LCD Talisman Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Awe 128, Sep 10, 2017.

1. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it with MCs and falling of cliffs?

2. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Standard way to survive enemies more powerful than they are and obtain cheat items. The opposite of the Disney Villain Death which helps MCs instead.

3. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His fall is bullsh*t, is this anti-plot armor?

4. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    months of training to let his guard down against a guy that hate him

5. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    When does he deal with bitch su clan?

6. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    http://m.wuxiaworld.com/te-is-not-a-copy-of-de-proof-within-⚔️talisman-emperor-50⚔️-te-is-not-a-copy-of-de-proof-within/

Seems like IET "copied" from Talisman Emperor :p

Someguy666 and StuffedDuck like this.
  7. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
  8. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, my bad. I sounded like a fan boy (I've seen the similar situation related to warlock of magus world. too many fanboys).
    Anyways, unfortunately another novel with too many dilating pupils, etc. The timing is just wrong. It's like wizards world vs warlock of magic world vs age of adepts. The novel which is translated most is the "first one" and the other ones are being compared to it. Looks like by the time translation of this novel was started, my interest in generic xanxia/whatever novels sailed already.

9. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh its opposite for me, i was already bored of the normal xianxia/xuanhuan novels and was just reading korean or slice of life atm as it is a fresh breath of air, while idk how to explain this, but TE feels good to read? atleast to me ....

10. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    With TE the flow of events that happen to the MC makes more sense given his current social status and lack of power.

11. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the "mortal" arcs usually fair better than once the power creep of over-mathing the power of the gods sets in. even if enemies are stronger or more skilled it never truly feels horribly out of reach, so the events and characters last longer and get better developed than later on where all it takes to deal with their problems is a night in a cave, a shitload of herbs, and making a breakthrough so the MC can faceroll everything before moving on to the next area with an all new cast that's conveniently just slightly more powerful than him and repeats over and over.

12. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Writers are usually more enthusiastic and need to write better arcs to acquire readers. Once readership levels stabilize, the writers tend to stretch out the length of the stories with typical scenes and incidents. Creating 1 or 2 chapters/day continuously for 2 - 3 years is not easy!

Furthermore, the (Qidian) subscription model allows readers to subscribe for the entire novel (in advance) at a huge discount to piece-wise subscription for better-known writers. Authors indicate/promise an expected range of chapters (e.g. 1,600 - 2,000 chapters) for a new novel and by "peer-pressure" or some reasons, Chinese web-novels tend to be longer than they should be! Hence, the authors are forced to create fillers/fluff to reach their goals.

I am sure that without the time and length pressure, many writers can create better and more interesting middle and late arcs!

Print novels allow more time flexibility for writers to write on inspired moments, check, review/ revise/re-write and tighten plots. Editors and publishers also serve as quality checks or to give feedback before publication.

blablabla12 likes this.
  13. Cole-Right779

Cole-Right779 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone else get really tired of the phrase "take home the bacon" or whatever it is?

14. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a panda?

EDIT: Oh, a kitty! :aww:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  15. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    mayb the author just likes bacon that much :blobmelt:

16. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nay, I think it's InVader (the translator) who loves bacon. If InVader loves bread, he would have used "breadwinner" on some occasions or if he is not rushed for time, he can use more flowery words:

"to provide the "bread and butter"/"rice and vegetables and the occasional scraps of meat" for the family",
    "to put food on the table for the family",
    "work in order to support/sustain the family",
    "sole income-provider in the family",
    "grandfather and brother whose livelihoods depended solely on him"
    "family managed to scrape by at a subsistence level because of his diligence"
    etc

As a grateful reader, I just close one eye most of the time (and sometimes, shut the other). After all, it takes 2 - 3 hours to translate a chapter and only 5 - 15 minutes to read.

To end on a more positive note, the translator works for 2 - 3 hours and creates hundreds of man-hours of joy (10 mins * No. of readers over time). Winning proposition!

17. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    He took just the sword? No Inter-spatial Ring/Pouch? Did he forget the looting rules? Not even taking the head to present to the Clan/Family graves?

18. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    He is still in his apprenticeship ... and all the reincarnated from modern world MCs have the advantage of playing MMO(RPG)s before they move over.
    And just think about how MH got lectured by his mum ... and he was several hundred years old ...

19. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    @ chapter 5 currently

Lol, what a useless grandfather he has. Nooo I can no longer work because my Martial Arts aren't as strong as they used to be. Lets have the young kid support the family with hard work while I think about the past. But he needs time for cultivation, nah my former glory is more important. Perhaps Im actually doing him a favor by sucking his blood like a leech, yes that´s it. Im doing this family a favor!

You know, as a reader Im no longer interested in the mystery of why the Chen clan fell, I think the grandfathers way of life gave enough info.

On a sidenote. Old people are definitely not useless, however this grandfather has been useless person his whole life.

@ chapter 12

"Five years ago, Chen Xi had replaced his grandfather to frequently cook at home, thus he was naturally extremely familiar with using a kitchen knife."

Dam, that grandfathers shamelessness is over 9000. Im starting to doubt if they are actually related. Most likely the grandfather is Vernon Dursley who transmigrated.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  20. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch59: It's not that MC is freakishly strong, it's just that his adversaries are too bound up in their self interests and too gutless & untrustworthy to risk their lives or team-up with each other to stomp on MC.