Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guy was not specific enough. Also, it has already been proven that most accusations at Qidian have been proven right and hence I do not doubt the Qidian "translator" is copy pasting the work of the other RTW translators.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealing and removing watermark is hard work man.

3. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In some novel in QI the like Pursuit of Truth the translators actually discusses with the author for each chapter in order to ensure that the meaning is properly transmitted in English language. Many Chinese words don't have direct translation/equivalent in English. Most unofficial translator uses their own judgment on the best translation but in QI they sometimes consult with the authors.

4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by not specific enough? @Jadiii is outright accusing the translator of stealing other people's work. :blobexpressionless:

Going by your logic, there's no point in holding a trial for someone who has a criminal record. Well, if this kind of judicial system is implemented, good luck for anyone out there with a criminal record. :facepalm: And no, the Qidian translator hasn't been copying seki's work. Not when people have been complaining about his/her work. Although, some translators have commented that seki skips some details(due to MTL work) while the Qidian translator at least tries to translate them. :blobpensive: Yes, you're wrong. :coffee:

http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/release-that-witch-translation-drama-mega-merge.44943/page-26

alamptr likes this.
  5. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    I already tried giving them the benifit of the doubt plenty of times but they keep lying and doing stupid moves. The last straw was GGP lying about having nothing to do with Qidian only to find out he sold majority share to Qidians parent company the following couple of days. At some point you have to stop being naive and grow up. Yes, a person is not guilty until proven guilty but that becomes hard when the person is a repeat offender.

6. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, which part of my statement that is not specific enough?

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC QI owned 95% of GGP shares months before, not days after he made that statement

8. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    when you said that Qidian was not stealing RTW. You could have meant the actual novel for all we know which would be right. I think I already quoted you with me correcting that statement.

9. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    That's even worse, that means all his staff where in the dark for a while and when people where coming to his defense they where being slapped in the face.

mrttao likes this.
  10. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    OP make topic about qidian stealing translation.
    You never correct your statement

11. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    ???? Like I said, I already replied thinking you meant the actual novel instead of the translations. Sometime the people who respond on the forums don't read the OP's post and jump the gun or aren't clear enough with their post.

Edit: I've seen people give novel recommendations when OP asked for manga or recommend CN novels when OP asked for JP only and said no CN. Some people just don't read the OP's post. No offense.

12. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, of course i comment about the translation. Dont just jumping to conclusion. Qidian already translated more than seki afterall.

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to say one good thing about Qi, they realized that the portal to wonderland translation was bad so instead of stealing it they threw it in the trash and are retranslating that series from scratch.

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I noticed there are some QI employees here, and that they mentioned before they will report bugs that were pointed out in this thread to QI.

I also noticed there is nowhere in QI website to report bugs so... here are some bugs

1. You can upvote your own comments.

2. When you are logged in, there is still a "join us" button at the top right that leads to the registration window.
    it is really redundant if you are already logged in

15. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll pass it on to the tech team :)

mrttao likes this.
  16. doubledd

doubledd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, they're retranslating it because they were unable to contact the original translator. Also, its being translated by Wuxiadream, so its not like its going to be better than the original.

edit: I meant that their reasoning for the PtW retranslation had been that they were unable to contact the original translator, not that they thought the quality was too inferior to use. I'm not trying to excuse or justify their other treacherous actions.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't get contracts for all the other works they have stolen. sorry, "dual hosted for the good of the community because those evil translators are using obtrusive ads and QI are not".
    I read both, it is far better than the previous translation. Not perfect, but a big improvement

18. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    If qidian really wants to make it in the english community, shouldn't start with hiring, I do not know, people that know English? With their translators' engrish and using mtl then qidian should just make their chinese workers do it, they could save money that way as well.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  19. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    is qidian an aggregator site now???

mrttao likes this.
  20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Partially.
    It hires translators to translate some series.
    Other series it steals as an aggregator site would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.