Discussion What TJSS has to say about male pervertness

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be specific, I'm quoting Tang Jia San Shao's work on Heavenly Jewel Change.
    Do read cause I would like to see your opinions about it.

Due to the difference in physiological structure and setup, men’s interest and thirst for sexual relations was a lot stronger than women’s. In general, as long as they saw someone beautiful from the opposite opposite gender, it would spark interest in them. This was not a shift in love or emotions, just their base nature. Just like most men would wish they could have several wives or concubines, when they saw a beautiful lady, thoughts or dreams would be sparked in their minds… it was inevitable.

Yet, as for most women, this was not the same, as they were usually loyal and faithful for life. That was because their own requirement for sex was lower than men, with a greater need for emotional dependence. Of course, there were always some exceptions, but usually once a woman truly loved a man, it was for good. This was also the same reason why many women could not understand why a man would be so philandering, and they would call this physiologically induced phenomenon ‘being perverted’.

So....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    What do you have to say about that?
    I find it interesting to see this kind of content in TJSS's works.

To the readers that want to know, it's from chapter 97.2
    Anyways. Will continue reading HJC right now. Is fun from 1-97 and it has not been boring yet. Will return later to check back on this thread.

Oh and yes. I do realize this is using the setting and belief of old China eras. TJSS works are known for that after all. It might or might not be his true belief, but the knowledge is shared.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Slayerwolfx2 and Fossil like this.
  2. LightOrNot

LightOrNot Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... the part about men, isn't that what has generally always been considered the truth?
    Men have a drive to spread their seed as widely as possible.

Can't comment on the part about women, that bit seems pulled from his ass or somewhere.

IGM likes this.
  3. Rakiin

Rakiin Pokemon Slave Trader

Reading List:
    Link
    bullshit

"A study from late 2016 suggests that men are somewhat more likely to cheat than women. According to the Associated Press and the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 22% of men say that they've cheated on their significant other at least once during their marriage, and 14% of wives admit to straying."

22 vs 14%
    isn't that big.

4. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    If only a female existed online, we could ask for her opinion on this.

5. LightOrNot

LightOrNot Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad this is the internet where: Men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

6. Random_Insultor

Random_Insultor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't overcomplicate that!
    It's just that everybody want to be the Alpha..

7. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    harem... oh... harem...

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more an ancient China thing than necessarily something he believes.

9. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    reminds me of the controversy in china when a soap oprea had a female character not be a virgin so he broke up with her and that caused a argument over how outdated china's gender policies are

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't particularly read that novel, but from the sound of things he is equating humans below that of even monkeys. While we do have our base natures, even then it gets complicated.

To say those kind of generalizations is a bit silly.

11. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the way that guy writes his stories his take on romantic relationships shouldn't be taken seriously. "Yet, as for most women, this was not the same, as they were usually loyal and faithful for life." If only it was that simple. Anyone might cheat, be careful with your trust

12. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm a woman! (At least last time I checked) Ask me all your lady questions!

I think there is some truth in what he said (about men), but I don't know if the same goes for women. The thing about women having less sex drive and being more faithful... I don't know about that. Woman are actually just as horny as men -- it's just less socially acceptable to share that.

Edit:
    Looking at some studies on The Google, here's some interesting tidbits:

Men are more likely to be upset by sexual infidelity, while women are more likely to be upset by emotional infidelity.

Early studies said men were more likely to cheat than women, but some say that those were inaccurate. One study says 60% of men and 45% of women will cheat at some point in their marriage. Even if the male percentage is higher, that's still a LOT of female cheaters -- and we don't know if it's that less woman WANT to cheat, or if it's just that females are more socially pressured not to cheat.

Other studies say that women are just as likely to cheat equally as much as men (not more than though).

One site said male cheaters tend to want sex with no strings attached, and female cheaters tend to look for an emotional connection to accompany sex.

Some studies suggest that women are equally as horny as men (or close), and women may actually be more open to polyamory than men.

So in conclusion -- TJSS is partially correct about some things, but the stuff about women being less sexual and more faithful for life is more of his opinion about women than actual fact.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    IGM likes this.
  13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    women are as horny as men...probably. It is just that in the present society, thoughout their life, they are preconditioned to follow the virtues once you are married. So, it will take a really hot guy or a really bad husband for something out of the ordinary to happen.

14. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well,it's unfortunate that it's true.
    Like, a woman gives birth every 9 months at most..but a man may have a child everyday=)))

15. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say it's correct but doesn't apply to society in the current year of 2 0 1 7.

16. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, simply untrue. It doesnt take an extreme in any direction. It only needs an unloyal person, which isnt rare by any means

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  17. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW~! people at nuf have some profound views towards this subject huh....
    I don't know at others but I am pretty loyal.

Slayerwolfx2 and juniorjawz like this.
  18. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    We should ask from other authors like Mars Gravity and Fenglin Tianxia about Male pervertness. They may give us unique answers.

I can guess Mars Gravities though from his monologues.
    "I write about girl harems because most of the time people wont even give a fuck about how many men are there in the story. then the amount of girls the hero has fucked."

19. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You did not mention Yandere and the evolved "depraved yandere"

20. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its pretty save to say that most chinese webnovel authors express their personal (fantasy-)view on relationships in the way they write their stories. Also, on a more serious topic, if you are not a loyal person refrain from entering a relationship please, thank you.

BarriaKarl likes this.