Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Chain him up!

GonZ555 likes this.
  2. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause there more than half done and the have a lot if fans...

3. Xintest

Xintest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry dude I wish I had time .. I study medicine 3rd stage

4. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry::cry::cry:

5. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who the heck knows? it's a Chinese corporation, wouldn't surprise me if they went with "discrimination" or some such bullshit, I said possibly, why choose that to pick on? Look at it from NU's side, why should he/they take sides in what is essentially a legal.. "battle"? :p

Certain people on the forum don't seem to be capable of understanding that, everything has to have a deeper meaning, everybody needs to be on either Qidians or WW's side, or they're just the kind that wants to see the world burn, pushing for NU to take sides..

That's why I try to not read these threads.. all the pointless drama, trolls, fanboys, it has no effect on whatever conclusion comes out of it all.

6. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Viola is entertaining your "possibility," that's why they picked on it.
    And NU would/should take sides (assuming Tony does) because it concerns the future of whole TLing community; I would say there's a lot at stake, wouldn't you?

Maybe because there is something deeper?

Well apparently you didn't try hard enough to avoid this thread. If it's all "pointless drama" that will amount to nothing, why are you contributing to it? Are you perhaps, one of what you call, people "that wants to see the world burn"?

Viola likes this.
  7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a Chinese company? I know the reputation Chines companies have but frankly it has absolutely nothing to do with this.
    It could be a Nigerian company, it makes no difference. They would have no legal standing whatsoever to Take NU to court for not allowing outside links on NU's site.

It would be like me getting banned from Twitter for breaking their rules and ToS then suing them 'because i think they aren't allowed to do that'.
    It's idiotic and that is why i specifically pointed that part of your post out. Because it would never happen and if it did, the party suing NU would lose. The case would be thrown out before it even got to court.
    Just because you want benefits from another site doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to them. Real life doesn't work that way. Sorry.

There are parts of the Qidian vs WW thing that are a legal battle over a contract dispute. That should and are being settled in court. But there is another side to this, the blatant breaking of the law by stealing WW work that Qidian has no legal claim to. They without doubt broke the Law and opened themselves up to a class action lawsuit for every novels chapters they took from WW that aren't part of the 11 novels in dispute and possibly ISSTH. The other 19 projects had the translators chapters taken and reposted on someone else website (Qidian) without their permission. That is stealing their work and clearly breaks INTERNATIONAL law.

So while i disagree with NU not taking sides i do understand it with regards to the contract dispute.
    I am glad that for the 20 novels WW owns the licenses for aren't showing up under Qidian but i feel that their blatant disregard for the law should be punished more heavily on this site. Just my opinion though. Not to mention how their PR guy spent an entire night manipulating and lying to the community. They should be outright banned for that but then again i don't makes the rules... and maybe that's a good thing.

That is where you are wrong. Even if it is only a bit, these threads do help.
    For you to say that they have no result on the conclusion of this thing which will affect the entire community is plain wrong.
    The statement is definitely facetious but it expresses my point adequately. All it takes for evil to win is for good men to sit idle (or something)
    If everyone takes your opinion that anything we do has no affect so why do anything then Qidian will really get away Scott Free without being dirtied at all.
    By everyone speaking out here we show our dislike for what they are doing. Many a company have changed their minds after aggressive community push back. Do i expect Qidian to do so? No. They are shameless, immoral, law-breakers. But everyone who doesn't know all the bad they have done can be told what has happened. Hopefully we can make a change no matter how small. That's why i still comment here.

lyn, Cite, Mangochic and 1 other person like this.
  8. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with most of what you said to be honest, what I was talking about was mostly related to the legal matters, which we won't affect in any way with these threads since Qidian are what they are, my first post wasn't really about this, I mentioned "possibly legal matters" mostly as a joke in parenthesis and I got way off track because of.. people ;)

What they did with the translations is obviously not legal, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to get permission from the translators before they went and did it anyways, and I agree, we should care and we should be loud about it when it comes to what this thread is really about, but for NU to pick sides regarding what I was talking about, legal matters, won't do shit, and they already did pick a side in a way, with them only linking to WW's translations, linking to Qidians stolen translations would technically be linking to pirated works and therefore illegal, right?

Cite, MOHlt and Viola like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.