Question What does Taming Master's synopsis mean? It is strange to me

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ApprenticeOfGames, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    The world’s largest scale virtual reality game, ‘Kailan’.

A well-known gamer in the virtual reality game community, Ian.

He deleted his lv 93 character to obtain a hidden class… but the class he chose was the most useless class in Kailan, the summoner? On top of that, a call from his professor leads to a mental breakdown! To avoid academic probation, he must level up the same level as his deleted character in two months!

The bold bit is just weird and i know it is the author's synopsis translated but i would like someone who read a few chapters in to explain what that means in a bit better detail. If no one cares enough to respond, i guess i could just read a few chapters but the 1st 8 chapters have the sub heading of large update and that that seems to have little to do with what i want to find out :p

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Preety much that. MC got low grades in that professors class and the prof was gonna inform his parents who would confiscate his vr equipment and send him back home. So he makes a bet with the professor that he would reach his old level with his new class (Tamer) in 2 months.

Asf and ApprenticeOfGames like this.
  3. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Means he reset his character and to pass the class he made a bet with his Prof to see if his new character can reach lvl 93 in 2 months.

4. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow... That is less stupid than i imagined but still quite stupid... Still might read it when i eventually run out of built up gaming novels though so meh.

5. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Prof made a bet with mc to level up like crazy or GTFO.

6. KrispyKrem

KrispyKrem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well literally as what what the synopsis meant, he needs to lvl up his summoner account to 93 when he deleted his ranger/archer account and they had a bet that if he got that then he can just not go into his classes anymore and get a perfect score etc, otherwise the academic probation. I think it was on 40+ chapters where he met his professor.

7. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    The class he's in is about vr gaming or something like that. Some reason his character in the online game got tied to his grade, he was high leveled right before the teacher dropped that on him, and so he made a bet to grind like crazy by XX date.

Atleast, that's what I remember. It HAS been a while.

8. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    To give more context, the MC is studying VR gaming and applications in college, however he rarely shows up to class and is on the verge of funking out.
    However, the MC's professor also plays the game and make the deal for the MC spend as much time in a VR environment (which is what he was suppose to learn in school) as possible and still pass his class. Basically, the MC was getting real world experience instead of book learning and the Professor (whom was Dean of this new Academic Department) does not lose one of this first students.

Asf, ApprenticeOfGames and admira like this.
  9. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The mental breakdown part stumped me a little but the rest made sense to me. Reading the first few chapters solves it all~

ApprenticeOfGames likes this.
  10. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    mental breakdown is probably exaggerating things much too far. he may have felt a bit rushed or pressured but a breakdown? that part's certainly misleading.

ApprenticeOfGames likes this.
  11. Raenef

Raenef Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he was a high lvl player resets his char, to play a new implemented class and gets a hidden class and then power levels any more would be too much info

12. enigmaniac

enigmaniac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its actually a quality novel i quite enjoy it, but i am a fan of the beast tamer archetype so take that as you will.

13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just remembered there was an update today that I didn't read~ thanks @ApprenticeOfGames

14. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Once you get into it's one the best stories out. It doesn't deal with all the bs revenge and secret plot on mc as much as other stories do.