LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The part about destroying the gate I agree, but the effect of radiation on demons is totaly unknow. They may even get somthing good out of it like mutating to absorb it or something like that, after all demons can evolve on their own at a fast pace (as race) and are a race with various sub-types

2. aptop6

aptop6 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also read at lnmtl

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhmmmm, ... yeah, about that one...

I had to stop coz my doctor noticed I started to talk like Yoda.....

4. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    being able to understand MTL is a skill, you can start your own translation blog by fishing for MTL and fixing it up.

5. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    What the hell with Echo evolution!!
    I like it

6. jodezaca

jodezaca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's great

7. BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Echo just created a domain!

8. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna happen but I would have Echo sing about advanced technological world and take some equipment from it.

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is a good song for Echo:

"I am the bone of my sword
      Steel is my body and fire is my blood
      I have created over a thousand blades
      Unknown to death
      Nor known to life
      Have withstood pain to create many weapons
      Yet those hands will never hold anything
      So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Most likely, the amount of physical objects that can pass from the illusionary world to the real world is limited by magic power. So even if it does happen, it won't be able to be taken back.

That said this ability is pretty OP for war, you can for example sing a song about the enemy leader fleeing and creating an illusion that would instantly destroy the morale of the opposing army while increasing morale of your own. There is no way every solider has a God Stone. You can even make an army fight itself.

jmj1011995 and ZhaWarudo like this.
  10. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    Just making a song of your own army wining will be enough to both increase your own army morale and sink the other.
    It will be also more general so the song will affect both soldiers an the geneals.
    Is more easy to inderstand so it will be more hard to find out is a illusion, the effect will last more time.
    Even if they figure it out the felling of being in the lossing side will continue as long as the song keep goin on.
    A master plan, the only problem would be if the demons could still feel the effect with only the melody, as they have another language

11. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    My worry about doing your suggestion is that the illusion is based on how closely you are related to it. Roland's army which has always won so far would be hit by the illusion the hardest, in comparison, the enemy army if it is made up of knights may not have lost often enough to to be influenced by the illusion and pill users are not privy to battle to understand many of such circumstances. Aka, doing so, Roland might be sending his army on a suicide no different than the pill (minus the pain). They may not even notice them being attacked as the illusion clouds their vision. Aka to dangerous.

Instead it is better off targeting things people are more familiar with like:
    1) Noble running away from the fight and using others as his shield (both knights and commoners know this well)
    2) The pill users and knights betraying each other (They had little trust with each other to begin with, making them fight each other should be cake)

12. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depressing. Not about the last chapter, but the one of before it. Something with like "Town Renovation XX" name. I felt like It's not interesting anymore. Roland way of adding new technologies is too smooth, too non-challenging. Like xianxia, only without battles. He decides to build something - he builds it without an issue. Stuff doesn't blew up. People don't fear abrupt changes. Witches are far too convenient.

On the other side, battles (of all types, including political ones) are surprisingly fresh for Chinese novels. They are not about powerhouses fighting while armies and all other people waiting aside completely useless in fact. I do see how Roland only gives his people means to fight, but not is winning every battle on his own.

So right now RTW has two sides for me. One, which actually contain the actual plot, I'm eager to continue to read through, and other was good but not anymore because of its repetitiveness. What you think?
    I placed this novel to my waiting list for now. Maybe in month I would feel better about it.

13. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a simple song "rain of bullets" would easily wipe out all the enemies that hears the tune.
    bullets are tiny, so it'll take very little magic power to produce.

even if they disappear in the end, the damage would've already been dealt, either mentally or physically.

sadly Roland's world isn't familiar with the "jaws" bgm, otherwise it would've been a fun scream-fest.

14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice Anthem for echo to sing

Surprisingly, some of the words are true, like trying to shove drugs to the people by the church and nobles ....

15. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    You just noticed a smooth ride recently? It has always been the case. Overall though there aren't much kingdom building novels, especially as good as RTW. So while it has its issues, its difference makes it more bearable/interesting then others that are all the same.

They would actually have to know what a bullet is though.

We also don't know if person's A illusion has any influence on person B. So even if his army materializes the bullets, they may not actually have any momentum. It can give you infinite ammo cheat I guess.

16. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the problem there is not that Roland dont have any problem, but that the everytime a problem appear, its put aside untill he find the solution, in this case the story lose all the tension that the problem could have bringed, or that the problem is passed to some random subordinate, in what case the problem is resolved without process being showed much, like what happened when the acid pruduction that was a problem that was carried by a pretty long time, but have almost no tension in the story exept for when the alchemist almost die in a explosion, and this was only for Roland carring Nana to the laboratory

This will be very interesting if they could do it.
    First they will need to test if there thing that the illusion made are real inside of the illusion and latter most of they dissapear or if the real part is fixed and the rest are inded illusions.

17. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course I noticed it early, I just only now has a thought "Boring, don't want to read this chapter".

18. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats easy, just send in a battalion along with Echo, literally shooting while Echo sings bullet hell.
    the longer the shooting lasts, the more terrorizing Echo's song becomes, because they don't know which is the illusion and which is real.

19. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    But they don't know what is killing them is bullets. They are too fast for the human eye. So again the influence would be minimum.

20. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree, Echo's song power seems to be a form of dreamland.
    or in other words, its like a hypnotism spell that can pull you into dreamland.
    and theres a certain probability of pulling stuffs from the dreamland.

on that note, it is quite likely that said dreamland is real, whatever happens in it actually happens.
    e.g. you die when you get killed inside the dreamland.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017