Help me win Class representative

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ibzahmed, Sep 26, 2017.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    All that vote for me get pizza and pepsi/coke on me. All who don't are not invited to the party.

2. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That make me hate you even more.
    <takes screenshot>
    <posts link to 4chan to dox your sorry ass>

No regrets. : }

3. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, isnt Class Rep is actualy euphimism of Teacher's Dog.... it isnt worth to do it just to make urself looks good...

4. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want your cv to be look better, you could join the Student Executive Council, or something similar like that. Don't give them a false promise, just tell them what you can do, but make it sounds like you're great. I prefer honesty rather than profit anyway :blobpopcorn:, lies will only bring me trouble sooner or later

5. Drakolous Maxima

Drakolous Maxima 《一条龙》

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy, use the marketing concepts:
    Price: What they need to do for you (vote for you)
    Product: You'll be good at what you do
    Place: In this class and school
    Promotion: Appeal to all the riajuus and get popularity on your side

6. Saxumsium

Saxumsium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about you being good, it's about the other guy being bad. Dig some dirt on him an spread it around.

7. Ibzahmed

Ibzahmed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have some dirt on my rival Hmm I could do that if It looks like I'm losing.

8. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    You only need to be the most handsome and popular. Easy win.

9. Ibzahmed

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait! won't that make me the villain? or am I the Anti-Hero type?

10. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget that unlike politicians your classmates can reach you anytime;)

11. Saxumsium

Saxumsium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like the antagonist to the hero type, but in the real world, so you'll win

12. EvilMc

EvilMc 『Reformed』

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch house of cards

Kevin spacey is very helpful

And bribe no ... Grease a couple of wheels if you have to

13. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Most people have fewer friends than average. This is because a few will be superconnected, while many will only have a few connections.

Make a map of who is friends with whom in your class, and talk to the most 'connected' peeps in your class, and bribe them with things such as not marking them late n other privileges you can offer as class rep, maybe even give them some free stuff(e.g. 'if I become class pres, I promise 2 give you $20'). [$20 not much over time] These connected peeps won't really care most like, but will be tiltable with enough incentives.

Invest big in them, and get them too speak out for you before the vote happens, as their words will certainly reach more people, which will be more impactful than trying to bribe everyone in class with less (N/3 rather than N/30).

Of course, while they are speaking out for you too the masses, you should also spare some time too speak too the disenfranchised, those with few connections in the network.

These guys will be tiltable really easily if you give them some face and act nice and offer 'nice promises', as they won't really have much of a preference being 'outsiders' in the class. Maybe print out a set of cards, buy a packet of sweets, and hand out ur card with a funny slogan like 'make class 2C great again 2017' with some sweets 2 these guys, before the vote happens.

The rest, you just gotta prep and look decent and suited for the role.

Ibzahmed likes this.
  14. Ibzahmed

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh I was thinking of handing out gum. But your way seems a little complicated also election happens tomorrow lol.

15. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    You ask for a way, but also say later that the election is tomorrow. That puts to waste many of the schemes.

I assume, you will have a chance to speak tomorrow then, before election.

1. Wear sharp/bright attention seeking colors and combinations, just search them on google, an example is the color yellow. Make sure you are dressed super well.
    2. When you are giving speech, make sure to be interactive with your audience and be funny. By interactive I mean, you just have to make them nod their head when you ask for their say, for eg 'I suppose all of you know me, my name is Albert, here now you know me right? If you are a human and you know me, please nod your head, thank you'. Just say shit to make them nod their head, and relate jokes in that shit to make them laugh. At the end, say 'You vote for me (while pointing finger), nod your head if you are human...1..2..3). [There is psychology principles in play here, one is that a few initial agreements from your target will make it easier to get the agreement from him on something that really matters. Two is, people forget promises or what you said, I am sure many people will speak tomorrow and audience wont remember everything, but they will remember the feeling they got when they heard them, in your case, they were really happy and laughing)
    3. Another psychology principle in play should be the play at reciprocal of gifts, no matter how small a gift, people will want to reciprocate it, those that know this trick abuse it because when people reciprocate it isnt equal to gifts. For eg the Hari Krishna sect by handing on free roses sold their scriptures who felt obligated to reciprocate, these people would throw the rose and the book at the nearest dust bin, and hari krishna sect member would collect it and put it in process again. So you buy really cheap gifts, bubble gums are a good idea since they last too and say 'This is a gift to you from me, whether you vote for me or not, but I will ask of you to vote me'

mir likes this.
  16. Ibzahmed

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah that actually seems feasible I'm going to write this down and get ready for tomorrow.

Tramsloof likes this.
  17. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one is use the word 'because' a lot. What comes after that can be shit, for eg 'vote for me because I want to be the representative of the class'

This too is related to psychology.

A 1989 study by Harvard social psychologist Ellen Langer to demonstrate how one of these automatic weapons work

: A well-known principle of human behavior says that when we ask someone to do us a favor we will be more successful if we provide a reason. People simply like to have reasons for what they do.

Langer demonstrated this unsurprising fact by asking a small favor of people waiting in line to use a library copying machine: Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the Xerox machine because I’m in a rush? The effectiveness of this request-plus-reason was nearly total: Ninety-four percent of those asked let her skip ahead of them in line.

Compare this success rate to the results when she made the request only: Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the Xerox machine? Under those circumstances, only 60 percent of those asked complied.

At first glance, it appears that the crucial difference between the two requests was the additional information provided by the words, “because I’m in a rush.” But a third type of request tried by Langer showed that this was not the case. It seems that it was not the whole series of words, but the first one, “because,” that made the difference. Instead of including a real reason for compliance, Langer’s third type of request used the word “because” and then, adding nothing new, merely restated the obvious: Excuse me, I have five pages. May I use the Xerox machine because I have to make some copies? The result was that once again nearly all (93 percent) agreed, even though no real reason, no new information, was added to justify their compliance. I think these results are stunning.

The implication is that we may be able to add power to our own messages by simply including the word “because” in the text. So, for example, statements like these:

I am strong and healthy, and I feel great.

Now that I read fast I get to learn anything I want.

I have enough time to do everything that’s important. Might be 50% more effective if I write them like this:

I feel great because I’m strong and healthy.

I get to learn anything I want to because I read fast.

I have time for everything important because there is enough time.

So in short you just have to fill in the blanks with whatever shit that comes to your mind,

Vote for me BECAUSE I feel I am up for the task
    Vote for me because I care
    vote for me because you look good
    and so on and so forth.

mir likes this.
  18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ibzahmed
    Only thing I have to add, is that in my highschool, it was always the ones with the funniest / most engaging speeches that won.