Ten Miles of Peach Blossom AKA Eternal Love AKA Once Upon A Dream

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by cap.toon, Sep 8, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's common knowledge that there is a long drama series and a short film for this one story. I just had the opportunity to watch the film recently. Wow, I was blown away by the use of CG and computer art--in a good way. There are parts where it is flawed, especially the animals, but overall I find the graphic enjoyably. Well, except the cooking scene. They could have left it out, and that wouldn't hurt a soul.
    • Ye Hua - Yang's Ye Hua is not an iceberg. He feels warm. He feels very human, very realistic. It feels like he is very considerate of people. It even appears that his attention (the constant picking up and embracing Ali) to Ali indicate a close father and son relationship.
    • Bai Qian - Liu's Bai Qian feels very realistic. She is actually interested in Ye Hua's past love, that is a surprise. I feel the suspense of Ye Hua learning she is susu n she herself realizing she is susu is loss in the film. I feel like Yang's Ye Hua is all in her face, getting all too close. I don't have much to say here. I may need to go re-watch a second time to grip this itch I am feeling.
    • Ali - the costumes for the film is much better for this little guy. I found the film Ali cute in a sense, but would prefer the drama Ali. Maybe because the drama is more detailed? The drama Ali should try on some of the film's costume.
    • Nai Nai - I think I like the film Nai Nai more. But seriously, those tripping on air. I don't like those. Then, that ending scene where Nai Nai say a bunch of stuff about Ye Hua. Couldn't they have incorporate that in a better way?
    • Su Jin - I feel that the film Chun Li's Su Jin is more vicious, the ideal stereotype of a jealous woman that lost all sense of logic. Sadly, she had some gut to give Bai Qian her eyes back. I guess the victory I sense in the drama for this particular scene is dead in the film. I'll have to like the drama Su Jin more. She is, in my term, more human and shows more depth to her character. But the film is short and may not be able to show her involvement in politic as the drama has.
    • Zhe Yan - What happened to him? He said something about being the only god left from Mo Yan's generation so he ought to do something. He is showed flying, then nothing. He didn't show up in other scenes unless I miss it.
    • What I don't like: 1) Bai Qian's servant. They can do a better job than that. If they can't, please use a human in costume. They can choose someone who is cute and small. 2) The cooking scene. Don't like the computer art, or is it CG? It didn't really came out as, humble. Rather, more of a show off. 3) Ye Hua took her to heaven? Is he stupid? I thought he should understand she is safer anywhere, but not there. Even he has to understand how stubborn his grandfather is. 4) Is it just me? Ye Hua is depict as super strong and always helping out Bai Qian although she is "supposed" to be stronger than him in term of age and the cultivation she has gathered. In the drama, we can say "oh he has some collected power from his father and such" but in the film? Idk.
    • What I do like: 1) the scene after he sealed the villain and they were separated by a wall of ice. It was well done. 2) The line, there are ten miles of peach blossom, but one is enough for me. Well something like that. 3) IDK, what do you like?

The subtitle on the version I watched were so transparent that it was hard for me to read. I'll have to go back and re-watch it. I will probably update later if I have any more comments. What do you like and don't like about the film? Which scenes do you like better in the drama or the film? What do you think about how the characters were portray in the two versions?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk much about it, but I read somewhere that peach blossom plagiarised a BL novel, and is a massive thief work.

:blobconfused: Again Idk much

3. NerdExpress

NerdExpress 『Shem's Kouhai』,『Nerdy』,『Saving The World』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's a novel that plagiarized a BL novel and apparently it got a drama (If you want to read the summarized chapters it's translated on NU, I think the translator says some stuff about the plagiarism part somewhere on the website).

SummerX likes this.
  4. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that too. We can say bad and wrong all we want, but it had been done. Right now, let's just be happy with what this bad and unethical action brought us. After all, it brought us a story that is worth watching I guess. Nonetheless, this story made headlines because it was ripped of for heterosexual consumption. Most people don't read BL.

But I think the best way to give the original work justice, is to also make that into a drama. I would love to watch it with the best actors, the best producers, and the best script possible. It is sad that because it is a BL work, turning it into a drama comes with limitations, obstacles, and people finding reasons to give it half ass sponsoring and motivation. Would there even be any straight actors willing to take up a gay characters? Not likely I guess.

5. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be good if someone translated it n not just summarize it.

6. NerdExpress

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there were some missing details, but the translator wasn't able to fully translate it because it plagiarized another novel. (Translator says it in a note somewhere, prob first chap).

7. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. I thought u mean the original work. As far as I heard, the original work wasn't translated in English.

8. NerdExpress

Reading List:
    Link
  9. sakismurf

sakismurf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I don't get the ending. I guess in this version Ye Hua was Mo Sho?