What is better IOS OR ANDROID!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Oblivion, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah thanks for that fix. I must've forget the USB they used on s3. s4 perhaps ? i forgot when they start using USB-C

2. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a genius on our hands, folks!

The question is how much do we have to overpay for it, though.

3. gwendaal

gwendaal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both are lame Android will have more stability issues over time, iOS is just unfriendly MoneyGram device.

4. Kid Kayor

Kid Kayor The Cake is Fake, The Pie is a Lie

Reading List:
    Link
    Android is King.

5. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who cares?i believe that that phone has signal on the peak of Mount Everest!!
    it's worth it!!!!

6. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    USB-C apperead like last year?so starting from this year it was used?anyway,i heard it's faster...

7. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    used both, stuck with android for better performance and more apps.

8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. I should mention that the iPhone 6S was the last good iPhone. Getting rid of the headphone jack makes me mad, and I will probably not touch another iPhone until I get my hands on a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

I also somehow managed to crash the settings app among many others. So...I'd probably break an Android just by using it for more than a day. My luck with technology is just that bad.

9. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    well most problems with android can be fixed by flashing it with a fresh software copy, unless you got crappy silicon luck with motherboard then it's out of your hand.

10. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    that thing can shatter a meteor to pieces while still functioning properly. Huh too bad the dinosaur didnt invent it.... they could have survive

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    isekaishousetsu likes this.
  11. Lipozen

Lipozen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end my thoughts always boil down to this IOS is more simple and user friendly but Android allows you to do more if you know what you're doing

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Android is better since it gives you more control and does not revolve around one company. If in the future something happens to Apple, all your stuff become useless. Android while primarily around Google is open source and can be forked to continue on (like Amazon did with Kindle). It also offers more options and uses standard usb.

You can also root on Android without any loss of security or stability. On iOS it is a pain and fairly insecure.

Nope. Early on Android and iOS were not certified for corporate use (no hardware encryption and no policies). Now it doesn't matter. Even BB went with Android now.

There is no indicator that Apple has better security. Actually quite the opposite. iOS tends to have poorer security since well they are only one company. Android while primarily made by Google being open source gets patches and analyzed by forensics experts for security. Apple on the other hand has been known for sweeping things under the rug, at once point one developer reported a major issue and Apple banned him for doing so.

The issue with Apple is they care more about the PR of security rather than the security itself. Hence why things take months to even years to fix vulnerabilities until it gets any headlines.

There is not much difference between Android and iOS in terms of simplicity. Both have about same level of usability for new users. Android just has the options to do more stuff if need be.

13. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, then people just simply don’t like making viruses for Apple products! Otherwise my iPad would be dead by now.

14. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Never tried Android before... so I guess IOS? I'm not disappointed in it.

15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you know there is no virus on your ipad right now? Since apple doesn't actually give you any tools to check, for all you know you could be leaking your personal info left and right.

The confusion with the whole virus thing is that Android has multiple versions. There is Google Android and there is AOSP Android. The default settings of Android are pretty secure and OEMs can make it even more secure via policies and settings. The issue comes down to AOSP Android in China. The Chinese OEMS literally open up their Android versions and load up their virus ridden appstores.

But if you use Google Android vs iOS, the security is relatively same. And if you have a properly configured Android for security it can be even more secure than iOS by far.

Though it is true that there are more people targeting Android since it has far far more users. But when looking at overall data, there is no indicator that you get any more security out of iOS. Unless you plan to sideload apps instead of getting them from Google Play. (but that is you consciously giving up your security)

Fossil, LadyBlue and isekaishousetsu like this.
  16. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Android.
    Since Android phones is way more cheaper, and the excess money could go to pay house mortgage or to buy new LNs.

Who cares about style, exclusivity, security, or whatever Apple tagline now.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently "security", because facial recognition.

Edit: Though, if you can at least keep your Android phone up-to-date, that'd be swell.

18. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    @isekaishousetsu Could you fix that quote you made. It sorta says I said something when you were quoting someone else entirely.

19. isekaishousetsu

isekaishousetsu Karakuri Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I'm using a phone so I might have messed up.

20. Akaeye

Akaeye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This comparison is only fair if you compare the best Android phone because you are comparing the best phone "only phone" the iso uses, if you want to compare older ones then do that, but the andoid phone you use for comparison should be the best one in that time period. Don't compare 900 dollar iPhone with a 100 dollar andoid phone made by some unknown company.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017