Spoiler As the Minor and Gay Love Rival in Het Novels

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Sep 21, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry @winter-t but your rec list is awesome Q.Q ....one shouldnt cassually look through it orz

so for all the fans of wear the face of the devil

pokes

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    .....damnit, more to go read

3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh my godh!!!!! You're killing me here (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

Misaki Yata, Shizun, kly and 3 others like this.
  4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    This one sounds like its super fun!!!!!

Boinkers, kly and Novel otaku desu like this.
  5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    You're so fast, I just started this yesterday haha~

Something that pleasantly surprised me was that MC and ML's relationship isn't actually established in the 1st arc, as in, they didn't even date. It seems like it's going to be ML trying to slowly woo MC across worlds while MC tries to prevent ML from making him go ooc/off script and thus getting his pay docked.

It has a different kind of feel b/c the other two multiple transmigration novels I've read have both been MC trying to screw up the set plotline, but this time, MC's the one trying to diligently follow the set plotline while ML (who's been the female protag's main love interest so far) refuses to follow his script to get together with the female protag b/c he's in love w/ MC.

Also, the 1st two arcs both ended w/ a chapter from another character's pov, and they were both so sad. I don't know if this trend will continue, but I was definitely not expecting it when the feels hit. And sometimes, this kind of feels summary-ish b/c it mostly follows MC's pov, and being a minor character, he doesn't really have a lot of scenes relevant to original plotline, so there's a lot of 'x months later' and 'x years later' time skips. I personally prefer more world-building, but I guess with multiple transmigration type stories, this is pretty common.

6. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, some tragedy? I dunno if my heart can take it but I really wanna read. Thanks for the spoilers, you're the best!

Boinkers, kly and Novel otaku desu like this.
  7. NerdExpress

NerdExpress 『Shem's Kouhai』,『Nerdy』,『Saving The World』

Reading List:
    Link
    *Quietly clicks "Watch Thread" button and slowly disappears into darkness*

8. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think about the roles MC plays, tragedy is kind of inevitable since in mary-sue stories, the gay guy w/ a crush on the main male lead is definitely not going to get a happy ending. And as a good employee who diligently follows the original plot, MC's ending fate is definitely not a happy one. But then ML starts to deviate from the script, so MC's sad endings also start deviating...

9. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does the ML follow the mc around (and how does he recognise him?)

Heungbo, Blood A, Misaki Yata and 4 others like this.
  10. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    ML's also a 'character substitute' (idk what's the best translation rip) like MC, but he's a much higher level one with a lot more freedom. The specifics of how he manages to follow MC around isn't explained yet, but he has admin-esque powers so he knows where MC goes and which roles MC's set to play.

ML's usually works in higher worlds but for a yet unknown reason, his memories were sealed and he went to play the male lead in a lower world where he met MC. They were childhood friends and ML fell in love w/ MC, but they had a falling out after MC followed the script and turned "evil" trying to harm the female protag. Their story was honestly really tragic, the kind w/ misunderstandings and a "fate that can't be changed", and reading that chapter from ML's pov was really heartbreaking.

After ML finally found out that MC died (it was years after MC's death), the shock caused him to unlock his memories of being a 'character substitute'. He regretted alienating MC to the point of not even knowing when MC died, and realized much too late how he really loved MC. Of course, he found out that MC's also a 'character substitute' and he started to chase after MC so that this time, he can properly treasure, protect, and love MC. MC's his first love~

But sadly, where I'm at right now, MC's still in the denial stage and his feelings for ML haven't quite reached love yet. His #1 priority is completing his job and getting paid, which means he can't accept ML's changing of the plot to chase after him instead of the female protag. MC's been doing fine for thousands of years w/o any hiccups until ML came along, so it's definitely understandable that MC'd choose his job over ML (until he eventually gets won over, though idk when that'll be).

EDIT: ML's actually a god who's skipping out on work lol...

11. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    omo this sound so interesting *going to read right away*

alexfilia, kly, readerz and 1 other person like this.
  12. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: @winter-t This is beginning to sound familiar...Does MC also have his own system?
    I recall a novel I read a little with a similar premise as this.
    In the first world arc, it was set in modern times and so was the world after, but by the third world, the setting was in ancient times? The fourth being in a cultivation setting with MC being the shizun and ML being his disciple?? That's as far as I read for that novel, but I'm not too sure if this and that are the same:notlikeblob:

:aww:Thank you so much for the rec and spoilers!!:blobpeek:

13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, MC has a System, and I think it probably is the same novel you read.

14. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody have a link to the raws?

15. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    im reading at here, but sometime danmeila did not put extra (if there's any), so you can also try here, or here

16. Nokiyoh

Nokiyoh {The one with Collarbone fetish}

Reading List:
    Link
    How about mc character like is he super genius like the mc from quickly wear the face of devil or cold/indifferent/expressionless/ cute????

Edit: I'm talking about mc/ML selling point

Misaki Yata likes this.
  17. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    need more spoilers especially each arcs! please

18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know about selling point, but I'll write what I currently know about MC and ML's true identities.

MC is currently surrounded in mysteries. He has amazing acting skills and has been doing character substitutions for thousands of years in the lower worlds, which has been mentioned to be very strange b/c he should long have been promoted but wasn't.

One of the characters hinted that MC is this super, super evil devil that was the King of the Silver Screen while he was still alive, but when another asked MC for confirmation, MC didn't seem to remember. MC's been compared to a white snowflake, white b/c he's forgotten what 'color' he's suppose to be.

As for ML, he's been called the 'main god'. There's not that much info about the behind-the-scenes of the whole character substitute job, but ML's apparently skipping out on work. When his head subordinate came looking for him, I think it was hinted that there's a coup d'etat in the works(?), but ML didn't seem to care and gave everyone a vacation instead. For now, he's working hard on slowly wearing MC down into accepting him, sometimes outright shamelessly.

I'll give a brief description of the world/setting for what I've read so far.

This is where MC and ML met for the first time and the arc I've talked about in previous posts. ML was in love w/ MC but due to their falling out, when MC got cancer and tried calling ML to say goodbye, ML never picked up. Apparently ML never heard anything about MC's death although he logically should have (everyone else thought he knew) b/c there was a huge funeral and news reportings everywhere.

The shock of MC's death + the realization that something had been preventing him from finding out about MC's death unlocked his memories. He had thought MC was lying about being sick, hence ignoring MC's calls, and if he knew it was real, there was no way he would have followed the original script and let MC die alone in a hospital.

This one pretty much ended accurately as the script said it should go even though ML was in love w/ MC. I call it Arc 0 b/c this novel jumps straight to MC dying in the hospital, and we only find out the specifics in the chapter from ML's pov at the end of Arc 2.

MC and ML are adopted brothers unrelated by blood. MC was suppose to bully the heroine when ML brings her home b/c he's in love w/ ML, and after he confesses, ML sends him to a mental institution where he commits suicide on the day of ML's wedding. However, due to butterfly effects of MC's small, seemingly unimportant actions + ML's soul being in control instead of the original host, the plot completely derailed.

ML unlocks his memories only towards the end of the arc when MC gets attacked by his classmate that's in love w/ him. ML saves MC and drags him home before confessing. In his panic, MC commits suicide ahead of time b/c he really didn't know how to save the plot at that point (aka why did ML turn gay??) and could only die in as similar a way as possible in hopes of at least getting some points for staying accurate to his character.

ML is the king of the silver screen and MC's his manager. This time, ML has his memories from get-go, and having the precedent of MC 'running away' in the last world, in this one, he mostly stays accurate to the plot w/ some minor deviations lest MC runs away again. MC is super paranoid b/c he doesn't want to screw up and get his pay docked by accidentally turning ML gay again, but due to ML's actions, the plot still deviates.

ML saves MC from getting run over by a car, purposely using the 'inflict injuries on oneself to win the enemy's trust' from the 36 strategems to get MC to willingly stay w/ him instead of following the script. Basically, ML gets heavily injured (he could have avoided it) and MC feels really guilty and grateful, so he tolerates ML's affections and agrees to stay w/ ML.

Even though they were together, they didn't go all the way up until MC's natural death b/c MC's still adamantly straight and ML knows he can't push MC too hard. A lot of kissing, heavy petting, and "embarrassing" punishments in bed were implied though.

This one's set in an ancient China world where ML's a prince and MC's an unfavored, illegitimate son sent as a spy to ML's place. This is the one where MC really starts suspecting ML's identity b/c ML feels really familiar and has the same habit of slightly deviating from the script. MC takes advantage of a part of the plot where he gets captured and tortured to force ML into revealing himself, and ML does. ML makes it clear that he's pursuing MC, and offers a 'one question one kiss' deal, which MC rejects.

ML was suppose to kill MC w/ poison, which obviously wasn't going to happen, so MC lies/manipulates things behind ML's back and ends up dying in the same timeframe as in the script, minus ML's direct influence. MC's still trying to run away from ML so he can properly do his job w/o interference.

This is a higher world, and MC was only able to come here b/c it's the every 500 year exam and he had a choice beyond his usual lower world only missions. MC is ML's master, though this time, ML hid himself very well so MC thought that ML didn't follow him to this world until he almost died and ML came to save him. It's during this almost death experience (facing his inner demons) that he realized he probably likes ML a lot more than he's willing to admit.

After ML saves MC and asks (for about the bajillionth time) if he can have MC, MC surprisingly agrees and their first time happens offscreen (the author's notes say the sex scene is on their weibo, though I didn't read it b/c I don't have a weibo account). Even though MC has accepted ML now, he's still pretty adamant in rejecting ML's advances later b/c he needs time to accept the physical aspect plus the fact that he's not that straight after all.

This is also the world where ML's subordinate came looking for him b/c ML and a Boss (that was suppose to die along w/ MC) were close to killing each other way ahead of time and way off script, and it's when MC found out that ML's a god. The Boss is actually also a character substitute, and the guy who was in love w/ and tried to attack MC in Arc 1 but then got k.o'd by ML.

The Boss chased MC to this world, and absolutely hates ML. ML's subordinate seems to like the Boss, and it was during their convo that MC's "real" identity was hinted at. MC and ML made a deal to meet in the next world, so MC still dies as per script b/c this is his exam and he wants to pass.

Due to doing reasonably well on his exam, MC's now able to take missions in some middle worlds too. This time, MC's a doctor and ML is surprisingly not the male lead of the original plot, but the male lead's older brother instead. And that's all I know about this arc for now b/c I'm only 1 chapter in. I'll update this later when I finish the arc.

Sara0jan, Nyaa.23, juanexbi and 60 others like this.
  19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    kyaaa <3 ...thank you so much for all those spoilers! *hugs* <3

What was the ml's reaction everytime the mc died?

And the one who hates the ml is the mc's subordinate?

michoux, nastrutium and nixxara like this.
  20. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time MC dies, ML feels a really powerful pain in his chest. In Arc 1, he was really shocked b/c he didn't expect MC to do what he did, though other than Arc 3 where MC went to die behind his back, in Arc 2 and 4 he knew and expected MC's death.

The one who hates ML is a character substitute in the Boss category. Arc 1 was suppose to be a novel w/ two acts, and he's the one who was suppose to be the final boss in act 2. But since the plot deviated, the world was destroyed and that guy's soul was picked up by chance to become a character substitute since he had the aptitude for playing antagonist bosses.

MC has no subordinates, he's at the bottom of the ladder. Sorry if my wording was confusing, I changed it to make it more clear now.

Bella94, Heungbo, maya_sov and 22 others like this.