QIDIAN ad-wall, seriously? === Mega-merge ====

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kylarin, Aug 1, 2017.

?

What are your thoughts on this?

1. I CALLLEEDDD IT THE WALL IS COMING!!!

37.4%
  2. Pteuh... Don't even mention their scumbag ass here on this holy ground...

25.5%
  3. Will stick around until pay wall comes then PITCHFORKSSS!!!

27.7%
  4. Meh as long as the paywall isn't too bad I'm all g (I'm also a rich 3rd generation chinese young mas

5.8%
  5. I don't even care anymore

24.6%
  6. Not another Qidian thread... nek me nao...

30.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is their property, they could completely chose to make the translators take it down and just end it there

2. Skuzze

Skuzze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped all of Qidian novels a month ago, because I'm not some sheep who likes to slurp up whatever shit I'm given.

3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    people hate QI yet go there to read chapter after that come here cussing about the ads........:facepalm:

4. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you leechers are so annoying. Seriously think about a bookshop for a moment. Lets say you are customer. A leecher would walk in pick up a book read it. make a copy(epub) walk out with it for free. All they are asking for for you to watch a ad (for the one or two most recent chapters) while you read it for free. Your Leecher logic is such bullshit its not even funny how delusional you all feel entitled to have things stay free forever.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    jersanxx1 likes this.
  5. Ark-End

Ark-End Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like Qidian either, but they're not shoving anything down your throat.

If you don't want to watch the ads, wait a few days for them to release it free.

Or just go read off an aggregate. What did you expect to gain from making this thread?

6. Zx

Zx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why NU needs to differentiate normal chapters from ad-wall et al chapters.

:D

Gitami likes this.
  7. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see the point of watching the ads. Just wait a couple days before you read and you will be fine. In the end, you will read the same amount of chapters...

8. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't care about what you wrote until I saw the dish soap mentioned and it made me realize I too, have seen that ad.

NOW WE ARE BROTHERS IN ARMS, COMFORTED BY OUR SOLIDARITY IN WITNESSING THE GLORY THAT IS THE NEW DAWN (soap).

Azure likes this.
  9. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
  10. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh we got merged

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh hello megathread we meet again~

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Piracy is not illegal. Piracy is a civil offense, not a criminal one.

That said, you could be sued for damages in civil court.

13. Rodger Kingsley

Rodger Kingsley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesnt change the fact that forcing ads at people is both grredy and illogical.

They make money from site traffic, th ad thing can and probably has decreased, thus losing more money potential, possibly. People could easily find the raws and translate themselves, few things are ever truly removed from the internet, and no, im not talking about piracy or pirated stuff.

14. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    But seriously, this thread is pure entertainment. I'm liking the drama. :blobpopcorn:

15. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    greedy? it is Qidiand property, in china, you have to pay (as far as i know) to read the chapter, same way you have to pay to read a book, or buy a game, or even watch tv, and then i'd say 30 sec on average ads is pretty good, and illogical? no, the illogical thing is people like you, who think they can depend on the traffic, do you know how little that makes? Qid is a bussiness man, not a private translator, they need to PAY their employees with a set pay, and STILL get a profit, they can't do that with traffic, and i don't even think they can do that with 1-2 ads on only part of their, THEIR novels...

16. kohryu

kohryu 『The Tattletale』

Reading List:
    Link
    My other phone have qidian 1.0 ver and theres no ad in it.. Its just that some chapters are one big paragraph(as in theres no spaces between parapgraphs.

17. kouk2002

kouk2002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While ad's are annoying QI currently at least don't have redirects, nor do they force you to remove adblock. You simply have to watch a short ad for the latest chapters. On PC that was 15 seconds before you could press skip, and on my phone using the app it probably wasn't much longer. That said I think this is the second time they implemented this only thing I regret is that previously I only saw ads for games, this time on PC not a clue what it was about.

Additionally you can use your freely earned spirit stones to pay to skip the ad instead. The more novels you read the less benefit you will get from this (not enough stones to support a large reading list, might need to pay), but the daily check-in seems like it can support 3 novels. Unsure of the other ways to earn at the moment but he current ad situation doesn't bother me that much.

18. Rodger Kingsley

Rodger Kingsley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the ads thing caused people to avoid and dislike the site, comments here would suggest yes,
    Edit, phone beins stupid. Less site traffic would mean less money, and less people viewing the ads. Yes it is their property, that is not in dispute, but property rights means little if no one views said property because of illogical actions. True, it is probably null in the long run, but still does not change the fact that this is causing site traffic and money to potentially belost.
    One would think that continuing to do a thing to raise money, but is or could be losing it, would be considered illogical.

19. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    indeed, but while i do agree that it might or have caused traffic to drop, i don't think it's anything major compared to their income from the ads they have, and even if it was, they would have to do it anyway, since people dropping out over just a few ads would probaly not stay long anyway, and they have to evolve the site to make bigger profits. So i'd say it's a sacrifice they are ready to take

20. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Thus, greedy.

The crux is they are directly taking actions that intentionally harm the readers experience, aiming for more revenue. Very few people have take issue with normal ads that do not obstruct reading, and ever major translation site has built a foundation using those types of ads.

For a group that has enormous backing and the least amount of risk to use a disruptive ad approach is nothing short of greed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.