What is RRL?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bugis-san, Apr 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    @NZPIEFACE
    Months later, a few dramatic things happened. Some conflicts in the community and with other communities. Mainly stuff related to the top lists being dominated by stories with high updates and low quality alongside plenty of harsh and/or rulebreaking reviews. Due to these, a few mods were given limited admin powers and called super mods to help police the site. The admins, both now and then, are the owner of the site and the devs, who are too busy to waste time policing the site constantly.

I am one of the super mods. I was promoted for being active in the forums. Which is also how I became a mod in the first place.

After these issues, site issues started to arise. The sheer amount of users and stories put pressure on the servers. Buying more servers was highly inefficient so devs decided to make a huge update known as V2.5 which moved stories from the forums to the main site and several new features. It was meant to be the first step on the way to V3.

V2.5 was unfortunately very buggy and hated by users. There had been a beta up for a full month before the actual update yet participation in the beta was abysmal. Annoyed by this, staff insisted on keeping the update and patching out all the bugs while users called for a rollback. Eventually staff relented and things were rollbacked to the version before the update.

For a few months more, development of V3 was continued by staff while the site slowly broke itself with more and more downtimes and lag. Until V3 was released. V3 was an ironic name because it had less features than V2.5. It was basically a framework, a barebones of what the devs wanted. The bare minimum that worked. However, it wasn't as buggy and was much more accepted by the community.

Numerous patches since then slowly brings V3 to what it was meant to be. Meanwhile the community continued to grow enormously, with stories reaching 5 digits in numbers and top stories getting hundreds of thousands of views.

Rumours of a large scale contest with an amazing prize are lingering about.
    (Part 2)

Anon2.0, fuzor100, Dupe2718 and 2 others like this.
  2. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Devs have considered making an app for mobile on numerous occasions. No word on whether or not they'll make one. For now, they're busy with site updates.

3. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Name it the Dev 2.0 War

Dupe2718 likes this.
  4. Dupe2718

Dupe2718 Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    He should start from the beginning of Andur's series.

I'm not sure of the exact order, but I started at "Until Death?"

Just search for Andur @Bugis-san.

5. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about the order too, but I read 'Beyond?' first and never had any problems with my understanding of his other works.

Dupe2718 likes this.
  6. Rizkyfw

Rizkyfw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Andurpiece
    1. Until Death?
    2. Beyond?
    3. Coeus?
    4. Court of Souls?
    5. Agent of Realm?
    6. Law of Shadow
    7. Body and Soul

Anon2.0 and Dupe2718 like this.
  7. Rizkyfw

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually andur write until death? first, but beyond's story happened before until death happen

8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, there are so many now. :eek:

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  9. prajit3

prajit3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi there,
    I have been around when he was writing Until Death? and know for a fact that Transcendence? was written next(which is missing from your list)
    the completed ones are:-
    Books:

Until Death? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/629

Transcendence? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/1587

Beyond? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/2850

Coeus? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4745

Court of Souls? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/6545

Agent of the Realm? http://royalroadl.com/fiction/7707

Law of Shadows http://royalroadl.com/fiction/9766

body and soul is on going.(https://royalroadl.com/fiction/11235/body-and-soul)

next don't even try to put them in 1 timeline we have been there done that.
    other than some which we 100% know happen first or next, all others are all over the place.

we are almost sure Transcendence? is the first in series.
    as the soul bond was formed in it
    we know Coeus? is after Beyond?.
    we know Until Death? is after Transcendence?
    we know Court of Souls? and Agent of the Realm? are after Until Death?, Beyond? and Coeus?(not sure where they fit)
    no clue when (or where) Law of Shadows took place.
    good chance it is in A DEFERENT TIMELINE THAN Coeus? at the very least, as both mention earth but the events would change the world too much to have taken place at different times or even the same time.
    we have a clue when body and soul takes place but we cannot be sure.

so no we can't be sure Beyond? takes place before Until Death?.

do reply I love reading what other people think of a book when we have both read it.
    if u think I have said anything wrong do tell so that I can explain why I think so.

Rizkyfw likes this.
  10. Rizkyfw

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah there is transcendence. I always forget about that. Based on the timeline transcendence? is first, followed by until death? then coeus? I don't know about beyond? because there is no clear indication. It could be after coeus, before coeus? or until death? but couldn't be before transcendence? because the soul bond is the start of all. And the final would be the court of souls? and agent of the realms?

For the law of shadow i agree with your view, it might be different timeline, andur also start not using question mark (?) in title with law of shadow.

Well it has been a long time since i re-read his work, so there might be something missing

11. prajit3

Reading List:
    Link
    beyond? is 100% before coeus? as in the epilogue, they found traces of their civilization from beyond?.
    and can I ask why u are so sure coeus? is after until death?

12. Rizkyfw

Reading List:
    Link
    i need to check again on beyond? In the last chapter of coeus?, ascathon's children (i forgot his name in this one) found a spaceship made entirely of crystal. After they enter the ship and activated a certain mechanism there come a hologram depicted a humanoid woman with slit eye Or horn and tail (this should be celes and angrod race in until death).

13. prajit3

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure that ship was from their life in beyond? as in court of souls? they said that the ships and by extension the project was from their life in beyond?. and that fits their race in beyond? too. and was it "made entirely of crystal" I don't remember.

14. Rizkyfw

Reading List:
    Link
    source: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/4745/coeus/chapter/69026/92-epilogue-ii
    I enlarge the ship of the silent gods and admire its beauty. The entire ship seems to consist of some kind of blue crystal. It's shaped like a shield and pointing down towards the planet. “Is there a way to analyse the material?”
    “The material is unknown, but I strongly suspect some form of grown crystal like the dome above Aether.” Nina answers immediately. (As i remember only in until death?, transcendence?, the court of souls? and agent of the realms? that there is crystal technology, so it shouldn't be possible from beyond)

I touch the crystal and it lights up, projecting something like a three dimensional avatar two metres in front of it. The alien is humanoid and very close to a human woman. If there weren't some strange additions to her body she would be fine among us mages. Her features may be a strange combination of several ethnic groups, but that became the norm in our society long ago. What identifies her as an alien are the horns on her head and the snake eyes. She also comes with a lizard-like tail which is very active. The scales shimmer in different colours as the light is reflected by them. (this saying is how angrod describe their race is, because sera just kidnapped all kind of alien race and dump them in one planet)

That's why imo coeus? occur after until death?. As from beyond?, i still can;t find any clue

15. prajit3

Reading List:
    Link
    but I strongly suspect some form of grown crystal like the dome above Aether

sera just kidnapped all kind of alien race and dump them in one planet(race from beyond?)?
    tho u have a good point, it is not necessarily "mana" crystal (yea, I don't believe that excuse either)

still, it could be a strong crystal made not from mana right?

yeah, my only defense is the court of souls?
    please read this chapter
    https://royalroadl.com/fiction/6545/the-court-of-souls/chapter/75924/34-waiting.
    I will put a few extracts here but it would be better if u read the chapter itself.

I wet my lips and try to put everything in a chronological order. “Our first life together must have been as Ascathon and Celestial. We knew nothing about gods back then. Just the reincarnation process was known to us. It was also the time when we had that accident with the soul bonding.”

She nods. “Yes, we ascended to godhood and lived our lives among the Ascended Ones. It was a long way with many trials, but in the end we entered the circle of rebirth again. One can take only so much of memories before you get bored to death just by living.
    “Afterwards comes a blur of short lifespans until we rejoined as Stella and Azir, though we never remembered being gods in that one.”

“Yes. And the existence as Gideon and Cyla must have been afterwards because we found relics from our previous civilisation in those lives. Like the seed ship and, later on, their cities. Though since we couldn't remember our past lives in that reincarnation, we never made the connection,” I muse.

“So what about living as Angrod and Celes? There are some inconsistencies between those first three lives and the last one.”

do read the chapter and then reply.
    thanks i am enjoying this a lot:)

16. prajit3

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rizkyfw
    have u read my reply?
    if so do reply.
    I was enjoying this..............................