the Lan kids hostage, but MC's not omnipotent so it wasn't something he could do. ML was there to help fight off the undead, and with the help of Ah'Qing's ghost, MC and the others were able to get away.

The martial art that Nie MingJue practiced is kind of volatile and his family has a history of falling to their inner demons. Jin GuangYao took advantage of that and under the guise of "helping", played a song that negatively affected and planted a trigger for him to go crazy. The song was originally suppose to calm one's mind and soul, but Jin GuangYao altered a portion of it to do the exact opposite, and after prolonged exposure and a final "push", Nie MingJue lost his mind during this meeting w/ a bunch of other clans.

He knew that it was Jin GuangYao that did this to him so he tried to kill Jin GuangYao, but since his mind's messed up, everyone looked like Jin GuangYao to him. To other people, it looked like he went crazy and tried to kill everyone he came upon, so in the end, he was killed and no one suspected Jin GuangYao at all.