[rant] Somehow i "lost" the meaning of discussions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clozdark, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Since 2 weeks ago I keep questioning myself should i continue or giving up in joining discussion in all my favorite stuff.

And it's happen because a simple reason "i get turn off by the participants behavior "

"Negative review" , "hate comment" , "low rating" , "disrespecting the author"
    It's painting the PUBLIC image of the stuff in the discussion,
    And what make it worse it's because the participants thinking that's stuff deserve it.

Let's create an example

On one episode of a story about zombies there's a quick scene where a scientist successfully creates the serum in his long speeches,a few scenes later the scientist meet up with the protagonist and being chased by zombies wave,Guess what's happen in the next episode? The protagonist got bitten and the scientist gives the serum to the protagonist, and all the comments section and discussion turn into madness.

"Lol plot armor the scientist suddenly have the serum"
    "Wtf the scientist have the serum and not spreading it,instead giving it to the protagonist "
    "Plot hole stupid writer"

Am i saw the same story?when i pointed out the scenes nobody care about the truth,it being washed away by the sea of meaningless discussion and hate comment.

Maybe some of you were thinking that the place I pointed the truth is just in the bad forum,but what if i told you it the same everywhere from the local to international forum that discuss the stuff, every single of them being leaded to turn into haters in a single moment, it's like all the people that believe monopoly icon have monocles when it truth it wasn't!

But this is not the main issue,the main issue was how stubborn they are in the discussion.They don't want to absorb another opinion, it was a denial act like in debate,and when all the evidence pointed out and all the reason to change the opinion already explained....

They use the trump card!

''You have your own point of view/taste/etc, and me have my own point of view/taste/etc"
    the silver lining that end most of discussion, and I can't stand this kind of ending anymore.

After that they back to continue to paint the public image of the stuff with their wrong answer.

It's happen to many stuff that I like that end up with tragic result...
    Lost of newcomer
    Lost of current fanbase
    Lost of popularity
    And get shutdown.

I give up...
    --------
    P.s.
    Thank you for reading I'm sorry I can't reply because it's 3 am here and i am going to sleep

Pyoo and Rizase like this.
  2. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    tl;dr please...

Edit: If anyone else's confused like me, then here's what I think he's trying to say after re-reading it:
    people are salty
    people are dumb on the internet
    people like raging about things for no reason
    people refuse to believe that they're wrong
    OP thinks that these people are a pain

King0Mik likes this.
  3. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    That is because the people who leave those comments aren't doing so for a discussion. They're just spewing whatever shit they feel like spewing. They don't expect a reply. If you reply to them with a counter-argument, do you really think they're going to take the time to weigh your opinion? Fuck no. They'll just call you a downie and move on.

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's the peak of people who watch/read anime/manga/novel can say. They're, in the end, just a bunch of people wanting to be entertained. They're not scientists who would actually discuss something deeply. They follow the majority because they unconsciously refuse to be the odd one. With internet, a lot of people have been taken things for granted. Many kinds of entertainments are accessible at their fingertips. They don't understand the effort that was put behind those very things they enjoyed. Literally nothing we can do about it.

kenar and skaviouz like this.
  5. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OP is buthurt people disagree with him, and considers any other opinion but theirs without value, and is tired of tolerating it.
    Typical for Modern America, unfortunately. : (

Pyoo, MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN and Azure like this.
  6. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Well any opinion other than mine is inherently incorrect and consequently has no value... Am I missing something?

Pyoo, Vorpal, KyleXreX and 4 others like this.
  7. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the first bit, but I can say i have stopped frequenting many places do to the fanbases.

8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so OP is complaining about people just flaming even though there is no reason to flame?
    and that they don´t care about facts?
    get real! it´s like this everywhere, not only in the internet

9. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    . . . You have a splendid future in either corporate negotiations or talk-show political analysis awaiting you!

kenar, Kanana, KyleXreX and 4 others like this.
  10. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    lord forbid I become a feminist

11. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we reached similar conclusions regarding... well several things I guess

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally it is not a single thing that turns people off but all other things, there just comes a tipping point that makes them explode, valid or invalid.

As for people discussing stuff... lol

Clozdark likes this.
  13. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just people in general.
    People like to complain... If there is nothing wrong with series, In their opinion which is different from person to person they see no reason to comment.

I read comments most of the time but I comment only when either I find something questionable or when something really great happens.

I'm fine with negative opinions. everyone can have their opinion as long as its opinion and not just pure insulting.
    what I hate in comments/discussions is spam "First" or "F5" is completely useless and just makes it harder to find comments of people who are genuinely have something to say be it positive or negative.

14. Dragon Devourer

Dragon Devourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your problem is you're paying attention to garbage. Subhuman garbage. These people don't care about the plot, they don't care about the characters or the story. They want self gratification now and what they want FOR that gratification changes from moment to moment. So anything they don't like is "FILLER OMG!" and any plot point they don't enjoy is a 'plot hole' or 'bad writing' However old they are, they're children, stupid children. Ignore them, eventually they'll do something stupid and hopefully lose all their fingers or die so they won't show up anymore.

Also, nobody seems to know what "plot armor" actually means anymore so you should just ignore any comment that has those words. An item or skill that was previously mentioned being conveniently perfect for a situation is not plot armor, it's lazy writing but it's not plot armor. A character being strong enough to overcome an obstacle because they're strong enough to overcome that obstacle is not plot armor. A mortal, modern protagonist surviving a sniper round to the head that should have splattered his brains all over the pavement would be plot armor. Plot armor is when something literally impossible happens to protect a character. When someone does a previously unmentioed thing that is stupidly sudden but possible within the setting, that's still not plot armor. But it is an asspull.

mir, kenar, CountryMage and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lonelise

Lonelise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's truly stupid tho... wtf with that scientist...

16. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone already pointed it out, but people in discussion section really just usually want to flame. Nothing more, nothing else, just pure hate.
    They jsut want to entertain themselves. Whatever they cannot understand is something they cannot be happy with and so they flame. They do not bother to understand. They just hate, because they cannot be entertained. But the question is, what would you expect from mankind?

Dragon Devourer likes this.
  17. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    When I leave a comment on a chapter I rarely go back and re-read the comments when I am already moving on to the next chapter

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  18. Avald

Avald Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this explanation about plot armor a lot. Although there is a certain tendency for OP people to pull something out of their ass all the time. But it is usually someone new to writing that tends to write OP MC stories, so I guess that goes hand in hand.

As for OP, ignore the haters, haters gonna hate. It just causes grief and shortens your life by how much time you waste on them, plus whatever it does to you to get that angry.

19. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I've noticed this too. Most of the time they will admit to skipping over dialogue, just skimming through the stories, looking for the action and pay-offs.

Edit:I've specifically noticed people overlooking, and then complaining about, things that were explained in dialogue. Observational details are also overlooked by people that are sure they've read about the area before.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    mir and Clozdark like this.
  20. webolive

webolive Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ignore people do what you want, watch what you want. It's internet nobody care, they don't know who you are and what you do. Try to change your perspective they are random people on a random discussion and so are you. If you want to discuss JUST DO IT. It's INTERNET, just ignore people who don't the same opinion, it's the end it's doesn't matter.