Discussion Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Khatulistiwa, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  2. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a prank or... wait I wanted ff12 on pc not ffxv...

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFXII will hit PC eventually too, don't worry. They've been moving all FF games to PC in recent years.

It might take awhile, though.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  4. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a prank the devs said that they didn't wanted to do just the port but upgrade it as well with better graphics, better hair and all of that type of stuff.
    And if you wanna play ff12 on pc you can always emula*cough*...

AliceShiki and Westeller like this.
  5. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh i own a old cpu not really compatible to this at high and barely playable at mid settings

i wonder if a a10 and a gtx 560ti can play this at high? mid might be my highest when this comes out.

koddychi likes this.
  6. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Square also lost their fucking mind making it 170gb.

Night Ghost, AliceShiki and udonsage like this.
  7. Silverblood

Reading List:
    Link
    170gb.......... gonna wait for repack if one comes out. Fitgirl please do this ^_^

raven and Night Ghost like this.
  8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    FFXV is really a mixed bag for me. Great visuals, and I love the way the characters interact with each other and the environment. Seeing them relaxing in the car, setting up camp, etc, or even just the way they horse around on the field sometimes is great. It's worlds apart from characters that only do anything interesting during story events - it feels great!

The action combat is OK. The skill system - if you want to call it that - is OK. None of that is particularly amazing, but it doesn't suck, either. It's fun to play.

On the other hand, the world is extremely open and you spend a shitton of time just travelling from place to place - especially early in the game - and it's just... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I spent so much fucking time just watching the scenery while the car drives itself, courtesy of the guy in the party that does the driving when you don't want to.

And even though you can "drive" manually, it's ... not.. really driving.. It's more like the car is on a track and you can hold a button to go forward. Seriously. Ofc if you're determined, you can still do stuff like u-turns and slam into one of the other rare cars on the road, but it still doesn't feel particularly great.

TL;DR: Extremely long and boring travel time brings down the game. Hard.

You don't have to "*cough*" .. Emulation is 100% legal. As long as your copy of the game and the system's BIOS is legit.......

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    170 GB ??? *More vomits*

10. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Straight pc port would remove the insanely long loading screen that reviewers been complaining about. Add the updated stuff, its like FFXV getting 'pc remastered' instead of pc port like Dragon Dogma.

Man, that's a very good reason to get all hyped up. FFXII already got remastered for PS4 so I doubt SE would add anymore stuff into FFXII pc version.

11. Silverblood

Reading List:
    Link
    is this playable in ps3 emulator now? it has been a long time since i checked

12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't understand why the fuck they do that. It's like they just don't understand compression. Period.

They should at least pretend to try.

To be fair, the loading screen is basically not a problem except during save/loads and maybe fast travels. The game doesn't load that way when you travel the open world "properly." .. So you can play all day and never see a loading screen.

You also shouldn't get too excited about a "remastering" ... One look at the 170GB filesize that shows literally zero effort at compression and PC optimization should tell you all you need to know about how much they care about PC releases. Console is their focus, always.

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I've remembered Nier pc version, you are right. Its gonna up to the great modders to fix the game up for SE.. all over again..

14. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, now that you say that.. modders are great, aren't they!?!

AliceShiki, zentetsuken and bonifide like this.
  15. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition recommended specifications
    • Monitor: supports 4K and HDR
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti
    • CPU: Intel i7 3.4GHz or Ryzen 7 1700
    • RAM: 16GB
    • HDD: 170GB
    Yeah this literally got to be for 4k recommended settings. I got a 970 and don't care about 4k. Hopefully they release a non 4k requirements. I bet it still be like 100gb.

Westeller likes this.
  16. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm aware that is legal but not everyone likes it and some can get very VERY butt hurt about it

17. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh, nice!
    I never really got one of the new consoles as I never even really play on my PS3 anymore. (Didn't want another expensive thing I never use just for one or two games.) Pretty cool news. Might finally get to play this, tho I heard you should watch the movie beforehand.

Edit: Also, the 1080p specs will undoubtedly be not as crazy, even if they release an unoptimized game as usual.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  18. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm very happy to see a PC port of this or remaster or whatever you want to call it. I've been rather cash strapped for several years so my last new consoles were a PS2 and a Gamecube. The newer consoles have just been to expensive. Easier to do minor upgrades on my PC. Although the graphics requirements are a little higher than I'm happy with, my card isn't far off from being able to run them on Ultra. I have to admit though, I'm a little surprised that they are making a port after how adamantly they seemed to be against it back prior to the FFXV launch. 170 GB though at my slow ass internet speeds is going to take me like 3 weeks to download. I don't even have a flash drive that large, so I can't download it somewhere with a faster speed and take it back home to load up.

19. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cool that the windows edition contains the free content and season pass content. That probably explains why its so large...probably. Anyway, if they include this content inside the windows edition then for the U.S. price would be probably 59.99. So, I'll wait for the steam summer sale or when it goes on sale.

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, the boyband theme never appealed to me and... Well... Combat is boring... >.>

If it was okay to you though, than I guess it's good.
    I'm not 100% sure on it, but IIRC, you don't even need a copy of the game and of the system's BIOS IIRC, not for the PS2 at least.

Since the PS2 isn't supported, produced or developed anymore, it's not considered piracy to emulate those games even if you don't own the game nor the BIOS.

Again, I'm not 100% sure on it, but I'm pretty sure I heard that from my brother, and he studies game design, so... I'm fairly certain it's truth.

Westeller likes this.