LCD Library of Heaven's Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kagamiya, Dec 24, 2016.

1. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whelp incoming plot device to make up for the fact MC is so OP as hell. Also doubles as goal for him to get stronger since he is so OP. He could have otherwise just been lazy about it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that branch of the Poison Hall will have any treasures left by the time its members are done paying him for treatment ;)

Also wondering how the envoy plans to explain the loss of that lotus to headquarters, and if the MC will sell it or save it for bartering for things he actually cares about.

Also also wondering what treasure he'll ask for after winning the Beast Tamer competition since those books will definitely be useless to him by then. Or if they'll even let him compete when his cultivation is so far above any other contestant's.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If it only protects up to 3-star, then its probably not strong enough to deal with the lotus. I wonder how he'll wind up picking it.

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be Heaven's Path Poison Art and Heaven's Path Poison Body right? The Poison Body is a body cultivation method like his Heaven's Path Golden Body?

I think the problem was the heat rather than the poison though?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That's one seriously slow poison. One might even say pointlessly slow. That said, the only reason I can think to use a poison like that is political gain, so his former self must have been someone fairly important.

He should become his own apprentice again and ask Gu Mu to take care of the procedures to enter his "disciple" into the Poison Hall's records ;)

I don't think his normal method of taming would work on something so much stronger than him though...
    I was referring to his new constitution. I haven't been reading the adwalled chapters.

Demonic Spoon likes this.
  6. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither have I, I read them on Gravity Tales site.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought GT was releasing them at the same rate as QI removed the adwalls?

8. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they are

9. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess he's someone important then. Now I'm curious to his background. To anyone who reads the raws... Nvm I dont want to read the spoiler and be discouraged to read it through lol

Are the adwalls that different between us? I mean my ads are just pics that you can skip after 8s. It isnt that hard for me to read them.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to know what he would have done if Gu Mu had refused to tame it ;)

Why didn't he compile a book when the beast blocked the rock? I would have thought that that would have counted.
    Honestly, it would be more surprising if the MC was a nobody, especially when he's an orphan. Which is why I kinda wish he was a nobody.

Its strictly a matter of principal. I don't really object to adwalls, but since they started this program by adwalling two previously released chapters, I really don't want to support them in the slightest. Others simply hate QI for their other business practices or because they expect QI's next step to be a paywall and (for whatever reason) they're committed to the idea that they should get everything for free.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he simply blocked it by moving and thus is not counted? Or the author forgot.

That would be surprising. I even thought of an excuse why he was poisoined: his mother was an insignificant nobody that was simply experimented on. But juding by how he's going on about how the original body was a genius, I doubt he isnt someone important.

I totally understand what youre saying. What they did is really awful and I'd probably boycott them if I cared about any of it. (Im sorry)

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What is he standing on while he's holding the tail? Wouldn't the tiles not only be sinking, but actually sinking faster if he's bracing himself against them while holding the tail? And if he's not bracing himself against them, then what is he bracing himself against? Because if he's not bracing himself against anything, then he should be getting flung wildly about and have already been dunked in the lava multiple times, melted/burnt to a crisp, and died.

I notice that he's been upgraded from senior uncle to senior granduncle ;)

Why didn't he stick around to make sure that the Lava Beast's cultivation broke through? If it didn't, then according to the terms of the contract, he should stick around to help it.

Also, didn't he forget the third treatment for Gu Mu?

He should have given the token back to him and asked him to find "his student" who was headed to Tianwu Royal City to take the Master Teacher's 1-star examination. Once Mu Gu found him, he could take him to his own Poison Hall to browse through their library and possibly take the 1-star exam.

13. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    MC about to lay down some 5th level smackdown.
    I have a feeling the arrogant painter is skimming all the auction money anyway and is about to get schooled in a 'glass house' kind of situation.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why was the eagle willing to be given to the princess? Wasn't the main reason it was following him was because it was hoping to raise its cultivation even more?

I wonder if Kong shi also had, or possibly even made, the LoHP.

I thought the princess was still an apprentice and that she was taking the Beast Tamer exam to gain the qualifications to take the Master Teacher exam? Or is the new girl just assuming that the princess will pass?

I wonder if the new girl's first exposure to his awesomeness will be the reunion of him and Mo Yu or him curbstomping everyone at the Master Teacher exam. Also wondering what the other steps are that he has to take before the symposium, and how he'll convince them to let him do them (assuming that he hasn't accidentally done them already).

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If there comes a day when he's able to take a profession test without slapping someone's face, or that he provides key information in a timely manner, thus preventing someone from embarrassing themselves, I'll be utterly shocked.

16. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, he never instigates these situations. It is always the arrogance of the other person. He just acts like a living Karma storm wherever he goes. Emotional devastation scattered for miles around!

17. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    He is either the densest Chinese mc or he is intentionally being an ass to set up people for the face slapping. Seriously some of the events make me dislike him as he obviously could have kept the situations from deteriorating into a chance to slap someone's face.

Also anyone else find it odd that he seems to have almost no understanding of anything. I know it's been only 2 months but he hasn't bothered to learn any common knowledge of anything until after it almost outs him. I'm beginning to think the person who transmigrated is a complete and utter idiot. There is actually no real excuse not to aquire the common knowledge of the world besides to continue having chapters solely dedicated to reactions to his lack of general knowledge.

18. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite true. But then, considering the culture, it is not quite a stretch. While Westerners can easily throw insults and cuss words like f*ck, assh*le, b*tch, etc., and often used casually, this is not true in the other side. Such insults carry stronger force in the East than West. You could see this when character "vomit blood" for hearing those insults while a typical Westerner would just get annoyed.

Cultural difference. Something that can't be carried over in translation.

They are actually not common knowledge. Like the Master Teacher exam, only those who are apprentices of Master Teachers would know them. The MC has never been an apprentice. Beast as transport? He never used one before and those beasts are several days away from the city. How can you know something that you would not get in contact to?

Even in real life. Some things that is "common knowledge" to certain group of people is unfamiliar to other people. And since our MC is literally the only kind of person in the setting, it is not unusual that he would be ignorant of things that other characters are familiar with.

Also, how could you learn about common knowledge when you don't know about them? I mean, there are no books that will dedicate itself to common knowledge. Common knowledge is not something you studied, but it is those things that we got to know from others. Our interaction with other people exposes us to these kind of knowledge.

19. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can say is this: Here we go again... -.-'

I followed this series since it was picked up for translation, and while it was really good at the beginning, I couldn't help but find it becoming repetitive to the point of annoyance the longer it went on. I was prepared to actually drop it and maybe come back to it a year down the line, but then the whole poison hall arc piqued my interest once again. I mean, he had to actually think on his feet instead of bulldozing everyone with his cheat! And he was doing a great scam that actually had me invested from beginning to end! And there was no arrogant heckler among the poison masters! Overall I thought the series finally found its sea-legs again and things might become great once more...

And then half a dozen chapters later we are once again watching the protagonist bumble around, being ignorant of the world, and then running into an arrogant young master, shaming him and then engaging in a duel of zero tension while the onlooking interchangeable hecklers deliver the same lines of awe and ridicule they did on the last ten or so occasions this exact same situation happened. It's so sad to see your hopes crumble like that...

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Young mistress, a beautiful lady over there is intent on vying with you. Go and rip off her clothes, we'll cheer you on from here!" I approve ;)

"Is there a need to adjust any state of mind? " Says the man who used "adjusting his state of mind" as an excuse to go read books for a few hours the last time he painted anything ;)

"Me, Ji Mo, will now display my humble skills!" Dunno if the translator reads this, but Me should be I.

"He had thought that the other party would apologize immediately upon being questioned like that, but contrary to his expectations, the other party spoke such words in return. " Umm, he did apologize though?

He should have demanded that the loser had to buy the winner's painting for ten percent more that its appraised value ;)

"Can I borrow [a savage beast] to use? Rest assured, after it's done with the painting... I'll return it to you!" rofl :ROFLMAO:
    I wonder if his students will show up in time to see him at the Symposium.