Discussion 3rd rate bands

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZhaWarudo, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi mina-san, yesterday I was on a craft beer festival and there was a band playing there ofc. Considering old people come to such festivals as well, music had to be ...appealing to all ages. Now I didn't hate it but I think no one enjoyed such lame music, it was an original let's say rock by that band. This has aroused an ancient question of mine out of slumber, why don't they just play covers from you know people who know how to actually make good music or at least popular one, or since they obviously know how to play the instruments, how come they're making such generic non catchy music for which no one cares and where did the 5 of them with such bad and unimaginative creativity met each other? Not only them, but thousands of bands across the world with similiar lacking creativity.

Your thoughts?

2. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    They want to differentiate themselves from others?

3. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, "mina-san."

I was like who the fuck is mina? Is this another thread with those NUF members and their "families" that I ignore? Then in a stellar flash of insight I got it. It's the Japanese "everyone." Shivers down my spine guys. Shivers.

4. UselessWastrel

UselessWastrel Procrastinating Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody thinks they have what it takes until proven otherwise.

Music is broad and everybody has different tastes, some have a small niche of an audience while others have millions, categorizing it by lame or not lame also depends on your perspective.

Btw I think using fansub-esque dialogue towards a mostly english forum is lame asf, weeb.

King0Mik and qwertzuiop like this.
  5. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably being indulged by their surroundings that they are actually writing/creating good/okay songs.

It's one of the best ways to stiffle their growth, but well.. You have to be nice and all that.

6. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Mada Mada Dane? :blobpopcorn:

King0Mik likes this.
  7. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mada mada daze~ :aww:

fuzor100 likes this.
  8. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the best inspiration is already used by those legendary bands :confused:

9. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tastes change, music change go and read the history of some artist who were mistreated at their time and got super popular after their death. That being said if you don't even try how do you know if what you play is good or not? And most important an artist (my opinion) must enjoy what he/she is doing and doesn't have to care what the others think of that. If you do things for other's people sake or for their approval it's not art. But this is just my thought. Through art you share a piece of yourself with the world.

10. WearyRain

WearyRain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...can you imagine what will happen if every grassroot band were only doing Covers? That's a nightmare right there, so no, while I agree that listening to some bands make me question why they are even playing in the first place, but there's always a chance they get better. Also, several 'bigshot' artists also have their fair share of duds

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  11. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    I just felt like writting it even though it would make some people cringe.
    Hmm yes that, like in talent shows, people come and honestly, not trolling or lost a bet or doing a dare, they sing mighty horribly to which ofcourse they are turned down and disappointed, sometimes even thinking like judges know shit and they're the best.
    Wouldn't I be a weeb if I misspelled it or something? Btw this forum has plenty of weebs so it doesn't matter it's an "english forum", as most people here barely speak it, also I don't even watch anime or read JP novels anymore.
    Oh yeeeah, like those *cough* less than attractive *cough* girls on facebook get likes and comments how "beautiful" they are...but only from their female friends.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Vocaloid started the same way. People originally thought, "What the hell is this rubbish?" But the composers didn't give up. They improved. With only an overpriced software, basic hardware and a lot of dreams, they made songs after songs. They shared them on nico nico douga, weathering insults and scorn. People ask them, "Why do you keep sharing these weird songs? Why don't you just make covers of Ayumi Hamasaki or Morning Musume?"

But then, someone struck gold. Then more struck gold. And suddenly, vocaloid techno-trance and techno-rock with high pitched singer voices became a national sensation.

So I'd say, be open-minded. Everyone has a dream. It's easy to destroy that dream, but nurturing it until it becomes something great is a long process.

King0Mik and Clozdark like this.
  13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bands like that aren't always bad though. Sometimes you see some really good one at festivals. If you're lucky that is~

14. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You opened the first sentence with a Japanese greeting.

I think project K makes my favourite music from there

15. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people think they can sing after a session of private performance in shower, Don't think this is any different.

ZhaWarudo likes this.
  16. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    I love searching underrated japanese band (mostly vocaloid) and some real one that become big like "ling toshite shigure" Who's known for psycho pass and tokyo ghoul, or nekobolo before he become sasanomaly.

King0Mik likes this.
  17. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    It's funny how many people are bothered by it.
    It's nothing new, bands like that go back several decades, no one is gonna struck gold by making generic not discernable or memorable music from well established genres. I say first album is what breaks you trough, not the 5th, just look at linkin park, hybrid theory was made in a high school band, just edited later and under a different name and members. Same sucess with the first album of maiden, nightwish, disturbed, whatever ... so I don't go into other bands you might not know.

18. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not bothered! You told us to say what we think. I think it's a nice change of pace, nobody does that here

19. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    it's Japanese, I think it means hello everybody?, if you watch anime you often hear it LOLLLL

20. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I know it's a JP greeting, I thought you were salty like those guys before. Doesn't everyone say what they think anyway? There are even people going into Which chapter threads or Novel Discussion threads and saying the famous helpful sentence : "I didn't read it."