Discussion Do you believe in ,LOVE, ?!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by abdera7man, Sep 13, 2017.

?

Do you believe in love ?

1. Yes, I do !

41 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No, I don't !

36 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is getting addicted to one person. Anything else is getting addicted to addiction itself, or to sex, which leads to cheating and changing partners and flaky wishy-washy behavior. Falling out of love leaves you in ruins and it takes so much time, distractions, pain and alternative drugs (not necessarily actual drugs, could be food, casual sex, gaming, reading, vegetating). That's why it's difficult to truly fall in love for the second time, even more for the third, etc.

Those are my views on love. Probably very unhealthy.

Action, AliceShiki and abdera7man like this.
  2. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good one!

Action likes this.
  3. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget tradition of promoting boku no pico to every poor soul that ask anime recommendation in this forum

Action and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, that's triggered, I'm offensive!

Action and Lovely like this.
  5. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Or Invisible Dragon for anyone that ask novel recommendation.

Anyway, I only believe in my parents love. My little brother care about me, but I am sure he will throw me to a shark's mouth to safe himself.

Action, adislt and abdera7man like this.
  6. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    love is life nya!
    love is puwer!
    *hugs* :D

Action, Bielt and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, yes, I do believe in love. Sometimes, I don't.

I think that love is more than hormones as it also an emotional asoect and, why not, an intellectual aspect. When you fall in love you love a person, what that person represents and how that person is. Sometimes, we love some characteristics that define a person, sometines, we love that person as a whole, imperfections included.

The opposite if love is hate, no? At least, that's the general idea. Can we say that, if hate is posible, love is also posible? Maybe.

But, if what kind/type if love are we talking? The one between friends, siblings, relatives or the one between people of the same salex/different sex? Is love different from friendship? Does love include friendship? Just some questions that further 'show' how your question can be 'analyzed'.

At this moment, I believe in the monogamic heterosexual type if love. This is who I am at this moment. I can't imagine how it would be to live with a person for most of my life and share good and bad together if I don't love that person. Why? Because, love also needs reciprocation. What kind of reciprocation? Of feelings. If there's no reciprocation does that means that love will fade away? I doubt that. It's more like the person will fade away.

Anyway, love can also be analyzed from a time perspective: long lasting live vs. Short term love; eternal love vs. Pasing love and so on.

What would you do for love and why? How you answer to that shows how you are at a certain moment. Though, in the end, humans are a mix of emotions & intelectuality, leaving heredity&biology aside (the classic heredity, education and environment is also appliable here).

Anway, in the end, every person has his/her own notion of love and he/she'll act accordingly...he/she'll feel, think and judge all according to his/her own system. Some, in their love, will judge their own feelings or the ones of their loved one/s or.. They'll just feel.

The subject is too complex and I'll stop here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

...wasn't your fiancee supposed to be a male? Did he becone an eunuch? Wait.. That doesn't change his gender. Hm.

Brainwashed? Hm. If you are brainwashed.. Does that means that your deelings are/were untrue?

If something chemical happened once, it can happen again, no?

How do people preserve love? Do they use aphrodisiacs?

Rae, Action, abdera7man and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No no. By brainwashed, Ai-chan was talking about the man specified in this thread. http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/have-you-been-mindbroken-in-a-dream.47215/

My fiance is fully a man, but he wasn't the one who brainwashed Ai-chan.

Action likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If I believe in love? Of course I do, I have been in love before.

How to define love? That's hard.

I think there are mainly 2 types of love, romantic love and family love.

Family love isn't restricted to biological family mind you, rather, you might hate your biological family and love other people as family... Family are people that you want to be with no matter what happens and no matter how many times you fight, you'll still with to be together... It's having no obligation, being who knows how many thousands of kilometers away from one another and still wish to be together even if almost every time you talk you end up fighting... That is family love for me, it's an affection strong enough to make me want to talk someone tomorrow, even if I cried for 6h today due to talking to that same person.

Romantic love is... Different for me... I think that the best word to define romantic love is "maddening", maddening because it throws you completely out of your balance, and you actually feel happy with it... It makes you want to be far from your comfort zone, or to be on any sort of crazy situation, for the very sake of staying with the one you love for as long as possible.

It's maddening because that person might be ruining your life, and you might ruin it further if it means you'll talk to them one minute earlier... It's something that is absolutely insane, that makes you go crazy and makes you not minding those feelings one bit.

Do I believe love is like this for everyone? No way! It was how it felt to me, and I fell in love only once so far... I actually doubt I'll feel this kind of crazy love that completely dragged me away from what I used to be and made me go completely haywire.

In fact, I think romantic love usually goes in the opposite way... You find someone that shares ideals with you, that you feel comfortable with, and that you want to stay together more... This slowly develops more until the point that you can actually see yourself spending life together... I highlighted comfortable on purpose, it's a key word IMO, you need to feel at ease with the person, someone that you can always be yourself without qualms... If you can't feel like that, things probably won't work out in the long run.

AFAIK, the initial "blazing" feelings that exist in relationships usually fades out with time... What remains it's the feeling of comfort, of wanting to be together, of being able to support one another... I never had a long enough relationship to get to this point, but I definitely know people that have gone through it... And sure, there are fights, any close relationship has fights... Being able to still be together while also fighting is what makes this love.

Hmmm... I think family love and romantic love become really close as time passes, but still keeps something different in it... Something a bit more special, even if I can't quite define what that is.

I don't think you should lend an ear to people that say that love don't exist. I know someone that didn't believe in love... Until they fell in love that is.

Most of those people are probably teenagers or young adults that probably didn't think what they want to do with their own lives yet, so they never thought seriously on this kind of topic, nor did they give themselves the chance to experiment it.

People don't get married because they want to spend more money in maintaining their lives and having to take someone else's opinion in how to deal with their own lives, nor do they have children because they want a huge responsibility that will last until they die... There ought to be a reason for those things, right? I don't know what else would it be, but love.

Rae, Action, lexlangel and 5 others like this.
  10. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Action likes this.
  11. abdera7man

Reading List:
    Link
    true ... love can be explained differently by different people , based on different experience...

Action likes this.
  12. abdera7man

Reading List:
    Link
    Believing in love or not , don't necessarily mean that people don't know the existence of love, some people my have already experienced love,had some unpleasant experience so they chose to not believe in it...

Familial love , is different, it rude to say this , but it become more like a bunch of obligations that society force you to adhere to!. ( i believe in familial love tho!) , family is something you belong to!.

Romantic love.... this is a broad vast theme to talk about believing in it or not , especially when love is not mutual , will you continue to chose to believe in love in this situation!? , nope cuz you will feel that is something beyond your own control, that make decisions for you , that may hurt you or make you happy ... It may be lasting or just a breeze...!!!

Action likes this.
  13. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah love again. There was a thread exactly like this before and I gave a more detailed answer there about what I thought about this.

To summarize what I said, there are different types of loves, the marketing one, the scientific oneand the real one.

The real is the most boring and plainer and simpler. Marketing love has valentine and chocolates and scientific love has pickup artists, theories and chemicals and experiments and they work too. The real one though, it is like farming. You have to cultivate the fields, sow the seeds and water them knowing that future is not certain.mThat you must protect your produce from insects, and in the end you can still be unlucky and have your crops destroyed by continous rain, or you could have a good yield.

Love is there, it needs work and it is not magical. Small things with no expectations of return, and your hardwork, do it. One day you will find love.

Rae, Action, mir and 1 other person like this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    If you already experienced love and you don't believe it, I say you're just in denial due to the pain... Choosing to avoid love is fine, but that doesn't mean love doesn't exist.
    That's why I said that family isn't necessarily your biological family... Personally speaking, my parents are people I can't really stand, being near them is definitely something I don't want in my life.

I just don't consider them family, that's all. There are other people that think of as my family, even if we have no biological ties.
    To stop believe in love just because it isn't mutual? I wish things were this easy, ever heard of crushes? That's a simple way of seeing love that isn't mutual... Sure, you might argue that it's more like affection than actual love, but it was more for example sake.

Now, on to a real example, I'm in love with my ex... We have broken up for an year or so now, and I'm still head over heels for him... And yes, I do know that there is 0% chance of me getting back with him... Rather, he even knows of my feelings even now, I already told him.

It's completely beyond my control, it still influences my decisions, it hurts me quite a bit... And I still can't stop myself from loving him, and I wish I had gotten over this since aaaaaaaaaaages ago, but that's not how feelings work, is it?

My relationship lasted for a breeze and my feelings seem to be everlasting... It's a pain tbh, but I'm dealing with it, I don't think it makes sense to say that it's not love just because it isn't mutual... It just can't evolve into a relationship, and I just need to find a way to deal with it.
    *grumbles about the like limit*

Rae, Dori, Action and 5 others like this.
  15. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    I love from the moment it bloom until it shattered into pieces,after that i pick a piece of the love shard and i pierce it as scar in my memory.

Dori, Action and abdera7man like this.
  16. abdera7man

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) i totally agree with you , but you still have to find something to blame to ease your feelings, and love seems to be the perfect target for this, this is why we see some people says that they believe in love and other don't,
    And about mutual love fellings that was just an example to show that love can be a pain , that's why many people don't chose to believe in it...
    And I'm sorry to hear about your situation,..... sadly .... emotions isn't something we can control... Sigh..!!!

Action likes this.
  17. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that this may sound untrue and even offensive, but love is not bound like we belive it to be. When the one you love has moved on, it is time for you to start working again, the love you feel now is the love for a crop that was destroyed by continous rain, you need to stay strong and get back up. Rent a field, cultivate the land, sow the seeds, protect the produce and then harvest.

In fact one person can find love in multiple people, but just like how every crop is not the same, each person's love isnt the same either. So who knows? Maybe you will find something far more rewarding this time.

Action likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* Love is definitely an easy scapegoat for blaming things on~
    Oh, I see!
    No worries, I'm kinda used to it already, I think it will fade sooner or later... Well, at least I hope so, I'm trying to make myself get over it.
    Oh no, I actually agree with you on that.

It's hard for me to get over it, because it seemed far too perfect to be true... Still seems tbh, it was like I found a match made in heaven, but with a problem big enough that made it impossible to work out.

I do believe I need to move on, and I think your example is actually a good one, I hope I do find something more rewarding in the future for sure! \(^^)/

For now, I guess I'm working on myself, not really emotionally (nor financially... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: ) stable enough to start a new relationship, but it's a start, I'll keep on working hard! ^^)7

Action, Pyoo, mir and 2 others like this.
  19. syc

syc [ 空白 ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume you're talking about romantic love. I believe in it. I see it in my parents every day. Perhaps it's not as heated as those new couples in their honeymoon period, but it's definitely there.

Though I believe in it, I don't really know what love is. I don't think anyone truly does, until they have found it for themselves.

Action and abdera7man like this.
  20. syc

syc [ 空白 ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably just being a busybody but good luck! I know you'll find something even more perfect.

I really like this definition of love you give here. I think I would define it like that too, if I was good enough with my words to think of that.

Action and yuzuki like this.