LCD Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte ii desu ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by chencking, Apr 13, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    They kinda knew they would attack the 11th island at a specific time-frame though... They probably had very good informants to get this kind of specific intel.

2. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember reading anything like a specific time-frame. I only recall the Reptrace First Officer asking Naigrat to bring over as many of the combat-ready girls as possible.

This isn't always necessary. If you know who is betraying you, and you watch him carefully, you can often predict when things will come to a head. Even if the overall culture of the world is sophisticated enough to compartmentalize information on a need to know basis, the enemy will normally ask the spy or spies to do more things or different things as their D-day approaches.

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant by specific time-frame, was that they knew it would happen a while after Naigrat and the fairies reached Collinadiluche, they didn't know the exact when, but they knew it was going to be soon... That's pretty specific to me.
    Well, if they have good people as spies or infiltrated on their ranks, it seems quite possible... Considering that they're supposed to be allies, it shouldn't be that hard... I think.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like we're approaching the end from what one of the comments said!

Good job Willem! The fairies deserved it! \(^^)/

I'm looking forward to what Nephren will do from now on, with the unstable 1/2 of the Shiantor gone, the biggest danger provided by the beasts is pretty much gotten rid of, considering that Nephren probably won't ever die nor go berserk, I think she has quite the room to move and beat beasts down, specially because she is not seems as a threat by them.

5. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    "As one of the highest tier ancient holy swords, Seniolis was said to be of especially superior quality among the vast number of Kaliyons. As a result, only an extremely limited number of people could wield it. The conditions, when properly written out, would go something like this. One who had no place to call home, one who had given up on returning to the place where they longed to return to, one who had completely thrown out his future. Only then could one be qualified to wield Seniolis."

Holy shit, this passage hit me the hardest.

roriconknight and AliceShiki like this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Seniolis is a terribly mean sword... To think Kutori and now Lakish are wielding it... It's a heavy thought.

Still, it was that same Seniolis that was able to save the fairies from becoming food for that kind of machine... I can only shudder at the thought of how many fairies that kind of machine would consume...

At the same time, an interesting line of thought, is that the machine would never have any chance against the shiantor, so... If the shiantor was still Almaria, and this machine started being mass produced, and triggered the shiantor to going all out, it might completely wipe out all the machines at once, finishing their "stock" of fairies all in one go.

Actually, one might even wonder if they would ever have the necessary amount of fairies to make these machines fully operational... Feels like an impossible to work project since the very beginning, at least for me.

marine1corps likes this.
  7. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
    What made it super sad was the passage after it. William was able to activate it.

Remember how he went on and on about how Quasi-Braves are unable to use kylion swords practically. How one must have a tragic fate in order to fully use the sword.

It wasn't until now that he is able to fully use such sword but....... It was used to kill himself.

He always dreamed of being a "Brave", or should i say hero. And the day he did become one was when he ultimately died. I just can't keep it together thinking this.

roriconknight likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I hadn't made the connection at all!!!! >.<

I simply considered he had been able to use it because of him understanding how Kaliyons worked... I didn't think he was able to activate it because he fulfilled the conditions... This definitely makes the scene a lot sadder...

At least this might lead to a better future for the fairies now...

9. roriconknight

roriconknight Exiled Member of The Lolicon Society

Reading List:
    Link
    and i'm intrigued how the story will proceed from now on..

the remaining chapters.. i do wonder >.< sadly, i can't read moonrunes nor get a hand on the raws.

And Willen saying, "Do it" to his inner self - i mean, Shiantor - just so epic.

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think it'll be more of a closure, since I think we're pretty close to the end of the novel.

I think Suwon will start coordinating a plan to retake the surface, with Nephren on his side, it will probably be doable... And having a plan to retake the surface might keep the different factions of Regul Aire busy enough to not stay at each other's throat as well.

11. lohwengk

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering these rules, I wonder why Kutori and Lakish could wield Seniolis? They do not seem to personally possess these feelings. Is it because their soul fragments contain these feelings?

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm... I think they actually fit.

They had completely given up on their own future, sacrificing everything for the sake of the ones they protected... The fairy warehouse might be considered a home, but they had forsaken that, willing to give it up if they could save the ones they loved.

More like, they didn't show that to others, but those were the feelings held within them.

13. roriconknight

Reading List:
    Link
    well, yeah, whats left are closure.. For SukaSuka at least, we had SukaMoka.. The story of the four lolis fixing things.

Anyway, i don't think reclaiming the surface will serve as the best bond to keep the unity of Regul Aire. It feels like Colonisation. You only there, trying to grab land, for profit. And the weapons that allow you to do that against beasts down there are fairies, or those fairy-powered robots.. Unless, Suwon could grab the exclusive right to do so.. Which i don't think it will sit well.. Just being a guard that only profits in fame and allowed to research terrific things, people already want their piece of cake.. Not to mention grabbing the lost lands.

14. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
    They are technically dead people who have fragments of past hero's soul. So they are more then qualified to use such weapons.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, perhaps focusing on taking the surface might give people another goal at least.

And once the surface is reclaimed, they will be able to stay far enough from each other to not be at each other's throat all the time.
    *nod nod*

16. roriconknight

Reading List:
    Link
    i do wonder what does Nills do... All the time.. i hope it is included in the closure

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, he really is a mysterious character.

I have a feeling we'll keep on having no idea though, it's part of the character's charm after all.

18. lohwengk

Reading List:
    Link
    Just having a fragment of a dead hero's soul does not qualify a Leprechaun to wield a particular Dug Weapon. They still need to meet that particular Weapon's rules.

You may be right. I feel that your interpretation forces things a bit, but I can't really dispute it either.

19. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
    They have no home to return too.

They are only weapons to the very same people they are trying to protect.

They were given powers from their past ancestors, or should i say the soul fragments, which is venom.

Their very duty is to die and nothing more.

In conclusion, They were never suppose to exist in the first place. They exist only because they were forcible summoned from their rest. I don't know how it can get anymore tragic then this. The swords only accept those with such stories and abilities to back it up. Fairies are born with both.

20. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit. I didn't really expect this type of development. Is it who I think it is?