Request An MMO with Good Quest Chain and Freedom

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MaliMi, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi
    as it says in the title, I am looking for an MMO. Requirements, I have only two.
    First and foremost, a good quest chain. Please no tasks like go there find something, go there kill something. Oh, since you might be so dumb as not to manage, here you have cursor indicating the way, so you will not get lost... The best would be if most of the quest link with each other. From doing small simpler (still more complicated than the above) quests, you would do harser and harsher until you would finally arrive at one, when you would have to use a lot of things from the previous quests to complete.
    Secondly, a freedom. I do not really want to be bound to one class or storyline.

So, do you have any ideas?

The only game I know of that satisfy this is Runescape, a game on which I spent my childhood (though the exping there was so strenuous that I had several months long breaks. I did nto achieve anything big in it too, but I liked the world). Then I put a definite end to it with R3 and I did not really want to play OSRS from the beginning...
    Btw. is anyone still playing this today?

Back to the topic... I tried playing The Secret World Legends, but somehow I could not get into it...

2. LesserSarcasm

LesserSarcasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk something like black desert or blade n soul

3. eger007

eger007 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know about MMO, but Witcher 3 is an ultimate RPG experience. It has what you're looking for.

4. DarkGoddessNyx

DarkGoddessNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EVE Online

5. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    path of exile, guild wars...

not sure if path of exile fills the bill but i play it and thus i recommend it
    its a mmorpg where you fulfill a questline of 10 acts and then u go mapping and farming

Alchemist_God0 likes this.
  6. tenguu

tenguu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Might take a look at Guild Wars 2, events happen in the world not a lot of go kill 5 bunnies to be found and classes are pretty customizable and u can play several.
    Edit: Spelling

7. Lonelise

Lonelise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guild Wars 2~ there are several weapons available for the class and different skills for each weapons, you're able custom your own attire and their colours.

8. Sancrea

Sancrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Played guild wars 2 and i think people overstimate it a lot, ofc it's been some time since i last played so a lot may have changed (added expansion). Bought the game the day it was released and was playing quite often (i would say that i was logging everyday) for year and half, in the latter half it was simply because my friends were playing it and not because i found it great. Before anyone says that i never knew what guild wars 2 was about. I played guild wars 1 and out of these two i enjoyed much more guild wars 1 and i played it for a few years straight and never was i bored.

9. Airye

Airye Hermit Water Elementalist

Reading List:
    Link
    MMO are mostly about farming, you should play some solo games for nice quests, look around there are lots of underrated games ;)

10. magrade

magrade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dofus has pretty good quest line.

11. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Secret World (after relaunch, Secret World Legends, went free recently). Most awesome quests ever. Google and Wiki totally legit mission solving tools - different languages, history, Bible quotes, cryptography etc.
    Modern day setting too, as a plus. Tired of "fantasy far away". But, it needs time to set in, and "forcefully" play through first zone. Requires to change the usual MMO mindset for most people.

12. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend to play secret world legends but you already tried, maybe warframe, haven't play in a while but I heard that there are some interesting histories. But if you want a decent history you will be better trying some solo rpg

13. Tokanya

Tokanya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, definitely Guildwar 2.
    I was away for 2 years and now I came back for the next update.
    Still the best Mmo I played so far.

14. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link

...yea I stopped at Blue Mountain, does it then get any better? Though I enjoyed the quest where you had to follow the white raven and had to complete it as a dead spirit.

15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Path of Exile has no "freedom". There's just the story line. You can't go off and "do your own thing" because there's no other thing to do. Every alt you make will go through the same story. There are 6 classes and while your character can use any of the skills regardless of class, the individual skills are optimized for a certain class.

16. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    SWTOR has pretty decent questlines. But i don't think you're gonna find good quests in an MMO.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Sakuraid

Sakuraid Writer, translator and editor

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say toram online but the main quest has much of what you don't want so I guess not. The good thing about toram is that there are no classes, you can choose how to build your character yourself fully. Assassin? Possible, Ninja? Somewhat possible, Magic swordsman? Possible, Priest? Possible, Bladedancer(dual wield)? Please

Note: I've played toram online for over 2 years. It's an Android/iOS MMO.

18. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Each zone has its distinct theme. New England is very King-Lovecraft style. Egypt is Indiana Jones, Transylvania is more of SupernaturalXVanHelsing + ending is James Bond. Tokyo is sorta unique, urban-hightech-meets-traditions,

Kinda fun, how in Egypt you learn Ancient Egyptian mathematics and sabotage crazy religious fanatics, and in Transylvania help out communist hobbits who are being hunted by vampires continuing old Soviet supersoldier research...

In my optinion, after reaching lvl50 and reaching certain stability in skills/weapons/gear, it is much easier to actually enjoy the game. That happens around mid-Egypt.

19. MaliMi

Reading List:
    Link
    Transylvania sounds fun... Perhaps I just migth try to play again... Sadly I already uninstalled it... Damn.

20. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, swtor (at least when I played it at its release) was pretty much a mix between wow-questing (go, kill 20 boars, fetch 15 leaves or whatever) and an bioware single player RPG so it might be the answer for him. Problem is, as far as I know, the game got hit so hard with "free"2play stuff that you need to pay real money to get certain quest rewards and to equip high-quality items