Discussion So you're talking about my book, huh?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wildly_Laughing, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Wildly laugh get suspended or expelled then bring a lawyer go to the principle have her call in the teacher have them sign an NDA and call my representative at the publishers and have them explain, I'M THAT FUCKING GUY!

2. Wildly_Laughing

Wildly_Laughing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, so many good ideas from this thread

3. Cole-Right779

Cole-Right779 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha obviously not, all they need to do is write him or her in a cultivation book and not make them the main character because everyone but the main character in those books are Jabronies!

4. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Write another book and mention them in your preamble. If you wrote a book would you tell us it's name?^^

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    or~ you can just keep still and take notes~
    you never know, he might be able to give you good ideas for your new book~ :3

then when you finish the book you could put in the credits: "Special thanks to Mr. _________ for stupidly analyzing my previous book and boosting me to be a better writer."

@Wildly_Laughing

Sharudeis likes this.
  6. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    You could always argue with the teacher and prove that your points make more sense, since you were the one who wrote the book and probably know it better than the teach.
    If the teacher refuses to listen, hit them hard with the truth. Face-slap them with the script and grind their ego and 'professionalism' to the ground with a sequel. :blobhero:
    But you could always choose to take the criticism and write a better book than before.
    By the way, what's the name of your book? I'm curious now :blobpeek:

7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read library of heavens path and learn how to face slap you noob.
    Lol

8. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    create a new character with his name...
    make that character suffer in worst possible way

9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what type of book you're writing. If you're writing something that could afterwards feature a very minor role with no good events, who could resemble that teacher, send a copy to the school as a thank you for a review you heard they did.

10. godlight500

godlight500 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some crap teachers out there i had one that put a question in a test asking the student opinion on a text and said my answer was wrong. I still think that my opinion is something mine but some teachets out there disagree.

11. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what kind of analysis people do in literature class, but being the author doesn't really mean you can do the best analysis on your own work. Put simply, if that were the case, editors wouldn't exist.

If it's guessing the author's intentions, there's also reasonable guesses that could be wrong due to lack of information. If your "analysis" is based on pre-knowledge of your own thought process but you can't understand proper reasoning and methods of analysis, it's not impossible that your analysis is flawed.

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Write a book about this in a squeal of your work or something and have what you said exactly play out in the story, but instead of posting a forum here and write about how you feel. Make it that your protagonist decided to write book about how his teacher mock him like he did to you and in the end his book made him a lot of money, and instead the teacher was fire from his job for having falsify his degrees.

That way when the teacher ask everyone to analyst what this means again, I am pretty sure you will be the only right one.

13. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this one of those scenes?
    Make a bet with the teacher about the meaning. If she looses she has to leaver her job.
    Then show her your the author.

14. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    Act like author and me are different person. This will get you to know and see different reactions analysis and reputation of your book from practical point of view ..

Pyoo and mir like this.
  15. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you prove to your teacher that you're the actual author, fat chance your teacher will turn from being a fan of your work to being your biggest detractor. Why? Because you ridiculed him.

16. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess... write a sequel, and embed a scene that's exactly like that.... and then... uh... troll?

17. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    People read too much into stuff. There are weird theories about books and movies that have nothing to do with what the author intended.
    What I mean is people try to get into authors' heads all the time and sometimes fail miserably and mostly miss the point. Ignore it and move on.

18. Nbhan101

Nbhan101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reveal the truth And shut the teacher up

19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a good chance to take a back seat and review your own book. You can take notes and see what kind of thing the teacher wants. And just give the answer the teacher wants..

20. batotit

batotit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see anything wrong with that.

First of all, someone is studying YOUR book. That alone should be enough to give you a head rush, whether or not people acknowledge you. Second, who knows, you might learn something about your book that you didn't know already.

Do you know that they give courses in star trek in some colleges? Then there are the annual Tolkien studies. And anyway, most book analysis centered on how the book connects, or affects, or integrates with society in general. There are people who actually spend years analyzing other people's work and therefore it is possible that they know more about the book than the actual author in the first place.That being said, of course mocking people is still a bad thing :D

I truly believe that homer and/or Shakespeare can learn a great deal from high school literary discussion about their books. so I don't think they will feel bad if they don't get an A if they are asked to do an essay for Romeo and Juliet or the Illiad.

otaku31 and Sharudeis like this.