Request The New Gate question

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by El_Dominicano, Aug 21, 2017.

1. El_Dominicano

El_Dominicano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did the author ever say why there were only 6 High Humans in the Game before and during the Death Game?
    in which chapter?

2. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    wrong place o.o
    and need a spoiler tag

Nextbin likes this.
  3. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    To answer your question. They basically were done playing at that point in time. Though don't clearly remember when they said it. That and humans had the best benfits because they didn't have any negative effects or something.

4. RandomAsian

RandomAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 6 High Humans refers to the 6 high-level players Shin is a part of (like a small guild), who played the game. Shin was the ONLY ONE LOGGED IN at the time the death game started. The other 5 were NOT logged in during the death game.
    Shin later states that if even 1 of them were logged in at the time of the death game, he would have cleared it in half the time.

Prime43 and kiara8 like this.
  5. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it like a death game? At least that's the vibe I got from it, since after killing the final boss there was something how people could finally log out, and he waited for that.
    And there were High Humans since there were basically the strongest players who played as a human

6. Dragon God Orstellen

Dragon God Orstellen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *taps head*

If memory serves it had something to do with a character reset system. I think it required you to level your character for each race before you could become a high human. (hence why they were so op and limited in number)

It is likely that chosen ones are artifacts of that system that have mutated after the dusk of the majesty. Criticals might also be related to that in some way.

I'll see if I can find the part that talks about the character resets, but the part about criticals is just pure conjecture.

7. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler ahead:
    There were more than 6 high humans (it was just a race, a weak one given that they didn't have any racial skill), but in the book they always talk about 6 because of the MC's guild where all of them had maxed characters and are revered because of that and because each 1 was like a god in their respective area( alchemy, blacksmithing, etc)

8. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There was some "reincarnation" system in the game, you had to reset your char to start anew with better base stats, that was the only way to get the best stats. To get one of the high races you had to a specific number of "rebirths" with the "lower" versions to get them, and high human was especially hard to get, so it was rare, but op

9. Dragon God Orstellen

Dragon God Orstellen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, the “High” before the race name was because the races have experienced reincarnation dozens of times before getting the title. There were many races in THE NEW GATE, but the base race were Human, Beast, Dragnil, Elves, and seven kinds of Pixie.

Humans were classified as a Hominini tribe, Beast as Therianthropy* or Beastman, Dragnil as Dragonewt tribe, Lord as Devil tribe, and Pixie as Fairy group.

“Even though I was only using it naturally.”

“Haa, that’s certainly not natural. That reminds me, what is this awful feeling of various magic races mixing in you. Elves, Lord, Dragnil and others, what’s going on?”
    (from v1 c1 pt 2)

“It is said that all High Humans disappeared at that time. And there were only 6 of them.”

(from v1 c2)

Most of the first part comes from shin, only the last line of dialogue is from Tiera. The second part is Tiera as well, so it might not reflect fact.

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised someone posted in the wrong section but other way around lol

What the author said was that to get a high human you had to level every single race to max level, then you can reroll as a high race. And when you level all high races to max level, you can roll a high human.

Aka, only people with no life and endless grinding managed to make high humans. And at one point the high humans just decided to form a guild. Kind of like the "elite special club".

But there is only 1 high human now because as far as we known MC is only one on. This is also why MC was the only person to challenge the last boss and got so much pressure during the death game. Because everyone else compared to him were worlds apart.

11. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really spoiler, already been mentioned in manga

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    the 6 high humans are Shin and his guild mates, They became high humans in the game even before the death game

13. El_Dominicano

El_Dominicano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you all
    n sorry if any spoilers/wrong place. thought my question was pretty general....

14. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    but not in the novel i think....

15. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    it is said in the LN... even in the vol 1

Lovely likes this.