LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Rattling the World! ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

2. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash arc is over

3. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While the arc did feel like it was being stretched out quite through the repetitiveness and the lack of real substance in the chapters, I do agree with the translator when they said that it was an arc used mainly for character introductions (afterall it was a transitional arc). I can certainly see several of the characters coming into play later on in the story. That said, the author could have certainly written things better, but hey, more characters = more money, so I can see why he would want to stretch out the content.

Also, next arc is probably one of my favourites! It's going to be great!

4. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aww.. karma has to be severed, he didn't change the fate for Su :/

5. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    This Lu Ting is being nasty...

6. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate how this MC overreact to everything, he is always shocked.

7. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you saw a white hoof-ed, purple horse walking on water, I'd like to see you keep your calm :p

8. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be pegasus... That "Nii-san!" Saint Seiya parody in Gintama is just.... I always remember that part

9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Seeing people write comments like these make me kind of surprised. I mean, haven't they thought about the idea that in MC's past life, they had to go through some tragic things, or MC acted like a dick to them (cause he was still in that emo phase), and he's simply trying to make it up to them in this life? I mean, we've already been shown precedent in this series, with how MC treats his mother, and wanting to please her.

missycin and Nef-i like this.
  10. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    don't really get where he thinks having a bunch of young masters show up and take slots from the talented commoners instead of having gone to the camp they were supposed to still equates to having even more useful people bein trained. the young masters probably could have gotten training anyway, while competition at the other 2 camps of young masters wouldn't be quite as fierce, but the slightly weaker commoners are now getting shafted and may now have to wait to try next recruitment period or just forgo it altogether. so that could potentially reduce the amount of useful people getting trained and make the situation worse rather than better.

11. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I reply or explanation of author about of this topic:cautious:, other camp number deduced and this camp became bigger or your saying is happend:blobfearful:

12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    more or less. if we go based on a quota system, where there's a specific number of slots available (which at least some of trainers/teachers seemed to have adopted), then having all these young masters come over would push out the slightly less able commoners in the current camp so that maybe only half of the prospective geniuses wang chong expected were even able to get their slots. then, because of all the people moving over to follow him, less capable or qualified young masters would take the "newly" available slots in the others camps that would have been left open by the people that had changed where they went compared to the previous timeline.

so, rather than getting more talented people, these changes could have just pushed out some of the more useful commoners and given some of the more useless young masters a slot instead. that's not to say the results of this change will definitely be detrimental, but that wang chong's way of thinking that these results are better than before is potentially flawed. there's also the increased possibility of oppression or injury due to the influx of uppity young masters entering the camp, rather than being almost exclusively commoners or those without any sort of backing.

missycin and Nef-i like this.
  13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. The whole point of the MC being nice to women, is cause he lived through it once, and regretted it. So now he's doing his best to make up for it 2nd time around. Also are you saying as a mid 15-16 year old you weren't afraid of your mom going nuts on you? If you ever had a close sister or female cousin who could "tease" you to death?

I swear a lot of people who make these comments are being super ignorant of 1) the Story 2) Chinese Culture 3) normal life for most people.

CodeZero likes this.
  14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow interesting instructor....

16 years old students and hes releasing tigers to train them? He must've watched 300 .....

jodezaca likes this.
  15. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realised how silly his way of teaching is. I mean, I get the message that he wants to impart, but that's no reason to throw his students into the deep end during their first night under him. Like, imagine all the geniuses or people with potential whom were killed through the harsh methods like that. They should slowly build up the necessary skills that they'd require.

But then again, it's also possible that due to the high number of students/attendees, they thought it'd be fine if they used such extreme methods to filter out the less capable students.

16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can just imagine it...

I'm pretty sure whomever can survive his teaching methods would be a godly general, but then again, if he's just passing 1/100 students and the rest are dead.... I wouldn't even want to touch his class with a 100 foot pole...

And I wouldn't call this teaching method... hell I can release any tiger to a classroom and call those who survives are my strong students.

17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention the potential enemies that could be made as a result of this. Are they not worried about rebellions or betrayals by the students who had to suffer through that type of training, or the families of those who had perished as a result? They probably should have put more thought into it, lol.

justmehere likes this.
  18. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These last few chapters have greatly dampened my enthusiasm for the story. I can accept some exaggeration here and there, and I can understand the author trying to make combat exciting, but things have gone past the ridiculous and into the ludicrous. I find this story interesting because it progressed like the author was trying to add a bit of the supernatural to a historical framework. People were stronger, weapons sharper, and skills a little more magical, but it was grounded in a relatable reality.

That no longer really feels like the case. A master archer launches 80 arrows per second? Seriously? From thousands of meters away with pinpoint accuracy? That's 4800 arrows per minute. The fastest single-barrelled machine gun in existence can manage 3000 rpm, and it would melt down if that rate was sustained for any length of time. And where do they keep all these arrows? Each archer must have a few wagons trailing behind him wherever he goes to keep him supplied for a minute or two. I can grant a long-distance shot—stronger people can lead to stronger bows, so I can bend my reality to accept that much. But the rest is just stupid, like how those arrows, when arced high, somehow come down with enough force to smash through roofs and pierce through the floor. Seriously, do the shafts weigh several tons?

I accept that the laws of physics are often toyed with in stories, and that's fine. It can be fun, even. But when it's done so in a way that just suggests ignorance, laziness, and carelessness with plot, it gets old.

It just feels like the silly exaggeration and power-creep that infects far too many of these web novels. Everything must be HUGE and AMAZINGLY MASSIVE to what...impress the reader? A kingdom is a million kilometers across? People can chat and fight each other when a thousand Li apart? A forgettable, minor city has three billion people? Yeah...it's like the stories are trying to compensate for something. Lack of good plot, maybe?

Whew. Okay, I'm done for now.

/end rant

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  19. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it'd be better if you think of this series as another xianxia, but with a more historical context/backdrop, rather than the other way around. It'd be a lot easier to think about and accept that way.

If you continue on with the idea that the series is just another xianxia, then this becomes readily acceptable. Just think of it as the archer inputting their qi into the arrows, hence the destructive force.

20. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, I know...I'm not surprised by the developments at all, just disappointed.