QIDIAN ad-wall, seriously? === Mega-merge ====

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kylarin, Aug 1, 2017.

?

What are your thoughts on this?

1. I CALLLEEDDD IT THE WALL IS COMING!!!

37.4%
  2. Pteuh... Don't even mention their scumbag ass here on this holy ground...

25.5%
  3. Will stick around until pay wall comes then PITCHFORKSSS!!!

27.7%
  4. Meh as long as the paywall isn't too bad I'm all g (I'm also a rich 3rd generation chinese young mas

5.8%
  5. I don't even care anymore

24.6%
  6. Not another Qidian thread... nek me nao...

30.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    i read the ad walled chaps, specifically the mmorpg legendary guardian using opera mini... i dunno if it was because i have an ad block, but when i click the "watch add" button it just show me a black screen pop-up and after 8 seconds i can skip it then read my chap

2. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    it's more like because it's QI that some have intense reaction.... there were past groups that used adfly before you can read a chap and no one bats an eyelid.. I remember saving those links before and it requires so much clicking :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

3. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I hated those, but most of the ones that I read that had those type of links also had the normal nonadfly link right beside it, and the adfly one was optional to click. If they didn't have the other link I usually just dropped a series or just found a pdf later and caught up. Also regarding the strong reaciton due to being QI I would probably react the same way to any other translator group doing the same thing, because from what I had understood based off of my lurking was that ad/pay/other walled chapters would not have links posted until they were avail without all that hassle. However, I get they don't have the biggest team to work with for dealing with this issues and I personally have no idea where or if they even have a ticket system to submit which chapters they are. Shit you never know they may just give up on it once the amount of chapters and series released gets too large to really police with a small team of people or perhaps just make a script to automatically screen the links for ads, but that'll take time/effort. Hence my earlier question that I guess was seen as freaking out and responded to in a condescending manner by a mod ( wee bit salty tbh)

4. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it's helpful for mobile.
    Who does still read on PC? pff,pff..

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of asking in the right section, or reporting it on NU, or asking via conversation to the staff, you brought attention to it by making a new thread with vague information as I quote "a fuck ton up right now for various novels" and "people are just not there to remove the ones posted" which just shows you're asking staffs, so why make a thread instead of gathering the staffs in question in a conversation?

Like I said, freaking out.
    Specifics are better. You know NU don't just list novels from Qidian. Do I have to start checking one by one of the new groups or new novels released on NU? During the time I'm checking and trying to sort through them, there would be more threads or shyt posts or hate posts made. L
    From past actions by NU, adwalls are allowed. It's the forcing of visitors to download an app (appwall) that made the chapters not listed on NU until they are released from the hostage situation.

asriu and qwertzuiop like this.
  6. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked for a report function and could not find it. I would rather not engage in private conversation with staff if they will react the same way you did just now. I brought attention to it via thread because that seems to be something that is done frequently here so I assumed it would be fine, but I obviously hit some sore spots. I was vague because I myself wasn't even sure how many there were and had already attempted to find a way to report it myself, but I could not readily find said function(not saying it doesn't exist just that I don't know where it is) so I did the next thing that came to mind and just made a thread. I still don't see why you're fixated on "freaking out" though. Like I just asked a simple question and then you come at me with this shit was it too hard to just point me in the right direction or even just close the thread and explain it was in the wrong section (I assumed it fit under general). If anything you're the one overreacting, but then again you're a mod so I guess this'll probably just get deleted.

Edit: Sorry about the offtopic post for anyone trying to read the thread.

7. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are people putting chapter releases on nov when they aren't released yet.
    case in point:
    ancient godly monarch
    now has 2 chapters that are still behind ads on qidan
    (which is not a paywall but a preview chapter similar to how some translators have patreon only chapters)

It's annoying grr.

elengee likes this.
  8. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's all about the money money money". Any money is good money. Even Qidian money.

zentetsuken likes this.
  9. Raintale

Raintale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was already asked and merged with the ad wall post

w7sh likes this.
  10. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Im 100% sure this post will be deleted or moved to mega thread, similar to previous posts like this..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    runsing and w7sh like this.
  11. WorldMaker

WorldMaker Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people complain about shitty stuff QI did in NUF? Its far more productive to complain direct to QI... one would think..

Aiiee and lexlangel like this.
  13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    What preview? If you watched the ads, it's a full chapter not a preview. So it's not fake, just adwall.

Pyrenose likes this.
  14. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean that the adds are their for future chapters, not current chapters, just like patreon gives acces to future chapters with some peeps.

15. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    So you don't want to read it a bonus chapter just because of an ad? If it's similar to Patreon, then why are you complaining about? Patrons use real money while you are just waiting for few seconds.

16. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people enjoy it tough :blobpopcorn:

17. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapters? The listed one on NU is only up to chapter 668 and it's a full chapter. It's accessible to the public as long as you watch the ads, just like some YouTube videos. And they are not teaser chapters too.

What chapter is a preview?

qwertzuiop likes this.
  18. ahoppy

ahoppy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because on the novels I read they had not been posting and it has changed. The Magus era is doing it to

19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the report function

http://www.novelupdates.com/profile/

You should have asked for it in the first place.

20. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    They are full chapters, not previews. So it's not a fake release, but it's just adwalled. It's a choice of whether you wish to :
    • read it now by watching the ads (and skip), or
    • read it later by waiting until it is released from the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.