Bride of The Water God

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by cap.toon, Aug 25, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The live-action series adaptation of the comic Bride of The Water God is way different from the original plot. I haven't finish reading the comic, but I would like to see a live-action following that plot. The costume for the adapted series is very good. The group in charge of designing and putting together the clothing and hair did an amazing job. I wish they would spend that must effort on the servants and the goddess. I would like to make some points/comments of what stood out for me.

• [*]The gods are arrogant, at least the three we know. They believe themselves to be above human beings, yet even admit that they exists because of humans' belief. Habaek is the equivalent of a spoil rich young master. In fact, I think the Habaek from 1,200 years ago (along with the one that lives in the realm of the gods) and the world in the human world are somewhat different. Maybe because he is dealing with different things. The Habaek in his homeland has everything at the tip of his fingers. He doesn't need effort, thus that makes him appears more majestic. While in the human world, he has nothing. He has to exert a lot of effort even if those efforts are simply asking for money which in turns make him appears like a spoil young master.

[*]I guess through out the series there was not a consistent concept of what the gods are. We can even say that the series explore the concept of gods. Personally, I would say that gods are just another race of being created from the energy human releases. They are vulnerable to extinction, despite the fact that they have superpower humans don't have. But who truly is more powerful? The people who unconsciously created gods or the gods who were granted power but at the mercy of their creators? Then we see that the gods can borrow the womb of human females to bear them children, yet because it is against the law of nature or so they say, it is a taboo. One thing the series outline again and again is that the gods are emotional beings. They love, fear death, feel the need for revenge, seek intimacy, and create friendships. They are not quite so different from human
      beings although they may think so. They just live in a different society with different regulating laws.

[*]It was after I finish the series that I realized something. There are many lack of communication leading to misunderstanding.
    Have you seen this series? What's your thought? Any comments?

sharlnina likes this.
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a bride?!

3. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Are u the water god Habaek? If not, this is probably not your bride?

4. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the manhwa in the past...It's okay-ish for me. XD

5. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen a clip of the live action. :ROFLMAO: Not interested though I've heard from my friends that it's good...

6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
  7. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think female lead ruin it.Though they have chemistry but most of the time female lead is expressionless.
    Another thing is that it lacks tension and suspense (they did try to create it) and expectation was very big due to goblin.

sharlnina likes this.
  8. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep!!! That's what I've read in reviews. The female lead is expressionless. That she's a horrible actress. XD That's why I didn't watch the k-drama.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  9. sharlnina

sharlnina Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though my friends says otherwise they say it's good.

10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she is an amazing actor. Many of the actors are very good with their expression and brought out the characters. Hoo Ye is one example. I think reviews are awesome, but I still think watching it yourself and making your own opinion is better.
    You should go watch because Habaek can be quite robotic (hahaha) when he's drunk.

11. Amsir

Amsir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the second couple more... Moo ra and Bi ryeom interaction... i didn't like the main couple....