so is there still a WW lawsuit?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by wes174, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian will try to drag it out for as long as they can until people forget about some of the crap they did since the crappy stuff they did could be used in court to set a precedence for bad business practices. It is a common white washing method shady businesses use to lower the damage caused by illegal business dealings because they can argue they are not the same business as several years ago. For example a jury now would likely side with WW while a jury a few years from now might side with Qi.

We can see this same thing happening here on NU with the massive amount of Qidian updates and forced suppression of the translators. Right now we are pissed off and hate them but in a few months we will have no choice but to read from them because most of the Chinese novels we see will be from them with no other alternative translator.

Monopolies are a scary thing, if they were based in the US they would be crushed by the Antitrust law however they are in China and China did not put in a anti-monopoly law until 2008 that cannot be said to be enforced well.

Mangochic and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    These Chinese courts are going to ruin WW.

3. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WW wants to do it in international court and Qi wants to do it in Chinese court. The last time I seen them argue on here Qi who got caught in a lie said he wanted Chinese court while Ren said no to it and said international court. This falls more under international rather than Chinese because translation rights are different than the original publication rights.

Mangochic likes this.
  4. Devshard

Devshard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, internet lawyering.

The legal advice that no one asked for, no one wants to see, and no one gives a shit about.

Vireyda likes this.
  5. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mmh [​IMG]
    just passing by - random post - nothing new on the drama - filler chapter - skip - waiting for new development

[​IMG]

6. Emy.

Emy. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    `-`
    it's gonna take quite some time and well ... just wait for ww or qi ( yeah I also included qi , bite me now) to post announcements regarding it in the future if they want to

7. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not how it works.

WW translations have never been theirs.

Nef-i and Mangochic like this.
  8. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That why who want support ww just dont go to qishit web cause of long court battle qishit hope they got better overtime
    I just rather go pirate if i want read qishit thing
    better ruin all then give qishit what they want

Mangochic likes this.
  9. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    The original stories are owned by Qidan not the translation. As it is in the grey area of the law, they will try to argue that. Regardless of this, my point is that this is just a delay tactic.

10. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a grey area.
    It's extremely well established in both international and HK law that the translations are owned by the translator, not the original IP holder.

mrducky and Mangochic like this.
  11. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lawsuit? It took around 10 years for a land grabbing case we had before the judge decided who owned the land. So don't expect it to be concluded so soon.

12. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's insane to me that they can illegally host stolen chapters and have to wait years for the lawsuits to force them to stop, by that point you're already bankrupt fighting a legal battle.

Also on a side note, looks like QI is finally posting their shitty adwall chapters to NU, shame NU is so neutral, a hard adwall chapter shouldn't be allowed to appear in my eyes.

Mangochic likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that normal~ you think every case just go here prove blabblablabla bam side A/B win and end up on time of days? depend on what kind of case~
    also use report problem if you meet one~
    be more constructive than just blabering here like kids~ and you way too late to realize that~ it mean you don't know what Mod have done or simple ignore it so far~

kaisersose likes this.
  14. mitre27

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure the hard adwall is accepted by the mods, i just disagree with it.

And lawsuits costing so much time and money is insane, they could sit everyone down and have them produce their evidence and give a verdict in a week if they wanted, but everything is so dragged out that it's even more in favor of the big companies with deep pockets.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    do want to ask Mod? here @Westeller ah sorry during this hour better @LaDyViL I recomend you to read
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/qidian-ad-wall-seriously-mega-merge.43761/
    and qidian mega thread numba 2 for more detail about why that kind of chap show up cuz I'm lazy to search it~
    welcome to the court~ even personal case can take years to finish talk less about company vs company~

LaDyViL likes this.
  16. mitre27

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you keep repeating the obvious? I'm saying court cases should NOT take so long, i obviously know they do.

Edit: At the very least, the court should order they stop using stolen content until they prove they have the right to host it.

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz court is like that~ why you think court is expensive?
    also law like that~ that's why law is troublesome and helpful ~ beside no news so far what kind of court they (QI and WW) using~
    what should be is mean nothing if not proven on court~ so careful next time if you(ever) bring case to court ~ ciya~

18. mitre27

Reading List:
    Link
    The court system purely favors the wealthy, it's a broken system that needs restructuring, all fees should be covered by the loser, there shouldn't be any way to delay with appeal after appeal, it's just insane that some cases have gone on for decades.

19. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um. No they're not. If you see one, report it.

Edit: Oh, hold on. It seems they may have removed the appwall. This may change.
    For the moment, though, we're not accepting the adwall releases.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  20. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft. no.
    dont pretend you know law, since this whole issue is licencing chinese novels. it will go to chinese court

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.