Spoiler Happy Days Tied With a Knot

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sparkleme1110, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Kirana

Kirana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the Chinese raw of this novel?

2. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    What was her reaction after ML basically broke their engagement wished to have her back? For me I would have been all "nuh uh."

3. AquaticSilver

AquaticSilver Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, first time a broken marriage comes a repair marriage...wait....nevermind.
    At least for the first time. I finally get to read ex-fiance falling, wanting back and ending up together with the MC. I wish there are more like this.

4. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get you male lead. If you wanna break the engagement at least have the balls for the follow through? Also when does he even to like her?

KazenoTsuyoi and Boinkers like this.
  5. 08phamann

08phamann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor really reminds me of the one in Chaos of Beauty. He gave me the creeps.
    @Chuchu are there any cute/sweet/romantic moments that you can remember between the MC and ML?

odanezz0_3 likes this.
  6. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me more about the emperor? Like how and when did MC and emperor meet?

7. annkanni

annkanni Membrum Bene Notum

Reading List:
    Link
  8. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I've read the MTL, so hope this is correct. :unsure:
    The MC's original host used to be spoiled, quick-tempered, impatient, mean-spirited, and used a whip. The engagement was arranged from childhood, so the ML's memories of her were not pleasant. The ML is a general and had been stationed elsewhere for long periods of time so their meetings were few and far between.

After transmigration there's a time-skip of 3 years; the MC doesn't have memories of the original host at all, so all of the information she knows comes from her long-time personal maid. The ML visits the MC on the way back to the Imperial Capital; he hasn't seen her for 3 years. He wants to break off the engagement, and the MC graciously agrees as she has no past memories of the ML (she used to be infatuated with him). As an act of goodwill, the MC invites the ML and his male friend to stay for a few days to attend a number of events and to sight-see.

Almost immediately the ML has second thoughts about breaking off the engagement due to the MC's unexpected reaction (he had expected her to lose it and give him a tough time). During their stay the ML becomes more and more curious and interested as to the changes in the MC, and tries to get closer to figure her out. He is attracted to the new her.

Three days before ML returns to the Imperial Capital is the Qi Lian (Lotus) Festival. There's a pluck-the-green-lotus event that is about to be held on the lake; both ML and MC get the same number and ride on the same boat. ML declares to MC that he wants to marry her; he plans to re-visit her family to arrange it. MC reminds him that he had personally come to break off the engagement. ML insists and doesn't want to let her go; he can give her love, a noble identity, and everything else that a woman dreams of. MC replies, what she wants he can't afford. ML asks her what she wants in the end.

Meantime they find the green lotus, and before ML plucks it out, MC stops him. MC uses the lotus to metaphorically express what she wants - it was born on the lake with a free and happy life; plucking it will destroy its aura and elegance; it would be better to let it wander between heaven and earth. ML questions her wanting something so different, then plucks out the lotus anyway, which renders her speechless. He demands that this is what he has decided, and kisses her. When they reach the shore, neither of them reveal that they had found the lotus, so there's no winner; afterwards ML arranges to send it to her as a gift.

Remember that the MC doesn't have past memories of the ML, so it wasn't difficult for her to resist his advances. The ML had to work to gain her back, and ultimately paid a high price to be with her.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  9. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the he empror? How do they meet and how does he pursue her?

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    How does the ML do try to "win her back?"

11. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see whether I can still remember..... :unsure:
    1st Encounter: The MC visits the brothel performer on her boat upon invitation, using the same male disguise and identity (Qin Shu) as when she went to the brothel a few nights ago. Later the Emperor drops in wearing a plain robe, and the brothel performer simply refers to him as Master. Both the MC and the Emperor are not aware of their true identities, and are curious about each other. The Emperor is surprised that the MC was the highest bidder at the brothel, and engages the MC in conversation. His directness and focus on her causes the MC to become uncomfortable, so she excuses herself and leaves.

2nd Encounter: The MC visits an eccentric doctor in the woods to seek a cure for a servant's face that has a birthmark covering half of her face. Later on the MC and her servants travel somewhere scenic to take a walk. At a pavilion the Emperor calls out to her, and is surprised to see that she's a woman after all, although he still thinks her name is "Qin Shu". He engages her in conversation again, and is amazed that she dared to visit a brothel, and asks her about her views on men seeking comfort there, about politics, etc. The MC's pragmatic views blow his mind, and he admires her even more. The MC intuitively fears him and doesn't want to know more about him, so she hastens to leave.

===============

The Emperor orders someone to investigate the MC. As the investigation draws a blank, he becomes more intent on knowing about her. This turns into an obsession, and he orders people to search for the MC and bring her back to the palace.

Meanwhile, a commissioned painting of the MC has been completed and is awaiting the Emperor's approval before presenting it to the MC as a gift. But the Emperor is too obsessed about "Qin Shu" to pay attention to the painting. The ML visits the Emperor to request for a marriage decree, and the Emperor approves. Not long after that, the Emperor is informed of the MC's real identity, and he quickly orders for the painting to be unfurled. Lo and behold, it's the MC! Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

The Emperor schemes to delay the marriage by issuing a decree for the MC to take etiquette lessons in the palace for 3 months. Once she's inside, he doesn't let her go. He even wants her to take amnesia medicine so she could forget the ML and learn to love the Emperor instead. What a creep.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  12. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    It was an ongoing process spread out over separate chapters. Browsing through the MTL again.
    Main Points:
    • In the ML's mind, he's dead set on winning the MC back; no question about him giving up.
    • The MC is a top businesswoman, used to travelling, networking, and dealing with all sorts of people. She's mature, noble, elegant, hospitable, calm, smart, and objective. She had no plans to marry in the first place and wanted to break off the engagement earlier, but expected that the ML would visit her sooner or later so she waited for him instead.
    • The MC made the right decision in accepting the ML back, otherwise without the marriage decree she would have ended up being the Emperor's woman against her will.
    ===============

The MC went to the Imperial Capital to visit her grandfather. Of course she didn't inform the ML as they're no longer betrothed. The ML found out about it when he immediately recognised the MC disguised as a man in the brothel. He was like, "That woman actually came to the capital, and the first time I see her is in a brothel! Very good, very good, Murong Shu Qing! Always going contrary to my expectations; so unpredictable!"

The very next day, the MC was invited by the ML's mother to have lunch at their manor. The ML's mother said that she wasn't pleased that the ML broke off the engagement. The MC replied that both parties should have mutual feelings for each other; the ML loves her but she no longer has feelings for him due to amnesia after falling into the water (3 years ago), so why bother? The ML's mother asks what she wants in a man. The MC answers that she wants to be in that person's heart; what remains unsaid is that she thinks the ML wouldn't understand the concept of wanting to be loved exclusively. The ML arrives, sees the MC, and tells her that he had been searching everywhere for her; all the while she was right in his home. Afterwards he transports her back to her grandfather's place.

While in the capital, the ML kept seeking out the MC. The MC didn't shun conversations and discussions with the ML; she asked pointed questions about his intentions, and the ML had an open mind when she expressed her desires and expectations.

Before the ML was scheduled to be stationed elsewhere again for 3 months, he asked the MC to think about marriage and give him her answer upon his return. When the MC found out that his barracks suffered a food shortage, she arranged to open part of her granaries to deliver food there. Later on when the MC suffered from injuries outside the capital, she travelled to his barracks to warn him of impending danger. While there he asked her about her decision, and she agreed to marry him, so he went back to the Imperial Palace to seek the Emperor's approval for their marriage.

When the Emperor tricked the MC into entering the palace, he also schemed to further burden the ML so that he couldn't leave the barracks. The MC knew that the only way she would be able to escape was to fake her own death. Before doing so she sent a cryptic message to the ML: "I'm in the sea." The ML didn't understand and became upset at first until news reached him about the MC's "death". He then realised what he must do to be with her, and faked his own death too. So that's how the ML passed the ultimate test and won back the MC's heart.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  13. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Was the ML ever a jerk to the MC?

14. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    Never. Didn't mistreat or cheat the MC at all. (y)

15. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like this novel is about ml he is annoying and I hate him he want to break engagement with mc and then follow her like dog. Such a annoying guy. This novel aren't harem bc she end up with her ex ml.

shelvibie17 likes this.
  16. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's about your preference, but what i can say is ML want to break engagement is because previous Murong ShuQing which she a bit wild and really hot tempered. But when he came to break the engagement the Murong ShuQing right now is different from before where she's calm and really composed.
    If i were the ML i'll also want to break engagement because of previous Murong ShuQing character.
    But we also can't blame ML for want to break angagement and then regret it because the Murong ShuQing is so different from the past, because he don't know that Murong ShuQing soul is get replace with Bai Yi Fan soul.
    That's all i can say but if you still don't like the novel because you dont like the ML, you just need to stop read this novel.
    You don't need to tortured your mind because of this novel.
    I don't mean any offense guys.
    After all i really like this novel because of smart Murong ShuQing / Bai YiFan, and the ML is not that unreasonable too.(y)

17. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me more about An Qin Xuan? What did he do? He seems a bit interest in MC. I'm curious because of the last translated chapter. And how about his brother An Qin Yu?

19. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is versions of demon wang golden mc murong qi qi and her ex fiancé wangye. Her ex fiancé wangye is like this male lead. They both fall in love with MC after knowing she is talent smart different from other girl. Unfortunately for ex fiancé he didn't end up with murong qi qi because she fall in love with feng cang. This novel is MC fall for her ex fiancé I can't believe she choose her ex fiancé when there is lot of guys fall for her. I don't like ML he just like annoying guy like Chen wang from chu wang feI and ex fiancé from demon wang golden favor fei. I feel sorry for former girl who fall him. Why is when girl fall for boy, she try to make him fall for her boy disdain her and humiliated her. When boy fall girl and try to make her fall in love with him or rape her then girl forgive him and fall for him.

20. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand how you feel about ML.
    But i just want to let you know when Ex-fiance (Jing wang - Longze Jing Tian) of Demon Wang Golden Wangfei and Chen Wang of Chu Wang Fei can't resist to throne and power, but ini this novel ML abandoned everything just for MC.
    I just want you to re-think everything from ML perspective that MC in the past is cruel and really unlikeable and it's not like he's know that MC soul already change. When he come to break engagement, he come to see different side of MC and it's really different from MC in the past, and he become interest and fascinated by the new MC. Although it's same between this 3 that they get attract by MC when they know MC is not good for nothing. But they're choice is different in the end.
    I know i little bit biased towards ML in this novel, but so far he's not doing anything overboard to MC, it's just that he come to break engagement because he not like MC...