PDG Move to QI and a message

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Dusk, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is a lot of the users on nuf are too young / stupid to think that way ahahaha, they see the ones on the spotlight and how much they're earning but not the usual ones.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Un-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i will agree to this (since you say its and as long its for good reason)

i will slightly disagree to this... each and every ppl have their own bottom line... and when they're forced (by whatever mean) to cross that line its taking their human right... IIRC its protected by law?

anyway lets not discus QI over here (theres QI thread specialy made for QI discussion)... sure the trans team go to QI and so its about QI... but (CMIIW) most of us wont hate translator that moved to there and so lets sepparate the trans and QI as a company... we or at least I will welcome them back when they decide to quit QI and read back their work... :blobsalute:

3. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with your comment about it seems you've in fact never read the contract with them .... they can sue you if you say anything bad about them ..so yup,
    you become a robotic pr machine and have no free will

4. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    While that is true it's not as bad as you think tbh, and it's not like sueing someone is that easy.

5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It becomes a lot easier when you are a rich company trying to make a point.

Non disparagement clauses May be more and more standard the bigger the company you work for and the more you get paid. This isn't one of the points that should be heavily focused on but it can by no means be ignored.
    I've seen translators who in the past spoke out against Qidian and now that they work for them they have defended them.
    It sucks but once they join Qidian we can no longer fully trust what they they. Everything they say we have to view from the position of them being forced to say only good things or nothing at all. And sometimes being forced to say good things.

6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really reading it but Good Luck and God Bless

7. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in fact, for anyone it's easy now and for a huge company it's very easy they just call their legal department , and nower days anyone can thanks to the internet and a 5 min google you can get all the forms in less than 5 mins now, in the UK on the .gov site
    i can sue someone all via the web ...
    how to i know this as fact is that i own my own company and have done it for non-payment debt's

also if your in the USA only this weekend a robot lawyer was released to sue here's a few links to show you how easy it is this one for the Equifax hack http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41239513

this one to get you out of paying for parking tickets ( sorry but UK only)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...free-robot-lawyer-can-fight-speeding-tickets/

so the answer is yes it's easy as hell if you can use a pc + printer and ofc hold the pen to sign it

Mangochic and Jarrow like this.
  8. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Idc, as long as I can read it I'm down.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Ignorance and personal attacks; lovely and clueless. XD
    • A non-disclosure clause can often be appropriate, based on job responsibilities; my patent agent contractors have all signed 'em. A non-disparagement clause that binds you for the rest of your life, on any subject determined arbitrarily by QI is bleeping insane.
    • Any honest company doesn't need such absurd restrictions. These things exist only to muzzle whistleblowers, prevent employees from comparing notes on things like pay discrimination, illegal firings and sexual assaults, and to pile on legal threats to victims to scare them silent.
    • "...people need to make sacrifices in order to work together for a common goal." Funny how it's always the people, not the businesses that must make those sacrifices, under your 'logic'. : P Given your stated principles, a woman who's boss grabs her pu$$y should just 'make a sacrifice' and 'not make it more difficult to work together'. I'd certainly never want you as an employee - the likely legal liability given your stated beliefs would be ridiculous.
    • You sound like an ignorant sockpuppet.

PS: ♫ ♫ ♫ Yes, you must be right, Ren did nothing whatsoever to deserve the surge of popularity he got, and the emergence of the entire wuxia/xianxia fan-translation scene has nothing at all to do with his totally non-existent efforts over the course of years and years. ♫ ♫ ♫

Wow. I haven't packed that much sarcasm into a post in years. Thank you for being so silly, writing this waste of time was oddly cathartic. : }

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    zentetsuken, Arumanfi, Alfik0 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For you? No, suing someone isn't easy. For me? My business partner is a lawyer, we run a small engineering IP consulting business and do some stuff for landlords on the side. We have all the paperwork ready and can generate a summons and complaint in about 15 minutes and at cost of less than $100 and an hour at the courthouse. Small claims is even easier.
    Any business has a huge step up in legal threats compares to most individuals. A huge business with a $10 million legal department like GE actively look for lawsuits; they need to keep up their billable hours to justify their pricetag. So glad to leave that job. : )
    Ironically, lawyers resort to suing so often and so easily that they have problems renting, now. : )

Arumanfi, Arcturus and Mangochic like this.
  11. Vishaakha

Vishaakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never read this. Is it good?

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay... it starts out good and unique, but the lastest chapters MC is becoming more stereotypical chinese novel hero where he just kills as he pleases (also authors explanation for stats does not seem to effect the MC), though I can't exactly figure out what criteria he is using.

At very least MC doesn't go skirt chasing about.

It is still so far a decent read.

Vishaakha likes this.
  13. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got hate for all the lies he was peddling about RWX and Wuxiaworld before the move. Ren confronted him and he had to delete those posts. But he is my shit list since that time. Other people don't like him as he seemed pretentious (claiming he was doing this for the author when he was doing it for his money). The other translator who moved at the same time got no hate as he didn't designate himself a qishit spokesman.

VixenKiss and Spiritsong like this.
  14. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck at QIshit and hopefully it works out the way you want it to.

15. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I was unaware he was lying about RWX.

What kind of stuff was he saying?

16. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about laws so I won't usually argue with someone who knows about it, but aren't you talking about America here??

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wing0

Wing0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Happyhour

Happyhour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just have to say loved the first bit of PDG but didnt read the rest also i loathe QL so much i wont ever see your novel again. BLOCK QL FTW let em all Rot

Alfik0 likes this.
  19. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they really just individually post each chapter update to NuF instead of doing what any sane person would do and putting 1-whateverthe fuck chapter it's on and having one release..................................................or is it automated to autoupdate all QI releases once they are posted?

20. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Help!, flood in main page!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.