Should I move out already?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jersanxx1, Sep 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Living own your own is very expensive. And living with roommates is another set of problems.

Anyway, before you commit to moving out, you really need to see if you can afford it. Find out how much is rent for your area. Take a look at your parent's utility bills (electric, gas, water). How much would you need for a month's worth of food? Will you buy Renter's insurance? Do you have car payments? Student loans? Will you need to buy furniture?

Like how much will it all cost if your parents won't be helping you out? Unless your parents are well to do, it's unlikely that they would want to double their expenses just so your siblings don't bother you.

And do you have any savings in case the fridge suddenly dies or if the toilet springs a leak?

2. DubZer0

DubZer0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No you shouldn't move out. Why? You're still a child. For such an important, life-altering decision, you didn't calmy look at the facts, do some research (rent in your area, commute, future aspects) you posted your question to an anonymous board so that other people could tell you how to live your life.

3. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    If the job is stable and you really think that it's past your final line, then sure, move out. But you've got to consider your injury if it's to the extent of only moving your left arm and leg. I don't know, if you think you can manage by yourself even with such disability then I say go for it. Ask a friend or someone if they want to move out with you. That'll be cool and helpful in transitioning.

4. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always move in with your friends?

5. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say moving out won't be wrong, but...
    1. Calm down and think about it again.
    If you really had enough, then move out

2. You have to consider the cost of moving
    If you rent, that is one thing, but you also have to get someone to help you move (b/c of the accident you mentioned)

6. sobimask

sobimask For honour and oppai

Reading List:
    Link
    If u think u can live independently then why not? Parents are gonna scold their children for lots of things ,small or big. In their eyes we r still kid..so its very stressful. If u move its not like ur gonna break off all relation wit your parents rite? Ur an adult.

7. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to point it out first.
    The Accident is related to this >>Thread<<
    Also, It's not the point it'll hinder my daily completely, It's just a little difficult to move around.

Secondly, The blame play is already at that a little mistake will great scold me to the point that they belittling me as an individual(I not even there to begin with when that[mistake] happened).

8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Spread your wings and fly~ your gonna have to move out one day anyway, might as well take this chance and study up how to live alone

isekaishousetsu likes this.
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    But it doesn't change the fact that it will hinder you here and there and it adds up as everything now has to be done by you alone. As I suggested, experiment with moving out by doing so temporarily.

Have you tried bringing up this point to them? Sometimes things can be sorted out if you bring things up from a different perspective, aka make them understand not by blaming them or the like but explain it to them like you would to a 3rd party.

jersanxx1 likes this.