Spoiler Heaven's Blessing

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jun 17, 2017.

1. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WAHAHAHA
    Ch 96 is the date that follows after kissing...What do you mean it's not in that order?:hmm:

WAHAHA:blobxd:
    MC: “I……”

MC didn't even get to say anything when he felt ML go ahead with removing the needle/pin/vicious, tiny, sharp thing. As the sharp pain spiked, MC couldn’t help withdrawing his foot a little.

Even if ML’s actions were exceedingly restrained already and this pain

wasn’t that big of a deal for him, MC didn’t know why, but it seemed that he couldn’t conceal his reaction to the pain. Perhaps it was because of what ML had said to him, that made him intend to deliberately play it cool and only to be unable to succeed in doing so instead. N’gawww

Sensing MC shrinking back, ML immediately grasped MC’s ankle firmly closer, speaking lowly, “It’s alright. It’ll be better right away. Don’t be afraid.”

ML swiftly takes out the needle, holding it with 5 fingers. MC sees the tip twinkling with a gleam of malice before ML easily reduces the thing into minuscule fragments with the pinch of his fingers. It releases a mist of black gas/qi that dissipates into the air. spooooooky :0

MC surmises that the ghost has a very serious grievance as generally, the departed souls of foetuses (tai ling) don’t have such strong magical power.

ML rises, agreeing with MC’s words and adds that it isn’t a regular tai ling for sure.

Then masked servant(?) comes in, a pot within their hands and delivers it to ML. Subconsciously, MC checks the servant’s(?) wrist for any restraining curse marks and saw that the sleeve was bound closely so he couldn’t tell. Receiving the pot, ML held it with one hand and glanced at it. He then turned around and passed it over to MC who’s still sitting on the big boss’ seat. MC’s yet to get up and move closer when he hears the sound of a kid’s muffled wailing cry coming from the pot. Whatever’s inside that pot is still moving about inside, hysterically rioting and making the pot itself shake faintly each time it struck against the walls of the pot from within. When MC accepts the proffered pot and lifts up a cranny of the lid covering the mouth of the pot. With only a glimpse, MC is shocked at what he sees inside, his back breaking out in cold sweat etc.

Within the pot seems to be the true body of that ghost.

Coming to this realisation, MC quickly re-seals the pot.

It seems that the pregnant mother of this foetus had not yet gone through gestation before someone had cut out the foetus from the mother’s belly to perform magic that would give birth to a young ghost/demon. To urge it into harming others and protecting itself or, for trapping it into protecting the house. Furthermore, it’s very possible that the ghost’s mother was a believer of MC’s, otherwise she would not have placed MC’s protective talisman in/between the baby’s clothes.*

*I didn’t mention it (again, sorry), but MC encountered an expecting couple. However, strangely, only 5 months in and there seems to be something up with the baby bump. MC figures it’s most likely a resentment directed at the lady’s baby that attracted a ghost to enter and (possibly) eat the son, replacing his spot in the abdomen. Poor lady. This is her first child, I think. :(
    That’s why MC dresses up as the pregnant woman to attract the ghost that had fled from the lady’s belly when he expelled it from there.
    It works because he seems to have woken up in a magnificent (but very ancient-styled) residence. He looked into the drawers and was surprised to find his protective talisman among the babe’s clothing and other personal items. MC then surmised that it was possible that the mistress of this room was a believer of his. (That ghost’s mother very much loved her baby from the bottom of her heart.)​

For a moment, MC hesitatingly muttered, “This tai ling was captured by you. Young Third, do you mind if I take it to investigate further? Because I and a gentleman had come across it the first time previously, and now it has appeared before me for a second time. I don’t know if this is actually a coincidence otherwise, but I’m somehow connected nevertheless.”

ML: “If you want to take it away, then just take it away. Even if I had not appeared, you alone would’ve been able captured it.”

MC smiled, “Be that as it may, it was Young Third who’s captured it, and compared to myself, it was completed with greater ease.”

Originally, MC had spoken those words without thinking before he heard ML’s reply, “Is that so? If at that time, I hadn’t came, what method were you intending on using to capture it? Let it enter your belly, then swallow a sword down too?”

“……”

He had hit the mark.

The expression on ML’s face was not at all displeased but MC got the indescribable impression that ML was somewhat angry.

MC’s intuition also informed him that if his reply was not correct, ML would become (even more) angry. Poor MC doesn’t know the right response he should reply with, suddenly notices his stomach was slightly empty and couldn’t help but say, “……I’m a bit hungry.”

“……”

Although MC’s embarrassed the moment those words come out of his mouth, he still observes ML’s expression, and can only explain honestly, “This time, I’m truly hungry……”

A long time passes before the sound of ML’s laugh escapes and he’s laughing out loud instead.

Seeing this, MC lets out a breath, relieved. ML’s laughing but also sighing too as he nods, “Let’s go.”

Then date time happens where they’re walking down the streets of ML’s city and looking at the food all the different food stall owner’s are enthusiastically offering to them. lol :blobmelt:

ML: “What do you want to eat?”

MC: “Then, let’s eat at this place.”

ML: “This place is no good.”

MC: “Why?”

ML motions MC to look at what’s inside of the stall, he sees the stall owner getting excited that the pair have stopped in front of his business, nervously wiping the tables and chairs while he waits for them to come in. But what he’s wiping the table and chairs with is his tongue. XD!!!

MC: “…”

Although the tongue was long and wide, the pans and pots hanging above glisten and reflect with such shiny cluster like as if they were brand-new, MC still decisively abandons the idea of eating there, hurriedly stepping away.

The next stall MC chooses sells very clean, fresh and clear chicken soup, “Ah, there’s chicken stock. Why don’t we go and drink a bowl?”

ML: “This place is also no good.”

MC: “Does the problem lie in the plates/dishes or in the chicken?”

ML takes him over to the store, lifting the curtain and motioning for MC to take a peek. In the kitchen is a guy happily boiling away in the large cooking pot. There are many barrels of spices nearby and the bloke even shouts, “Boss, a little more salt! The flavours have weakened!”

The chicken stock bathing fellow then snatches some condiments and begins rubbing it all over himself omg A towel is even used to wipe his back, rubbing for better taste, lastly, letting out a clear and resounding cry, “Oh—!” _(꒪ཀ꒪」∠)_

MC puts down the curtain and silently aborts plan.

They walk around for a long while before they find a decent shop called, ‘Authentic Human Gourmet Food’. Although MC’s doubting that the ‘authentic’ they mean is actually ‘authentic human parts’. Most likely and typical, is that the chef serves large monster beast (yao shou) meat.

The conversations are cute and funny. You can see that the ghost citizens really admire ML as their lord, warm interactions~

XD Basically, the owners are really enthusiastic, welcoming the two into their stall and advertising all kinds of dishes. It overwhelms MC so he turns to ML for aid: “……Young Third……”

ML: “Ge ge, don’t pay them any heed. They’re only getting hyped up in front of guests, that’s all.”

Ghosts: “Lord Cheng, you cannot say such things! We’re not getting hyped up in front of guests, if Lord Cheng was our gramps, then what would Lord Cheng’s ge ge be? He’d be our Great Grand Uncle…… (Great Gruncle)

“That’s right ah, Great gruncle has come, of course we’ll go wild!”

MC doesn’t know whether to cry or laugh.

(Funny thing, last time, someone was also referring to MC as the ‘big crown prince’ due to him being older while LQQ was younger. And MC was like, 囧! Why am I the senior?? Why do you always make me sound so old??”)

ML: “Less nonsense. Shut up!”

Ghosts: “Yes! Lord Cheng you’ve said it correctly. Shutting up now. (MC is) Not Great Granduncle!”

Then one ghost recognises MC, “Hey! You…Aren’t you the daoist priest brother who had told Lan Chang (probably the woman?) that you had ED/ were impotent last time?”

“……”

Luckily, MC didn’t spray a mouthful of congee out on the spot.

The ghost crowd exploded as if they’d discovered an earth-shaking secret, “Ai yo, holey moley! It is indeed!”

“It’s him, it’s him, it’s exactly him! Lan Chang kept following him, asking for his hand in marriage!”

Other smarter ghosts covered the mouths of the shouting ghosts but it’s too late. ML has heard. Looking up, MC sees that ML’s lifted a brow, the look in his gaze unclear as ML appeared to be pondering over the two words, “Erectile dysfunction/sexual impotence” and the meaning behind it’s connection with MC. LOL

Last time, for that female ghost to stop chasing after him, MC had arbitrarily said that. Despite being jeered and mocked by that crowd of ghosts at that time, MC had remained calm and collected. Now, for that to be disclosed in front of ML, MC could only endure. Embarrassed and wishing he could die, MC chokes down the mouthful of congee, “I……”

ML seemed to be very patiently waiting for MC to speak. But what can he say? Was he supposed to truthfully admit that he wasn’t impotent to ML?

MC was forced to say, “……I’m full now.”

It was true, MC was full so he rushed out of the stall. Behind him, the flock of ghosts he holding onto a heap of meticulously prepared snacks/refreshments, howling incessantly, “M-Mister! Your snacks!” (<<v. paraphrased.)

ML chasing after MC, turned around and once again to the ghosts, “Scram!”

The crowd of ghosts promptly scrammed once more.

When MC notices the ghosts aren’t pursuing him, he slows down his pace, waiting for ML.

Shortly, ML with arms folded behind his back stepped forward, deadly earnest, “I was actually not aware that Ge ge also had this type of unmentionable illness.”

MC says straightaway, “I don’t!”

And speaks again, helpless, “……Young Third.”

ML nods, “Alright. Young Third understands. I won’t bring this up again.”

ML’s manner is awfully obedient, appearing like he’d do what he’s been told to do and yet it is utterly obvious how fake it is.

MC: “You’re truly insincere.”

ML laughs, “I swear, from up to heaven to all the way down to the underworld, you won’t find another person any more sincere than I am.”

Hearing this familiar answer, MC also laughed.*

*A looooong while back. When they had been joking around back then too, MC had said ML was insincere and ML had replied the same way. Which is why it was familiar.

Sobering up very quickly, MC asked seriously, “Young Third, do you know where the Thousand Lantern Temple^ is?”

^千灯观 Qian Deng Guan which means Temple of Thousand Lamps/Lanterns. This was the temple that those 3000 lanterns for MC had been addressed to. MC’s been trying to find out more about the temple dedicated to him that he’s never heard of.

MXTX’s note: Actually, please receive medical attention without delay if there really is a needle/pin in your foot.

alrighty, off for the night. :blobpeek:
    I may have been napping earlier, but one can never get enough sleep. Or at least, I can't.

3. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *falls down and never gets up again*
    trueee trueee MC you won't find anyone like him ;;

The whole chapter is so cute, thank you so much for the detailed summary.
    BTW I heard ML changed his appearance again, is that true ?

Also some cute fanart for their date <3
    https://weibo.com/1456830617/FmSC4tWfl

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Moe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Ami, kly and scriptor like this.
  5. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DAAAAAATE DAAAAAATE :blobxd:

//slides over a pillow.
    Hey there, welcome to The Floor, where most fans hang out, rolling in the feels etc. Make yourself comfortable!
    //fluffs the pillow.

About that, MC noted that ML looked a year or two older? (But no less handsomer) since the last time he saw ML. Actually, it was one of the first things MC took notice of when he and ML got out of the waters lol
    They reached the shore and just sat there on the banks, face-to-face hoohoohaha and that's when MC ogles ML's appearance lol waxing poetic and everything. All those beautiful descriptions about ML's hawt hawt looks come from no where but the bottom of MC's heart ❤️ :aww::aww: Basically calls ML perfect HAHAHHA MC!

These latest chapters with ML have been insanely amazing :blobnosebleed:
    It doesn't help that the ghost keeps calling after MC as "mother" :blobsmilehappyeyes: Cute family alert! Cute family alert!
    before it got captured in a pot, that is;;;

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now all MC needs to do is stuff that pot in his clothes like he did with the pillow.

:blobmelt:

alexfilia, Ami and kly like this.
  7. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE SECOND CHILD a little less huggable than the first but ALL THE BABIES

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the ghost that injured MC and made him fell into the lake?

kly likes this.
  9. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. That ghost I referred to is the ghost of a foetus who never got the chance to be born (tai ling) when it was used in some ritual to make it into a young/little ghost(?).

It was trying to get into the belly of MC since it thinks MC is its mum. It did that to another pregnant lady, eating her son and taking his place in her womb before MC came along and expelled it from there.

If anyone was wondering, while MC promised the husband that he'd go and track down the ghost which had fled the scene at the time, he asked for the husband to provide lodging for his ward LY, and the tag alongs QR + lil' bun, during the time he was away doing so.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers by @kly

Just dropping by to whisper that ch 101 of HB is where MC cooks for ML. QR is also tied up and fed his share too. ML gracefully eats everything on his plate while QR is left vomiting. Lesson of the Day: Yes, MC would look cute in an apron (sexy if only an apron) but don't let him cook or at least, don't let him feed you what he's cooked HAHAHA

MC was accused of being the father of that ghost demon by it's mother(who's now also a ghost residing in ML's city)
    But that mother also accused another heavenly official of being he father too, along with MC having done some kind of blood checking magic that indicated he wasn't the father so whoop, scared me for a moment there geez XD

12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers by @kly (give her tons of cookies and ice cream! <3)

Alrighty, ch 97

MC asked ML where the Tian Deng Guan (Thousand Lantern Temple) was, because he had a vague feeling about ML ...... But ML instead apologises to MC
    ML leads MC to continue walking until the turn a corner
    Lo and behind is a very magnificent, brightly shining temple
    MC described that it even looked like a wonderland , though it was a bit out of place because it's at the centre(?) of a district in the ghost city ....anyways
    ML simply says that the reason why he had sent so many lanterns was because he was bored and could spare the effort

MC's relieved because he was worried that ML has built this temple and sent all those lanterns for him. He notes that this temple was such a splendid building, it couldn't have been built recently right??

ML: of course not. I built it long ago and hadn't had any use for it, so I hid it and never let anyone come here before
    MC figures that with ML's character, he probably built this temple ages back for the fun of it
    ML invites MC into the temple to take a look
    Walking inside, there's no statue, no kneeling cushions which MC's pleased to note
    ML's excuse is that this temple was a rush job and things are quite sloppily arranged
    There isn't even a plaque hung outside
    Even though the name of the temple was engraved meticulously along with some jade flowers and plants on the floor, there's no board hung up

When MC asks why, ML laughingly admits that he's not literate and can't write.
    Then he says that it's be more wonderful if MC could write something to hang it up
    MC says in return that he's like for ML to help him with writing
    ML: (wide eyes) Me?
    MC: En.
    ML: (pointing to self) really want me to write?
    MC: (realising something) Perhaps Young Third has something you're awkward about?
    ML: Not that I have anything to be embarrassed about, but...
    When MC continues to stare even as ML trails off, ML relents, warning MC that he's not good at writing at all
    MC can't imagine ML being bad at it (lol), and asks ML to write something for him to see
    ML asks once more,"really want me to write?"
    MC puts a brush into ML's hands, taking a few sheets of paper and placing it before him, "Go on."
    ML: "fine but you're not allowed to laugh"
    MC:"naturally"
    As ML writes, MC's at the side looking over and the more he watches, the more his expression changes unpredictably
    MC truly does try his best to endure but he still slips a giggle
    ML: Ge ge.
    MC: (immediately returns to a stern face) My bad.
    ML's writing is near illegible and MC can't help finding the idea that ML, the ghost lord that many deities fear, has this type of handwriting

MC: En.There is a lot of personality, an individual form. Has 'style'.

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers by @kly <3 (sends lots of ice cream , cookies and hugs <3)

MC comforts ML, "In fact, writing isn't what's difficult. Writing that expresses individual 'style' is what's difficult. If it was only good to look at, then for all the neat writings, once you've seen one, you've seen them all. That would be a downfall. Young Third's approach is very good. It was the style of an expert, imbued with a majestic and daring spirit
    ML:Is that true?
    MC: When have I ever lied to you?

ML: (slowly sticking a few more incense sticks into the pot) I really do want to write well. Just that there's no one to teach me. Don't know that there's any secrets to this.

"It's not like there's some secret behind this, but..." Muttering, MC pondered for a moment and having nothing to say, moved closer, raising the pen in his own hand to write two lines of poetry beside ML's 'words'. Smoothly before looking over carefully shortly, MC sighs whilst smiling, "I'm ashamed. I haven't had any opportunities to write for so long. It doesn't compare to the past."
    ML fixed his gaze at the four lines, observing how they're as different as night and day to each other. The words, both having different styles. Most of all, the phrase that MC has written. ML reads the lines over and over, gaze lingering with great relish. ML: seeking advice?
    MC:I don't dare to give advice.
    Instead, MC discusses the basics with ML, not holding back in the least, teaching ML all the things he's learnt back when he'd been learning to write himself.
    MC earnestly explains while ML listens devotedly.

anyways, MC prompts ML try writing again, when ML does so, MC noticed that the way ML holds the pen is horrible
    Realising the source of ML's struggle, MC sets out to fix ML's grip

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  14. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers by @kly <3

MC suddenly noticed that his actions may be a bit too presumptuous since it's not like they're teacher/master and student/disciple

coughs but when MC thinks back to when ML had helped to "teach" MC how to correctly throw the gambling dice, MC while hesitating, doesn't withdraw his hand

So with MC's warm palms on ML's ice-cold hand, softly gripping and guiding the pen in ML's hand to the right pose, whispering, "Like this......"
    Feeling the pen's path in ML's hand going crazy lol, he faintly exerted a bit of force to return the pen back to the correct path.
    Needless to say, MC soon feels the pen going on a crazy path again, and unable to control it again, MC had to grip tighter.

The two, cooperating in writing, bending and twisting, MC couldn't bear to look when the more he wrote, the more he felt something wasn't right. MC:This......
    ML, seemingly succeeded in making mischief, let out a low laugh.
    The inky chaos on the paper, MC helplessly admonished, "Young Third......Don't be like this. Properly learn, properly write."
    ML: oh.

Just one look, and you could tell ML was only feigning to be serious. MC could only shake his head, not sure whether to laugh or cry.
    Not bothering to force ML's hand anymore, MC looks away.
    His gaze falls upon a tiny tiny solitary flower on a jade table in the corner.

Eep. That's the end of ch97 lol

15. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    800 years in fact. If there is one more novel I cannot imaging how hard the ml will be...

Mrinmoye, Aeli, Ami and 2 others like this.
  16. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calm down... I felt sorry for the author but these kind of people turn up in EVERY POPULAR NOVEL (Heaven's Blessing not as popular as FOD but ranked 6 in website already), so please don't let yourself be affected. It doesn't worth it.

17. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, quick question. There is a tag for this thread "xuanyuan", what does that mean? The only thing come up in my mind is an ancient Chinese emperor, but I think this is not related to the tag. Please tell me if somebody understand the tag...

scriptor likes this.
  18. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know >.< ....I dont remember adding this tag *flies away*

scriptor likes this.
  19. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably someone had a typo and meant to write 'xuanhuan.'

cici and alexfilia like this.
  20. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. That makes sense now! So is it still possible to correct that?