Question Question about ISSTH ending

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TooLazyToThink, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did all people who died got reincarnated like for example the Vast School sect leader?

2. DRECK

DRECK 【3rd Disciple Dark Angel】【True Dragon God】

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably only the Realm of the Mountain and the Sea

3. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone find it bizarre that according to the side story, the meat jelly and the parrot are both the same being stuck in a time paradox?

4. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes
    all the people meng hao had any relation too had died due to curse. since they die in body and soul without a chance to reincarnate, he gathered their souls as soul seeds as he felt guilty. some with little to no relation are a different story. remember that it is hinted that he explores the vast expanse during his milleniums of isolation.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  5. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    if I remember correctly everyone in the mountain and sea realm dies to All Heaven's curse. In time Meng Hao becomes so powerful that he gets rid of the curse and resurrects everyone that was close to him. The leader of the vast school (the first one) was the Ghost and he is already an ancient immortal who surpassed allheaven and went into the vast universe if memory serves me right.

6. Wytchlord

Wytchlord I like strawberries ~

Reading List:
    Link
    They are not the same. The jelly is that Thunder Emperor something cultivator guy that was in love with that woman used by allheaven. She turned him into the meat jelly. The parrot is a construct of the Immortal who was later integrated into the mirror. And none of the two are in a time paradox. It's only the meat jelly that cannot die as long as he doesn't pay allegiance to anybody. But he did to Meng Hao which was why he was destroyed once.
    And All the people that died due to the curse of Allheaven got their souls collected and put into the crystal and got resurrected after he broke the curse.

7. devilmaycry1

devilmaycry1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats wrong the meat jelly was a king who fell in love with a women. The women had amnesia. She was one of two being hunted by the parot, the other being allheaven who also lost his memory but still had fear of the immortal in his heart.

The Parrot served the immortal. Which is why it is constantly mentioned Allheaven fears the immortal

8. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That side story at the end was a flashback not an epilogue.

9. IdealistTCO

IdealistTCO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to go back and read it again because I understood it as the parrot server another being who was seeking to defeat the immortal. It was that person sent the parrot to kill Allheaven, who is the embodiment of the emotions that Immortal purged from himself in order to become the Immortal.
    I derived the "in order to become the Immortal" from the earlier part of the story where Howie was faced with the two statues and the choice of becoming the Immortal or the Demon. The part describing what he saw in the Immortal statue sticks to mind in that regard.

10. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few questions of my own, perhaps someone can enlighten me.
    There was a chick who was went around offering to marry the number one echelon member. She told Meng Hoa that she would marry him if he found her again (or something like that) and went into the 33 Heavens, what happened to her? I think I missed that part but she seemed to vanish.

Does only the 9th mountian and sea remain? Old Reliance still alive right? Meng Hoa never said goodbye to him - at least highlighted in the end is missing.

That girl Meng Hoa kept in his bag of holding until he died and she broke out, she was the daughter of the Devil continent's leader, what happened to her. In the end the Devil continent just turned to gray ash (or something like that) and the people on it vanished and not much happened in terms of talking to the blood and Qi semi real people.

The copper mirrow, it had a black and white pearl that for some reason shot off to the left and right (east and west) while it was flying around at some point, the white pearl was really there from the start, what happened to the black pearl?

These are the questions that I can still remember that I had, I think there are still more that I am forgetting.

11. The_Follower

The_Follower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Allheaven is a clone of the Immortal. You should beright in saying that he's what Allheaven cast out in his path to become the Immortal. Allheaven is the epitome of Demons, containing all things, while it was repeatedly stated that The Immortal held pure immortal Qi. Also remember that the cultivation of the Vast Expanse was derived from Allheaven, and by extension the Immortal. That especially applies to Spirit Severing, where Meng Hao severed his demonic nature and put it into his clone. When Meng Hao reached the Immortal Realm he fought back against the tribulation, forging a path for himself and said something like "there must have been a first cultivator. That cultivator found his path to the Immortal Realm so I refuse to believe I can't do it too." (obviously paraphrased)

12. The_Follower

The_Follower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That chick was like Meng Hao, the successor to one of the paragons (Paragon Immortal Ancient). Yeah, iirc she sort of faded to obscurity when she became irrelevant after Meng Hao obtained that legacy (the thing that enhanced his spiritual sense and transformed his echelon mark). I don't think she said that, but I might be wrong.

Iirc yeah, all the mountains other than the ninth just broke after countless billions of years. Reliance remained in the SSoM&S so he's alive by the end of the book, but should have a lifespan. After he dies he'll probably reincarnate though.

I'd guess she turned to ash as well. Chances are she was another construct, just like the others that were there.

Can't remember the pearl bits, sorry.

13. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly although ISSTH is so damn good there's still many thing that still remains unanswered either it intentional or just common mistakes that we often found in story like ISSTH
    personally i more interested in why meat jelly got betrayed on the first place and true feeling and reason of the backstabber of meatjelly

14. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't it just die in the war or when this realm collapsed out of the 2977 realms that fell? (Or something like that). He floated out there in the void of destruction for a long time before turning into the meat jelly, and seemed to have forgotten everything. The betrayal you mentioned may of been the realm going againts the mountains and sea realm and him choosing the M&S realm and dying for that cause.

15. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah sorry i mistaken the part after lightning emperor died and the woman come is act of betrayal or something because i only remember line of she become cold and said she free

16. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't have the power of reserection or that her orginal personallity won over her currenet personallity. Her goal was never to marry and fall in love but to be free and return to her home (or whatever she had going on). He was dead, she spilled tears and then moved on. It wasn't really betrayal on her part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.