LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I should have written that they 'swept' the field dungeon rather than that they 'cleared' it.
    Sweeping a field dungeon should lead to a reward:
    So I expected there to be an additional reward for sweeping America's field dungeon, since the reward they got in ch135 is specifically for the event raid. Either the rewards were combined, or else the dungeon isn't yet swept (or the author forgot). Maybe the report of and reward for sweeping the field dungeon will come out in ch136.

2. -M4-

-M4- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Final Fantasy it usually just recovers hp and mp (in FF8 it's like you said, in FF13LR it grants buffs in addition to hp and mp recovery - these are the main game exceptions). Remedy is what normally has the cure all status effects thing.

3. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized that this novel was an earlier work from the author of Everyone Else is a Returnee and was wondering if this novel is also worth a read.

4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like EER then you'll probably like this.

5. Teunayven

Teunayven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It definitely is.

I think the rewards are going to come out in Ch136. I don't think author is going to bother throwing a Field Dungeon boss at them after they killed a Raid boss of that scale. Dungeon Bosses would just be pathetic in comparison. I think after everyone picks their rewards for the Raid it will be like "You cleared the Dungeon!" The Raid was triggered before the field dungeon was swept so clearing it is probably part of sweeping the field dungeon.

6. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Since this field dungeon had only one kind of regular monster (wyvern), I think it will only have one field dungeon boss, the wyvern queen, Lotte, whom Shin tamed. Also, the ch136 sneak peek says that they're done with the field dungeon:

7. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    That leads us back to the original topic - do they get a secondary reward for sweeping the field dungeon, and when?

8. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "In truth, looking at American ability users’ selflessness and their treatment toward other countries’ ability users, I thought the American government would be like them, but it seemed all higher ups thought the same way."

Is this a translation mistake? He repeats America twice. Was it supposed to be Chinese in first sentence? We've never seen any negative comments about America being bad. In fact they've been fair to him and all ability users.

I know also find myself agreeing with Shin's point of view, yet he needs to take some responsibility. He as the hero and strongest has to take charge. Clara can't be blamed since her view point would be shared by government higher ups as the norm. He needs to not just select good teammates, but raise them as well. If he wants immortal warriors he needs to obtain them himself. If he doesn't want others to die pointlessly, then arrange them properly. Step up instead of just shouting is what someone should tell him.

Arbalest likes this.
  9. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds to me like your misread the line. It said selfless, not selfish. Its saying the Americans are selfless and treat people from other countries well.

10. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its talking about his view of the American ability users vs their Government.

Shin was considering starting his organization already. He got mad because he didn't like Ciara's way of doing things by sacrificing the ability users to show the world how important the hero is. Ciara knows when the field bosses would appear and how strong they are so she was well aware of how many people would die fighting the drake. Instead of evacuating the S rankers, she let them become fodder to glorify Shin's capabilities.

JZ505 and Arbalest like this.
  11. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Shin is limited in his thinking and this can be just as dangerous. Against the Drake the other team members couldn't do much and would have ended up dead as a result, it doesn't matter how strong a person is if he can't be used in multiple places.
    Take the field boss of the French dungeon, when she killed all those students, there was no alert for Shin to go and stop her, if more of these happen then the human population will be severely decreased, with Shin being none the wiser.

12. Anon_711

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is two-fold; if he wants a team of normal awakened, there is not much he can do to support them as their strength limit is set based on their power. He can really only provide equipment from monsters and the dungeon.

If he wants to form a team of explorers, he can only support them with money and advice unless they are on the same floor boss as him and the recruitment speed is much slower as invite slots are limited.

13. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little girl's Hero fantasies are pretty strong, still calling Shin "Hero-nim".

Also, isn't she American? Is the -nim addition from a translator thing that he has or is she actually saying it in Korean?

14. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I also agree on shin point of view. That loli's way of thinking is disgusting! she already knew what kind of disaster that SS+ Drake-Dragon are capable of but she still insists of her point of view to glorify a HERO existence. Pathetic! Those cannon fodder rankers died like a dogs death! they die for nothing shin and his friends can slaughter that Drake by themselves. Clara treated the life of each ability users like a cheap recyclables chess pieces! I wish shin stole her power so that she cannot abuse it anymore.I hope for shin to be a unsung hero on earth instead of a well-known one.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  15. Anon_711

Reading List:
    Link
    I also get a strong 'hero-worship' future Yandere vibe from her. I hope she doesn't screw around with Yua's awakening just to get to see Shin again.

Maybe his translator item is adding the honorifics

Also, really
    no field dungeon rewards?

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    So Shin sees the importance of weaker awakened. They can take care of the smaller threats while he focuses on the bigger things. I guess he just doesn't want to bother with them. I'm also a bit irritated that he didn't invite Pepper to the dungeon or at least that one of them didn't invite Pepper. He seems to have all of the qualifications you'd want in an explorer.

17. kazuma88

kazuma88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well according to his dream, pepper is with shin maybe later he will invite him to the dungeon

18. Anon_711

Reading List:
    Link
    After only knowing Pepper casually for a week, I think it is too early. He got along much better with the Windamere team, and he didn't invite any of them either.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like he knew the Fire Girl or Shield Girl all that long before deciding that they were trustworthy. When it comes to dungeon explorers the sooner you invite them the better. That way Pepper will get his own invites.

20. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    He just need to observe pepper more before he invite him to be a dungeon explorer see if pepper got a weird habit or something. You don't want to invite people inside your house on first meeting right? You need to know him first trust issues.