Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peony

Peony Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Peony focused on something, nothing (it really did mean nothing) would distract her. Not those random exploding insects, nor the cawing of some individuals and not even the random grunts of pain attracted her attention. Oh there is no need to worry for her safety though! She had already scattered some flower petals around the perimeter of The Pottery with Windy's help, so no enemy would live to tell the tail...eh tale...the tale where they tried to attack a poor defenseless little girl immersed in her pottery making...things.

"Hmm...this just doesn't look right for some reason. Potter Potter makes it look so easy..." She stares at her lump of clay and decides to give up. It wasn't in her range of expertise so there was no chance she could perfect her pot in the limited time she had. Peony had wanted to create a sturdy pot to plant her flowers in but it seems it wasn't the time to do something like this. She didn't want to let this opportunity go, especially since she rarely visited the inner sector of the Recreational District without someone to guide her...to be honest she thinks they only guided her to make sure she didn't plant anymore of those snap- well no one needs to know about those either. She planted them anyway. It is always better safe than sorry, she couldn't visit this district everyday so having some safeguards was reasonable right?

Growls erupt from just down the road and echoes through the side alleys. Cries of outrage and surprise follow before the sound of gulping cuts them off.

"I think...I may have gone overboard...slightly...overboard..."

The pink haired Florist gives her lump of clay on last sad look before going to wash the excess off her arms.

"I should get rid of those flowers too...too dangerous and they turned carnivorous...a good Florist doesn't let her plants get out of hand!" She stomps her foot unhappily and takes out shears from her pouch. It seems the next thing on her list of things to do is...pruning.

A few minutes later a pink haired girl comes out from an alleyway with a gigantic pair of scissors in one hand and a disgusted look on her face. She is covered in feathers and other questionable substances...so questionable she decides it is time to take a bath.

"Potter Potter wouldn't mind if I used the workers bathroom right? I helped defend his plot of land! It's the least he can do."

She nods firmly at her decision and runs back towards The Pottery to take a bath. Sighs of content emit from The Pottery with the occasional squeal from those green and black things curious enough to try and cross the boundary line.

"Baths...are...so...relaxing..."

Seeing Peony drowsily nod off into dreamland, Windy sighs lightly and decides to float above the roof to stand guard. She missed the others but knew if she left, Peony would forget about her motivation to help. Perhaps a little rest is long overdue for those who constantly fought, not that Windy felt tired...but everyone else...the day had just started but the scent of decay and blood already drenched the streets and filled the air. If Windy didn't occasionally let out a sigh it would have soaked into the area they were currently residing in.

It didn't sit well with her that Peony had decided to join the Guild. She had already decided on a peaceful life so why the sudden motivation? She did not know the answer and did not want to know. If they could protect and stay by this flowers side, it is all that mattered.

{Aeternus Recreational District, The Pottery. Aeternus airship support 10/10 flock of birds 4/5}

2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ---[Residential District - Aeternus - Leeanne Pov]---​
    I rushed from house to house, healing anyone I could find but in the end, only finding the remnants of people I could have saved If Only I had arrived earlier! A voice called out "H-Help", But when I rushed to the place where I heard it, the house where I heard the voice from blew up.

My heart rate starts increasing and I was becoming more out of breath as I ran from injured to dead, There were times where I thought I was seriously gonna blow up. Though there was just one stray thought that I kept in my mind, even though I could die at any time. Was all of this, worth it? I trash the thought as soon as it surfaces but I can't remove it from causing me to doubt what I'm doing is the correct choice.

I heal another person when I spot Rhialla jumping around, I yell out to warn her "Miss, Please Leave, This place is--GYAHH!" as I was trying to warn the person, I spotted a flock of ravens in the distance and pale instantly, We-We're all going to die, I'm going to die! The person I was healing earlier had already fled without me, and I---

Remember the Dao of the Peach
    The soul is a peach
    Peach is the soul
    Death is, Just the start of a new peach tree
    I can't believe I almost forgot in the dao, I-I will face the enemy now!
    at the same time I said that, A raven was fast approaching that I got surprised and threw the peach I had in my hand at it, causing it to veer off course and causing both of them to crash into a small fire, resulting in a strangely peachy smelling explosion.
    I gained insight into the peach Dao of fire!
    For wherever peachfire may be, It's everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
    I gulp my last remaining Rejuvenation Potion and step forward to face my---
    "Oink Oink~ Oinker Oinkers!" (I'm here too~ Don't ever forget that!)
    "Sorry Mister Sniffers, I kept on forgetting you were here~"
    "Oink! Oink Oink Oink Oink!" (Yep, Time for Me to kick some ass!)
    I rushed ahead and was promptly gang attacked by a part of the flock that was chasing a small group of stragglers
    The last thought before I fell unconscious waa my lamentation for not being able to save them, So I prayed, Strangely, when I prayed, the image of Hikari appeared in my head and I prayed to hear, sacrificing the first peach I ever created. "Please, let everyone be safe."

I dreamed
    One day I was in the backyard
    and I was missing my parents
    Stupid mom and dad~ leaving me alone to housesit grampa again
    I was bored, So I tried to replicate what I saw gramps doing one time
    creating a peach
    It was just, so incredible to the young me
    I tried and tried
    sweat and tears went into it
    finally, I created it
    It was pink and
    I laughed hard, It was as hard as stone
    Not edible!
    When I noticed it, my parents had came back and laughed at what I held
    I laughed along
    I decided then, Irrationally, that the peach was the one that allowed my parents to come back to me.

---[POV - Mr.Sniffles - Aeternus - Residential District]---
    I snorted in disappointment as I start dragging food source's limp body to hide somewhere safe
    Even though I had gained I's many lifetimes worth of combat experience by being here
    What? It's not every day I get to meet prey that willingly meets I in confrontation
    And the Current I doesn't have to hide that much from predators
    Since a bunch of strange minded adventurers was taking care of I's predators

I started thinking about how useful this food source was
    I licked it's blood a little
    "Eh~ Mr.Sniffles~ your cleaning my wounds? thank yo--"
    She fell asleep again
    I saw what she did
    She distracted a part of the sky creatures to save some weak Bi-pedals
    again
    what a useless food provider
    *loitors around the residential district looking for any stray prey*

[OOC: Flock of birds [5/5]]​

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

“Hahaha! You get what you deserve, damn birds!” (Kuma)

Seeing the gryphons being shot down one after another, I laughed wholeheartedly and killed the ones left behind.

[Hey, Kuma!] (Mirea)

“I told you to stop calling me like that already….!” (Kuma)

Being called from one of the airships by Mirea, I flew down in the deck and left the unkilled gryphons behind.

As I arrived in the deck full of other adventurers, a figure appeared from one of the cabins of the ship. A man using a navy blue staff attire, with a tired and annoyed look at his face.

When he showed up, the nearby adventurers started to gasp.

“T-the Quartermaster’s assistant!?”

“W-what is he doing here?!”

Quartermaster’s assistant? What? Is that big of a deal? Besides, I don’t know if they’re talking seriously or what, but he’s just…

[Alfonse, what are you doing here?] (Mirea)

“Annoying fieldwork, what else? You, Kuma. I have orders to watch you.” (Alfonse)

“Huh? Why? And whom gave it?” (Kuma)

“That’s classified info. Just don’t make any fuss. I want this to be a relaxing and fun travel to everyone.” (Alfonse)

“That’s okay.” I smiled bitterly before something popped in my mind. “I feel that I’m forgetting about something...”

Well, shouldn’t be much important.

---------------- Side Maligno ----------------

I arrived at the docks, where Kuma was supposed to be but…

“Kuma...?”

The only thing there were the Silverguard running to the Teleportation Gates. With a sigh of resignation, I decided to follow them. At least I could keep my head busy with battle.

As soon as we arrived at Verdant, we were able to see the gargantuan monster surging from the Dark Mist covering the forest.

I could sense many dots of life force fighting down there, but the ones I could feel more clearly were the ones with holy attribute. Maybe it was because I am who I am. But that wasn’t the important part now.

With the arrival of the Giant Dragon, the dark dots started to converge at the holy dots. In a few moments, at least a dozen of the holy dots disappeared completely.

“Fuck… they’re falling like flies!” (Kuma)

“What are falling?" (Alfonse)

Alfonse asked curiously by my side.

“I don’t know why, but those monsters seem to be targeting the holy attribute users down there… We need to get them out of there.” (Kuma)

“It’ll get a bit complicated to get them out if they’re really flocking the holy users...” (Alfonse)

Ah, another three lights disappeared just now! We have no time to be talking!

“I’m going!” (Kuma)

“No you’re not!” (Alfonse)

[I’m going too.] (Mirea)

“You both, stay in the ship.” (Alfonse)

We both ignored his words and jumped from the ship, flying. We could see some other adventurers wanting to do the same, but Alfonse hit the floor of the deck with his foot, making the airship shake, knocking down them.

“Mirea, take care of the big ones and the try to distract the Big One as much as you can! I’ll take care of rescuing.” (Kuma)

[Acknowledged. Ellengarde - Dragon Form.] (Mirea)

Mirea turned into a metal blob mid air, rearranging her body into a winged Large Lizard. She wasn’t that big, though. I think maybe she could be considered a lesser dragon at least, by the size.

[Forge Arsenal.] (Mirea)

She used her ability to turn her body in a forge to raise her body heat and cover herself in flames.

“Good. Help anyone you can, I’ll be off!” (Kuma)

Not minding how she would proceed from there, I dived inside the Black Mist where a person with holy power was. As I entered the mist, I could feel my strength being robbed forcefully and being transferred to the Giant Dragon. This means that I can’t stay much here.

Picking up the guy with priest attires, I jumped back at the sky and dragged him to rescue another one.

After having both hands busy, I would go to the back lines, drop them and go back to save more.

OOC: Alfonse was sent by the staff to watch over Kuma, but his efforts were to naught!
    With the arrival of the Boss, many monsters are targeting the holy users first!
    A really hot (about 1500ºC hot) Mirea descends in the battle! Beware, the flames burn allies too.

At Verdant (Kuma, Mirea), and at Aeternus (Maligno).

4. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Sanie POV: Temple>​

Sanie safely arrives at the Temple together with the Alcea and the civilians in the Residential area. She guided them and made sure everything is in order.

"Excuse me! I know how to use healing magic I can help assists the wounded." Sanie raises her hand at the clinic. She was recognized as Jin's follower so she ends up assisting the civilians and healing the wounds. She uses mana to activate mending while health potion from the alchemy she learned as she exhausted her mana. She busily assisted the people.

<Presia POV: Maintenance Area>

Presia notices a large flock of ravens heading to the Maintenace Area. She was busy flinging fireballs to the corrupted goblins and snakes. And wind attack with her fan towards the flying ravens and spiders.

"We should hurry to mister Tene side, Samuel!!" Presia increases her pace as she leaped forward while killing monsters.

As they are close to the maintenance area.
    They see a door forcibly opened, Presia eyes widen as she sees soul signature closely resembling Tene's soul.
    Presia immediately embraces the core on her chest while crying, "Sir Tene please wake up are you okay! Can you hear me!"

Presia is devastated as she sees Tene at that state. But she quickly immediately wipes her tears.

"Samuel I'll take care of Mister Tene for now. Maybe someone in the maintenance Area can help." Presia full of determination rushes again to the maintenance.

"Someone please help me!!!" Presia shouted as she hugs Tene's core in desperation as she enters the maintenance area.

<Lavri POV: Area: Aeternus Teleport gates>

"This is..." Lavri expression is grim as he saw the view.

"What happened!?" Flyx shouted as he sees the destruction while Iris was following him drowsily.

The sentinels made defensive line protecting against the Half-Orcs horde which is going to the Teleport gates.

"Bernard will be suited to this battle since he's a long range." Flyx sighed as he prepared his violin and play a battle song to support the guards.

Flyx started playing a [Spell Song]

[SPELLSONG is used: All allies in the area will increase their fighting spirit, Mana regeneration increases, Stamina regeneration increases, Small Recovery is applied to all allies]​

Lavri wields his new weapon the [Great Phantom Claws] which was given to him by Jin. He rushes forward and leaped to over the shield as he tries to attack the half-orcs.

"Hey, young Kobold!!" A guard holding shield suddenly called upon Lavri. "The Half-orcs are only controlled don't kill them!!"

Lavri looks behind and nodded. Since it was the case, he applied a paralysis potion to his weapon from Sanie produce during her alchemy study with Alcea. The claw concealed his presence, silent and yet deadly like a ghost.

He swiftly went forward and aim to the half-orc body grazing them. The paralysis slowly takes effect as the half-orc falls to the ground unconscious. He then proceeds to rush forwards to the other half-orc rendering their movement.

While Iris quietly follows as he drags the unconscious half-orcs and places them in a safe corner. Piling them up, on top of each other.

"Tche...." Lavri quickly moves back as thunder falls towards him. It seems like a strong silver guard is fighting the frontlines. As a melee Lavri should be conscious, luckily he have experience and skills from his past life.

"Let's save as many as we can." Lavri rushes again to paralyze the half-orcs and let Iris gather them into a safety.

OOC: Reinforcements!! My followers finally arrived!! well not Bernard his wounded.
    [Sanie: Temple healing civilians]
    [Presia with Tene asking for help in the maintenance area] @Quaesitor
    [Lavri saving the controlled half-orcs by paralyzing unable to move in the Aeternus Gate]

Kuma Desu, Quaesitor, Nurman and 5 others like this.
  5. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    Moving along the rooftops at speed, Rhialla saw the air support stop as the Ravens and Gryphons began raining down their attacks upon the numerous districts.
    That's just great! That's just what we need! Civilians who still need to be evacuated, the air support finishing, and to top it all off, a frighteningly full flock of enemies is heading here!
    Yeah, this is not fun at all...
    This one feels remorse over the current situation...
    Wika is having fun~! We are helping people and having a party~!
    Fifna, Telva...keep Darva away from Wika from now on...
    ...Yeah...Eternal Daughter doesn't have to ask This one twice...
    This one confirms Eternal Daughter's command...
    Eh? Did Wika say something wrong?
    Wika, my little Wika...
    ???

Yes...we are helping people...
    Yay~!
    *sigh*

Resuming her mission, Rhialla redoubled her efforts to eradicate the ground hostiles before the airborne enemies arrived. Seeing that she had about half of the Residential District left to evacuate, she sighed before flying into the air using wind magic.
    "I really didn't want to have to do this, but I seem to have little choice in the matter..."
    Rhialla's body began to glow a warm reddish colour, as an image of a giant Red Rose bud appeared behind her. She looked to the sky, then the streets below her, then narrowed her eyes...
    "Let's see you learn why I have been known as the Red Rose~!"
    Rhialla started dancing in the air as the rose behind her began slowly opening up. Slowly, serenely, calmly, gracefully, she danced, her body emitting a glow that soothed the soul to look upon it.
    "Many think that this is plant magic, and they're not entirely wrong with that...but...my nature magic is the largest factor in it~"
    She smiled as her dancing stopped, her body holding a beautiful pose as the large opened flower disappeared to be replaced by a single red rose in her hand.

Elf sorceress.jpg
    Her dress changed to look like red rose petals, and the flower shone in her hand.
    "Didn't anyone ever tell you that roses may be pretty, but beware of their thorns~?"
    She raised her hand holding the rose up high and released a burst of light. Soon afterwards, the sky was filled with rose petals that sliced apart all the nearby enemies, healed the wounds of the injured civilians, and put to sleep the Half-Orcs. Within about five minutes the streets fell silent as the civilians looked up and stared in shock and awe.
    "So...beautiful..." One civilian muttered.
    "As pretty as a Red Rose..."
    *giggles~*
    Looking pleased with herself, she floated back down as the rose faded from view. Using the wind, she sent a message to all the civilians in the Residential District:
    "This is Rhialla from the Adventurer's Guild, Rank E~! If you are able to, please make your way to the Temple where you will be safe from these creatures~!The petals attached to you will keep you safe until you reach the Temple~! I have already secured a safe path there, you need only follow the petals in the wind~! Go~! Now~!"
    After her announcement, the petals started moving towards the Temple, and the civilians followed in haste.
    Phew~ Made it in time~ Now to rest for a bit...
    She collapsed on the ground and fell asleep.

6. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, Hikari, you're here?" Razogul seeing Hikari feels a bit relieved. However, he sees the palace become a dragon. Showing it's true form to them.

"You've got to be kidding me...the palace was a dragon!? This seems pretty important to know in the first place!" Razogul screams at this unfortunate event. "No time to waste...what are those orange blobs?"

As he says this, the dragons presence hits Razogul, causing an immense fear to run away.

"No...must...not...run!" Saying this slowly, he unleashes all of his power, enshrouding himself in darkness. Using his will in conjecture to negate it.

"If I run away from this, then it'd just destroy the surroundings! I don't know what those orange blobs are...but usually they're weak points! Only one way to find out." Razogul jumps towards the dragon at an immense speed towards one of the orange blobs.

Seeing an insignificant human try to attack it, the dragon gathers up acid in it's mouth and unleashes it towards him. Quickly arriving in front of him.

Razogul shouts out, "Barrier!" A magic barrier appears in front of him and collides with the acid. However, the acid starts quickly eating away at the barrier.

"Get out of my way!" Shouting, he aims his hand forward and fires a dark beam through the acid, getting rid of it.

Arriving near one of those orange blobs, Razogul stabs his sword onto the side and cuts through it. Not to little strength nor too much. However, a human appears out of the blob as it slides out.

"...What is this? Why are living beings inside these orange blobs?" Thinking about this, he comes to the conclusion that the rest of the blobs have people in them.

Razogul sees another orange blob and cuts it the same way, releasing another person. The dragon breathes more acid into the air, not a liquid as it was before.

"This is bad!" Razogul heads down with the 2 people he freed and puts them down. Looking to the side, Razogul sees Jin rampaging around and killing monsters.

"WAKE UP!" He teleports to him and starts smacking him awake.

------
    Verdant Forest
    OOC: @JinVodka @brasca123

Nurman, NiQuinn, AliceShiki and 4 others like this.
  7. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    “Are you really alright?” (Alberon)

“...” (Girl)

The always silent girl only nodded lightly as she carried three persons, on in each arm and one at her back, without many problems. I myself was only able to carry a pair of kids with both my arms and Amanda was carrying an old lady.

As we had arrived at the temple, we left them to the care of the people there. It’s a bit regretful, but I’m unable to use healing magic. Well, I should also be unable to cast magic due to my low mana, but here am I…

“What will we do now, Alby~” (Amanda)

“Well, the optimal would be to stay here, where is safe, but...” (Alberon)

“...” (Girl)

“It’s not like we can help, anyway.” (Amanda)

She smiled warmly and looked over to the sky filled with some few flocks of ravens with a distant look. Suddenly, her belly growled. She looked flustered for a moment, letting out an ‘Eh?’ kind of confused sound.

“Ah… Sorry~ I just didn’t ate anything in four months~ So I’m probably a bit hungry~” (Amanda)

“Four months isn’t a bit, Amanda! Not a bit at all! How didn’t you starved?” (Alberon)

“Well, I could simply supply myself with the basic nutrients with mana~ So I didn’t died… but I miss the taste of food~” (Amanda)

“No wonder...” (Alberon)

“Does a raven taste good?” (Amanda)

“Hm… Maybe? I never had raven before.”

The girl with wolf ears listened to our chit-chatting with a blank face and tilted her head. I don’t know if she’s listening properly to us, but for some reason she was following us around, and catched up with most situations quite quickly, so she was a good help.

“Is she hungry too~?” (Amanda)

“Do I look like a specialist in kids? If she doesn’t speaks, I won’t be able figure her out.”

While we were occupied with idle talks, thunders started showering the battlefield near the Gates. It seems something big is brewing up. While at it, looking from there, a huge amount of ravens were flying from the north, the Residential District, to the south part, the Maintenance District. They were numerous enough to dye the sky black, as if the night had arrived earlier.

“It seems it’s an all you can eat there.” (Alberon)

“Alby, you want to go to the thunders, right~?” (Amanda)

On the mark, huh? In fact, my satchel was already letting out some sparks… I should learn how to control more my emotions as they are somehow linked to ‘that’, but precisely because I’m linked to ‘that’ that I’m unable to do much, mainly in front of something like a thunder rain.

“I won’t let it rage about, don’t worry.” (Alberon)

“Holding back is not good~” (Amanda)

“And giving in to your emotions is also no good...” (Alberon)

“Well, I’m off now~” (Amanda)

“.... do what you want, just don’t cause problems...” (Alberon)

Leaving the temple, Amanda headed north to help with the incoming crows. I was left behind with the probably mute puppy girl.

Putting my hand on my satchel, I took out a book. It wasn’t neither a thick, nor a thin book. It was a quite newly made one, with still white colored pages. The book’s cover had the words ‘Fictus Liones’ engraved in it, and it was letting out small electric currents.

Flipping through the pages, though, you could see rather unusual red-colored texts, since in the lack of ink, Amanda wrote with her own blood. Flipping back to the first page, the words ‘Tome I - Storm King’ could be seen in the top of the page.

Sighing, I put the book back at my satchel and looked over to the thunder rain again.

“Not today...” (Alberon)

Turning to the small girl, I simply said “Can you help me get there?” before she went with her usual exclamation “Hup!” and picked me up in a princess carry. Although it wasn’t quite comfortable, it was better than running there by myself.

[OOC] The flock arrived... they're coming in the Residential Area > Central Area > Maintenance Area direction, so it's better to take them down before they arrive in the end destination... I guess...

8. Peony

Peony Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Windy...that black mass seems rather formidable. So let's head there!" Peony points towards the north side of The Pottery and charges forth. She nimbly jumps over the green and black things without a backwards glance, her enthusiasm and motivation has come back after a nice hot bath.

The wind elemental follows closely behind and surrounds the pink haired florist to push her towards the black mass. When they arrive at the border between the recreational and residential districts, Windy stops Peony in her tracks. She points towards the black mass and flaps her arms.

"Oh Ravens?"

A chain of explosions set off just as she voices her thoughts. Peony grumbles about the mess as she brushes off the dust from her dress.

"I just had a bath too..." She sighs sadly and tries to think up a plan but nothing comes to mind. The scent of roses finds her and Peony looks towards the source. She sees a few civilians with roses petals on them heading towards the Temple. The sight makes her want to stop them on the road but that wouldn't be safe...questioning people should take place in a safe environment!

Just as she turns to follow those civilians, squawks of anger fill the air again and the black mass become even more bigger than before.

"But...roses! I want to know about those roses!" Peony is torn about which way to go but reluctantly makes up her mind to walk closer to the black mass of ravens. She kicks a rock in sadness at a missed opportunity to collect more samples.

"Ouch! Okay bad idea! Come on then Windy! I think I have a plan!" She grins cheekily at Windy and leaps into the wind elemental's arms.

"Away we go!" Peony stares at the black mass as they go closer to it and then pats Windy on the arm. "Fly above them and then drop me!"

Windy is exasperated at the request but goes to comply with her request, it wasn't the first nor would it be the last time this pink haired flower asked for something so...odd. She really was going to continue down this path then, it didn't bring any less danger than their previous-

"Now Windy!"

Her chain of thoughts is broken as she releases Peony down into the ravens. No time for reminiscing, they had some ravens to knock out.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Peony screams out from above the ravens which alerts them but it's not enough time for them to escape her bombardment.

"For motervation or sumthing ike dat!"

A cloud of black dust forms air above the central district and the scent of lilies fill the air, just before the dust settles down on the tops of the building a gust of wind fiercely blows them away towards the airport. What happened to those who touched it was out of her hands now. But at least it wasn't toxic! It really wasn't toxic!

Wait. Windy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atch meeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Omph...ah I knew I can count on you. I think I should go restock my supplies though...I didn't think flying at high altitudes to dump flowers on the enemy was on the agenda when I left the house today."

Windy ignores her and lands near the outskirts of the Temple and pushes Peony towards the doors.

"You want me to rest? But I haven't done anything yet! I already rested!" She stomps her foot but is ignored again as Windy ushers her in. She gestures with her hands and mines picking flowers.

"Oh I got it! You'll get more from the storeroom! I'll leave it to you then Windy!" Peony gives Windy a thumbs up and turns around to enter the Temple. Just as she runs forward to see if there is anyone that needed her help, she smacks into someone that grabs her in his arms.

"Girl! You are alive!"

"Oh Farmer Pete! You're alive too!" Peony tries wriggling out of his hold but gives up after a few tries. "So what do you need?"

He sighs fondly and carries her like a doll towards the back corner of the Temple. Farmer Pete shakes her gently and shows her the people lying injured on the ground.

"You can heal right?"

"I can? I mean, yes I can!" Peony nods enthusiastically, she is going to be useful!

Farmer Pete puts her down and goes to round up more of his fellow farmers. She caused too much trouble when alone. Especially with nothing to occupy her time.

{Aeternus - Temple. The flock of ravens above the Temple have been annihilated. The black dust really isn't poisonous!}

9. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paradise POV

A battle was breaking in? Good! I mean, bad! But still good!

Battle means corpses! Corpses means food!

But what are those raven flying around and exploding the people fighting!? I’ll eat this, you know?!

[Gen...] (Ara)

Calling for the Kobold Knight, he appeared from my shadow. I wonder, was he a knight or a ninja?!

Waving my hand, I opened a portal leading to the dungeon and brought Gen’s subordinates out of it. A group of ten, Gen included, wolf mounted kobolds with simple armor and steel weapons.

[I want you to gather all corpses and put them in large piles! I’ll be collecting them later!] (Ara)

The kobolds leave and I start to think about my future. This raid might be another jackpot to build the fifth floor, and even more. Maybe I should think about making something nice like a beach floor… maybe a onsen floor?

Well, in fact, for now I just want to eat!

Eris should be on the frontlines, so I’ll stay here and hunt down as many of those flying pests as I can.

Shooting some Light Spheres as I cursed at the ravens, I started to at least help around a bit. I should aim to the temple! I probably will able to help out there!

Eris POV

Being tall was annoying in Aeternus, and with a battle happening in there, I couldn’t help but think I was unfit for it.

For this reason I rushed to an airship as soon as the notice about the attack came out.

I don’t like closed space battles… I don’t like closed spaces in special…

I couldn’t even enter the Tavern to relax…

I just want to be free for a bit.

The maul in my hands is the key, and this forest the pathway, so I’ll just trample those moving trees that are standing in my way.

[OOC] Not as good as I wanted, but I'm a bit tired because of work...

10. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    After sleeping for about half an hour, Rhialla began to stir from her slumber, to find herself surrounded by a barrier of frozen earth.
    Ah...it seems I overexerted myself...
    Getting up from the ground, she surveyed the surroundings to hear silence, apart from the "Caw caw" of the Corrupted Ravens, and the *boom* *boom* of the Suicide Spiders.
    Ah...it seems I missed the arrival of the flock...
    Looking slightly dejected, she checked her inner mana pool to see how much she had regained, before calling upon her closest pact-spirit.
    Fifna, report on what I missed.
    Sure thing! So Eternal Daughter fell unconscious due to using up all the mana in the body, This one and it's siblings went back to the Spirit Realm to not drain Eternal Daughter's life force. Once Eternal Daughter had recovered enough mana again, Glacia worked in tandem with Telva to create a barrier to protect your Eternal Daughter as she slept. It has been half an hour since Eternal Daughter fell asleep, with the flock arriving about ten minutes later. Since Eternal Daughter had expended great effort in evacuating all of the civilians in the Residential District, no one came to any harm and the adventurer's have been able to solely focus on the flock. It seems that it won't be long before the flock reaches the Central Area, by then, they would be one district away from their goal. And that's pretty much it, Eternal Daughter!
    I see...thanks for the report...
    What's wrong?
    I was wondering...do you think I could use my technique again, only stronger?
    Hmmm...This one is not sure...This one gets worried when Eternal Daughter uses that spell too many times...it puts a tremendous strain on Eternal Daughter's body...

This one believes it to be appropriate, given the current predicament.
    Okay, I'll do it!
    She goes back into the air and repeats her actions once again, only this time the rose is larger. Petals dance in the air, slicing all of the birds up and killing their suicidal passengers. A large hole appears within the enemies' ranks and it gets larger and larger as more and more petals appear, multiplying and spreading a scent, making them all fall asleep as they are sliced into pieces.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Feeling her mana rapidly depleting from this massive AoE spell, she drank more Mana potions and added an effect on the petals, draining the enemies' life force and channeling it back to her, essentially fueling her spell so it lasted longer.
    *giggles~*
    She danced among the petals and giggled in glee as she came up with a funny thought.
    Glacia!
    Glacia responds!
    Freeze the petals to make them last longer~
    Glacia shall comply, Eternal Daughter!

Soon, the air grew cold as a blizzard soon covered the sky, freezing the petals and making them hard and sharper than before. Moving even faster than before, they pierced through many Ravens and Spiders, freezing them on contact before they shattered into tiny pieces.
    *giggles~*
    "Now this is what I call fun~! Let's dance till no one can stand~!"
    (^_^)
    She smiles gleefully as her spell kills hundreds upon hundreds of the black mass of enemies, never ending as they are brought to a halt, not being able to reach the Central District at all.

[Aeternus - Residential District, in the air dancing]

Kuma Desu and leegood like this.
  11. HELLiCOPter

HELLiCOPter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cat opens his eyes and looks at the body in his hands. He puts the body on the ground :
    -It was my fault. It was my fault . My fault ... fault ... fault
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! ..... ha ha haha HAHAHAHA!!! Eri is gone now it's time for Insanity.
    But then the red eyes disappeared and tears stood once more in the eyes of cat.
    - Go away , I know you trying to protect but step away -
    I left her body in the pumpkin.
    - I will come back I said to her.
    When i finally averted my gaze I saw them giant scope of damn birds. At least sky above the Temple is still clean. I looked at the town and inside I knew still many children that I need to save. No , - I said to myself .
    -Kitty lets go~!!! We need to save another ones ...
    I opened my eyes and saw her , but this was just a mirage. It was a boy who I have saved ...
    -Pumpkin sister wont be happy if we stay here... we need to save more.
    -Who?
    -Sister who lived inside pumpkin... Kind and very brave. I want to be like her.
    I patted the head of that small boy . I ate many broken daggers and other things which contained metal. I made a whole new pumpkin. Reiforced with steel and iron , also I became bigger CRITICAL MASS ON MAXIMUM. Normally I would have issues with contolling such body , but not now. My hide also became sturdier , I used many monsters components. I became a fast moving living fortress.
    - PumpKing Cat!!!
    -PumpKing Cat!!!
    I heard how civilians called me , but I ignored it. I need to save more lives , more ... maybe smiles of little humans will help to forget yours.
    -Lets go boy. We have lives to say...
    -Yep. He nodded.
    Ravens cant damage my armor , but I need to be careful and watch for .
    Imagine THIS but with armor:
    [​IMG]
    There is still more civilians , I made my face at the beggining to eat the bodies which I will find on my way. This transformation needs energy.
    -On the right. I see them.
    -Got it.
    - Choo choo fuckers!!! - I squashed many spiders who glued to my right side using the wall of the building.
    -Passengers inside became happy!!! - I stopped and opened my doors.
    -ALL ABORD!!!!!!-
    Civilians rushed inside , in this form I can save not only children -
    -Who can aim and shoot , use the weapons inside to keep spiders of me.
    -Roger. Yes PumpKing Cat!!!
    I ran back to the temple with the passengers... but I tripped because my legs were stuck. Spiders exploded underground , and made road unstable . My legs stuck.
    -HELP ME PLEASE ~ SOME ONE ~
    Situation !!! Critical. I am on half way to the temple. Armor will hold , but not the transformation.
    You can feed me so my transformation wont wear off.

12. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link

Although I started to save the ones I could, the monsters simply didn’t gave rest, hunting down the holy power users. That’s not enough… no time enough… I need to make time…

But if I consume too much Holy Power, Kuma may end up waking up, so I need to do in moderations. A diversion.

I went down again inside the Dark Mist and spread my wings. I started to radiate as much Holy Power as I could without interfering with Kuma.

I could feel that the Giant Dragon was consuming the Holy Power I was radiating through the mist, and also felt the monsters that were before targeting the other holy power users, now were targeting me.

That’s good. That’s the diversion I needed. I just hope they can evacuate the other ones before they die all.

OOC: 140 words.. welp... short post because I'm almost asleep.

leegood, Nurman, Carm and 1 other person like this.
  13. Carm

Carm Drip drop, when will time stop

Reading List:
    Link
    These, are a pain. Their bright wings will blind me sooner or later, but it's not like I can close my eyes, that would make me vulnerable, as well as would defeat my purpose as I would have trouble protecting the girl.
    I'm not skilled enough to sense where they are through vibrations, or sound, or from pure instincts.
    No I'm not. I'm just a simple man swinging a mace for a living, nothing more, nothing less.
    Besides, take my eyes off of the girl, off of them, and who knows what illusions they'll spin to confuse my mind. Actually, I think eyes is more adequate for this sentence. Probably. Who am I to judge, I'm going to die soon if I don't actually figure a way out of this predicament.
    Fun times I suppose.
    Doesn't help that these moths, I don't care what you call them, they're not butterflies in my book, I mean seriously, if they are attributed with moonlight, then you'd think of the night, and moths really only come out at night, butterflies don't really. Ah my rambling is getting me off track.
    It doesn't help that these moths are using their wings to blow their poisonous spores towards me whiling keeping a fair distance.
    Not to mention my escape routes are covered by treants who'll smash my body into pieces should I give them the chance, which I rather not. Honestly I'm completely baffled by how I can get myself out of this situation. There isn't any viable solutions that I can think of exactly at the moment. I'm a short distance fighter, my crossbow I had to leave behind, so I couldn't fight off those moths in the distance, the only method I can actually think of is to throw my mace, but that is suicidal in of itself.
    So little options, do I have any cloth on hand? My shirt? Yes I do.
    Survival tip, if you wish to keep sand and other small particles from invading your mouth and nose, wet a piece of cloth, and use that to cover your mouth and nose. This not only keeps things from entering your respiratory system, but also helps you cool off.
    Not quite sure why such a simple solution slipped my mind at first. Well that's how it usually it is. Because it's so simple, because it doesn't require that much thinking, people tend to look over such ideas, due to that fact.
    Well it's not like I wont be affected by the poisonous spores, they're poisonous which means that they take effect on you regardless of where it touches you, it's not like venom where it needs to be in your bloodstream (this is why if you get bitten by a venomous snake you suck out the venom and blood with your mouth, since it doesn't matter and you can digest it, though people might have cuts and scrapes in their mouths, so people often take swigs of alcohol to kill off the venom).
    Hopefully my body wont be too harshly affected by such poison, I think to myself as I charged into the fray. Ah right, now I know why it slipped my mind, it's because even if I take away the immediate threat of poison, there's still the fact that I can't see when I fight these moths.
    So what's the solution to this, just cover my eyes with the cloth. The moths are bright enough to make out their figures through the thin cloth, and I can somewhat see the girl's figure through the fabric.
    So I do what any rational person would do, and smash the moths as quickly as I can.
    Even if I can see her figure, it doesn't stop the fact that such acts as covering my eyes is dangerous, even if it's the only way to survive at the current moment.
    Huh you're wondering why wet the cloth? Wetting it helps traps particles that would otherwise somehow make it past your cloth, while not denying the passage of air. Simply put. Why bring it up now?
    Who knows.
    I simply brought my mace down as I thought such useless thoughts.

((Fun fact, 696 words, also the stuff I said above is pretty true, at least in my experience. Just uhh, a recommendation, even if you can swallow the snake venom, don't, just suck it out, the chug some alcohol, suck, the chug. Also also, make sure to use the wet cloth for people who are traveling in deserts, why else do you think cowboys are often depicted with bandannas across their face?))

Kuma Desu, leegood, Nurman and 2 others like this.
  14. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    In the middle of jumping from one branch to the next, I was startled as the black mist suddenly transformed into hands and started reaching for me. Years of discipline took root. Deftly taking out a talisman and a shikigami, I spoke a shorthand version of two mantras I had memorized since I was a young child.

Immediately, the shikigami flew toward the hands that were approaching me and dodged left. Instead of myself, the hands started targeting the shikigami allowing me to escape its clutches. It was a temporary reprieve. I made it so my essence resided in that piece of paper. Those hands will follow it as long as they can’t catch it.

As for the talisman, it was a fail safe. Once activated, it would produce a sheen of protective layer over my skin that would keep anything from influencing me. Or, in this case, it would keep those hands from doing anything to me. The catch was, it wouldn’t last long and I didn’t have a lot of those talismans to begin with.

These talismans of mine were readied in advance and as such, if I ran out too soon, I would be in danger. My mana aptitude had always been low though my sensitivity to it was high. The spell on the talisman was a heavy mana load. It wasn’t that I couldn’t do it without the talisman. It was just that, if I chanted the whole mantra for it, it would take too long and the mana consumption would be too high. At this kind of situation, that wasn’t ideal.

Clearly, I was running out of time wasn’t I? Something must have triggered the black mist to do this. It was too abrupt and it reeks of desperation. Frowning at the sudden turn of events, I quickened my pace.

“Ignis Fatuus, please guide me with the fastest route. We no longer have the luxury to hide away in the treetops.”

I could feel its hesitation but it did agree in the end. Dropping down from the treetops, I sprinted.

[OOC] Next post, I'll be at the Palace. My hand has been forced. Down to the dragon! eeeeep! >_< At least, survive as long as possible. Kill that damn thing!

Kuma Desu, leegood, Nurman and 3 others like this.
  15. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ezero was very busy carrying humans on Ezero's hands and shoulder. Carried all of them to the temple and receive thanks. Every step Ezero made created a loud thud. Continued running anyway back and front doing rescue mission to make Aime proud and pat Ezero.

Ezero noticed a large flock of blackbirds emitted a lot of radiation, enemies many of them. But Ezero's gun has no more bullet, can only beep sadly. No choice jumping and swatting will do. Body made of metal, so explosion had no effect.

Head nodded making a cracking sound. Ezero stretched body moving up and down. As Ezero see the flock of birds, leaped high above reach them with both hands.

SLAP!! BOOM!!! BAAM!!

Ezero made sound and tremor when hit the ground. A bit far from Temple. Glad no humans around easy to squash. Ezero better careful and slapped a lot of blackbirds.

Ezero was happily killed a lot of bad birds. Like what Ezero's mother do to mosquito, very happy. Suddenly....

I ran back to the temple with the passengers... but I tripped because my legs were stuck. Spiders exploded underground , and made road unstable . My legs stuck.
    -HELP ME PLEASE ~ SOME ONE ~
    Situation !!! Critical. I am on half way to the temple. Armor will hold , but not the transformation.
    You can feed me so my transformation wont wear off.​

Ezero heard a voice, sees a large kitty stuck. Feel bad hurriedly took the stuff made kitty stuck and carried kitty to temple. Ran fast making large tremor. Noticed the kitty was hungry, look around on the way. See carts one is full of fish while other is full of fruits. Ezero held the kitty in one hand while I took the two cart in Ezero's free hand.

Ezero took the cart and hand it to the kitty. Hope kitty will feel better.

[Ezero took down some raven and helped @HELLiCOPter ]

Kuma Desu, Carm, Nurman and 2 others like this.
  16. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    A significant amount of time had passed since I last left the Half Orcs in the hands of fellow Guild staff. They had taken one look at my baggage and promptly took it away before I could reach the Temple. Seeing that my hands were now free, I hug the tortoise a tighter and head towards the maintenance district. It seems the black cloud of ravens were being taken care of by some fellow adventurers, so it might be best to check on the situation at the gates.

"I wonder if it's still intact?" I shake those thoughts from my head and continue walking. My umbrella is being used for this battle instead of my fan because of its range. Sure I could throw my fan but I have a suspicion that the tortoise will shake because of the off chance I might accidentally throw her. It wasn't likely, mother would be horrified if I didn't have the discipline to know which was my weapon in a emergency.

"Those lessons are hard to forget..." I grimace slightly before spinning around to stab at the ground. I don't stop moving and twirl around every few meters before coming to a stop at the perimeter of the maintenance district.

The ground shudders slightly before collapsing to reveal over a dozen snakes under its surface. They wriggle in pain for a few seconds until they are no more. I pat the tortoise on her head and lift her up with my left hand.

"It's fine. They can't eat you now." I smile gently at her and leap up on top of a nearby building. A crash sounds from behind just as I reach the other side of the road.

My gaze hardens as I feel the presence behind me but I don't stop moving. It seems I needed to lead this woman on a merry chase then. Perhaps we should go to somewhere with less witnesses. I continue to leap across the roof tops with the serpent woman following from below. Luckily the civilians in this area had evacuated, perhaps she would be able to find a suitable place soon, roof tops certainly were not endless.

"Come down little girl!" Hissing follows this sentence and I frown. It is rather horrifying but not that bad it made me want to hide.

"Well you asked for it lady!" I jump down from above and point the tip of my umbrella at the serpent woman. She leans back and spits at me, I shift to the side before it hits but the scent that fills the air is so unpleasant I get distracted. This is the chance she needs to whack me away. I hit the side of the building with a thump, the impact causes me to lose my breath but other than that I am relatively fine.

"Heh. So. Useless. So. Easily. Defeated." Again hisses follow her sentence, I think it was to add to the affect of being half a snake...but it just seemed silly. I continued to lay on the ground with my eyes closed. The vibrations on the ground become louder as she moved closer.

Think Blanc, think! Sure my umbrella can pierce her skin but do I want to be subjected to that again? I can't knock her out either because she might spit out poison or have some defense mechanism when unconscious. Ah that might do...a bit risky but...it could work.

Just as she is a hairs breath away from my current position, I thrust the tortoise at her. In her panic she cries out and hides in her shell.

washu washu how could you bai suang! I trusted you! I trusted you! washu washu

Pitiful cries come out from the shell and the serpent woman goes to knock it to the side.

"What a nuisa-"

Her last words are cut off as the length of my umbrella digs into her throat. This causes the poison in her mouth to spill out from the sides and coat the tip. I push off from the ground and dig deeper into her throat while forcing an opening to form along her neck.

Only a couple of seconds pass before she collapses...there is also the matter of loss of nec-

I gag a little as I come to my senses and turn my head away to clean my umbrella. Checking once to make sure it was gone, I pick up tortoise and go on my way.

"Sorry tortoise."

OOC: [Aeternus: Maintenance district.]

Kuma Desu, leegood, Crau and 5 others like this.
  17. HELLiCOPter

HELLiCOPter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My legs were pretty hurt... Some people bandaged them. I cant heal them in such conditions. If I will return to my normal form , damage will be huge. I lay down in the ground near the temple . Pumpkin is still here , I tried to get up , but my body wont let me do it. Ezero saw me , how I tried to get up. He pushed the pumpkin to me. I need to say thanks to @A.I.M.E-02847 , later. I hugged it and closed my eyes. There was tears falling from my eyes:
    -I have done my best , little girl. - I said to myself.
    -Big kitty is hurt?
    I opened my eyes and saw a little girl with a injury. Her mother was holding her with care.
    -Irma , look what you have done? Kitty tried to rest!
    -But kitty was crying? Is he hurt because Irma and mother and other people are heavy?
    - I smiled , but my face changed because of pain , her mother saw it -
    -Irma , lets go . Kitty need to rest.
    They walked away , but soon she came back with many children
    -Look , kitty is hurt , lets help hin feel better
    -Many children were near me , they all said in unison -
    -Pain , pain , go away ...
    -Kitty is better ?
    -Yes , kitty feel better ...
    -YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! - I heard children cries.
    -Okay , stop , walk back to your parents! I guess they afraid where are you gone...
    -OKAAAAYYYY!!!
    I stood up and walked to the area where are all the civilians.
    -I need to find her parents. I need to tell them a story about how brave she was. Maybe one of the parents still alive.
    I found a man , smelling like that bakery. He was injured, but he will stay alive.
    -Girl in the bakery?
    -Oh , you about her?
    -She is a pure child , her father was a knight.
    -What do you mean he was ?
    -He was killed by the bandits.
    -And her mother?
    -... is she alright? I told my son to hide her and himself.
    Then he told her to hide was that mans son - I thought.
    -Yes she is alright. I lied to that old , man.
    I walked behind the temple and buried that pumpkin with her body inside. I placed a giant rock on top , like a gravestone and a yellow yarn ball.
    -I fell asleep in front of the grave. No one saw , but underground there was a strange light , which disappeared fastly.
    Sorry fellow adventures this cat needs to rest....

Kuma Desu, Nurman, NiQuinn and 4 others like this.
  18. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Jin Vodka's POV>​

Jin eyes in a daze, there was nothing but flame in his surrounding. Every touch was painful some even burst to his body. Making him scream from pain, but he needs to find the way out so he could only endure. He continues walking around but it seems to be endless.

Jin keeps on walking, he then looks downward looking at the ground which has no flame. He sees reflection an image of him. Terrifying, no control which only brings destruction something he very much despises.

Jin drops on his knees, as he covered his face. He could only feel disgusted to the current him. But he doesn't know what to do. He didn't want for them to lend their power to him. He didn't want any of it, he just wants for them to leave him alone.

But no matter how hard he tried, or how he struggles he couldn't do anything. No matter how he tries to fight, everything was futile.

Jin's eyes were full in despair, seemingly giving up.

Then he sees a bright light calling to him. It filled his heart with gentle warmth. He unconsciously reaches his hand. As he almost touches the light, suddenly bright red flames cover his vision. And extreme flame engulfs him as he lost sight of the light.

Jin stood still for a moment at Hikari's voice but suddenly a large tremor was created. As he was distracted and the Giant Earth Dragon took his attention. Feeling a great threat as the dragon open its mouth releasing a strong acid breath. He dodges this swiftly by flying above. Most of the monsters are killed melting into pieces.

Jin growled in anger as he had no chance with this dragon. But his anger against the Spprigan who attack him was greater.

"GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Jin shouted as he felt more pain from the power that burning his own body. The magma covers him but its heat also hurt him as it continues to spread to his body. Small drops of blood are seen on the cracks of the magma before they got dried by the heat.

He rushed towards the Spprigans blinded of anger. He rushes towards it ignoring the dragon as his flames burn the passing treants and the carnivorous plants.

The Spprigans continue controlling monsters as Jin plow his way through it. Not minding the injuries he receives.

As he was rampaging killing every monster in his way just to reach the Spprigans. Suddenly he heard a loud voice as he was smack repeatedly. It was Razogul trying to wake him up.

"Grrrrrrrrr!!" Jin emitted heat wave around him and continue going towards the Spprigans even with the injuries as the magma crack open from Razogul attack. He was blinded by rage as only an instinct of wrath move him.

Suddenly out of nowhere, the dragon was just on the side of Jin opening it's mouth wide open. He quickly flew to dodge but before he could go far away. Multiple hands from dark mist grab on him draining most his strength. Without an escape, the dragon swiftly moves his mouth as it bites to Jin's torso.

The magma surrounding him crack but it saves his life. Nevertheless, the impact broke some of his bones as he spits blood. His expression is pale as he tried to escape the dragon's mouth trying to eat him. But it seems like the dragon was growing stronger and Jin was struggling with his life.

[Jin bitten by the dragon *suffering intensifies*]
    OOC: @brasca123 please help awaken Jin and save his humanity.
    @Razogul please save Jin from himself.

Kuma Desu, leegood, Razogul and 3 others like this.
  19. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    What was I looking at right now?

It’s a dragon.

The very straightforward answer was really not appreciated. Not that my question was rhetorical. I would have preferred that it was told to me in a gentler fashion. It might have helped diminish the shock for just a bit. As it were, I feel slightly gobsmacked at the sight before me. This creature was huge.

Once that thought crossed my mind, an unmitigated level of fear crashed into me. It was such a familiar onslaught that, instead of my heart palpitating faster, it slowed in a tranquil state that helped me think clearly. The fear was unnatural in origin. It was not my own. That dragon might have such an effect like some demons had which my temple hunted down.

Then, I remembered one of the things I was rewarded from my last raid. Taking out one Immortal Jade from my item pouch I clutched it in my grasp and said a short prayer.

“Amaterasu, goddess of the sun, may your tears purify that which binds the soul into clouded judgement. May your Fortunes descend upon this token and grant me protection from those that aim to taint my soul with their malice. Heed my prayer, goddess, and grant me this boon.”

When I opened my hand, the Immortal Jade appeared to glow a pure green that indicated that my orison was heard. The calmness I felt became a pure serenity that showed that the jade in my hand was working as it should. Though I knew I could fight off the effects of fear without this, the presence of the jade made it so that I had at least one less thing to worry about.

Putting it in one of the slots of my traveling pouch, I held on to my daggers and proceeded with caution. Before I could even step further, I realized that something was off. I could feel something else there besides the dragon. Focusing on my senses, I was aghast to feel some people in those orange pods. Not only humans, some goblins, orcs, and many others besides. Residents of the forest. What bothered me more was the fact that I couldn’t sense them dying in there or being readied for digestion. Which meant they were being kept alive for something else and not being kept as food.

One problem after another. What was I going to do now? Suddenly, I heard a shout.

"This is bad!"

"WAKE UP!"

Looking up ahead, I saw some familiar faces. It was (@Razogul) Razogul, (@JinVodka ) Jin, and...was that (@brasca123) Hikari? Fighting the urge to shout and get their attention, I instead retreated back into the forested area and ran quietly to get to where they were. After carefully maneuvering to their side, I took out a shikigami and input a message onto it. Then, I sent it towards Hikari without leaving my hiding spot. I watched as it flew to where she was and tapped the girl on the shoulder.

[​IMG]

I saw Hikari jolted in surprise and looked at my shikigami in astonishment. Before she could say anything, my message came out from the piece of paper as a disembodied voice.

“Hikari, it’s me Levana. I’m just behind. I don’t think the dragon knows I’m here. I can shoot it from this far. Just tell me what to do. I can you hear you from here just fine. Just don’t do anything that might alert the dragon of my presence.”

With that, I waited for instructions. Razogul and Jin were a bit further ahead and I chose not to call out to them. Hikari, meanwhile, was Guild staff. Technically, that made her the default leader during this crisis. Things were getting out of hand with Jin suddenly going berserk adding to the problem but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be salvaged.

As a precaution, I readied my Ignis Volley and waited.

[OOC] Finally here where the Dragon is.

Kuma Desu, leegood, Razogul and 7 others like this.
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ji-Jin-san!

For a moment Hikari thought he would react to Hikari, but the giant dragon appeared and Jin-san went berserk again...

What can Hikari do? What can Hikari do? Hikari needs a sacrifice to help! Jin-san needs to hear Hikari!

"Jin-san! Please hear Hikari out!!!!"

He kept moving, attacking the spprigan... But-but...

"Jin-san!!!"

The dragon moved and attacked, Jin-san tried dodging...

Hikari can't interfere, but, but Jin-san...

Suddenly Hikari felt something on her shoulder. Wha-what!?

It was Levana... Okay, so... She is asking Hikari to decide...? But...

Hikari looked again, Jin-san was bitten by the-by the dragon, Jin-san was...

Hi-Hikari can't interfere, can't interfere...

Bu-but Jin-san... But Hikari can't...

*deep breath* If Hikari can't protect her first worshipper, what is worth is there in being a goddess anyway?

"Lev-san, Hikari is sorry, but Hikari has no idea what Lev-san can do, nor does Hikari know what would be the best course of action... Hikari is going."

Hikari flew towards the dragon's mouth, Hikari could feel acid on the air trying to hurt Hikari, but Hikari sacrificed some divine energy to protect herself.

Hikari reached the mouth and-

"Let Jin-san go right now!!!!!!!!!"

Hikari pointed her hand towards the dragon and sacrificed her divine energy to make a huge flash of light.

The dragon seemed hurt and opened its mouth throwing Jin-san away.

"Ji-Jin-san!!!"

Hikari saw Jin-san flying while still covered with lava, Hikari flew and caught him while trying to cover herself as much as she could with divine energy... It was still hot though...

"Jin-san! Hikari is here! Listen to Hikari!!!"

Hikari sacrificed her divine energy to forcefully heal Jin-san's wounds and threw some raw energy straight into her blessing as well.

Hikari flew away from the dragon while it recovered from Hikari's light and dropped Jin-san on the ground.

"Ji-Jin-san! Please tell Hikari that Jin-san is alright!"

Hikari felt tired... Ugh, this place is terrible for Hikari, and Hikari did too much... And Hikari feels she did a really bad thing...
    ----------------------------------
    ((Rescued Jin from the boss and healed him, while also throwed more energy at his blessing.
    Boss should be stunned for a bit.
    Hikari is getting tired very quickly.

@NiQuinn Hikari has 0 idea of how to be a good commander... So... She kinda left you on your own! >.<
    @Razogul I stole your job of saving him! I hope you don't mind! >.<
    @JinVodka I hope this is enough to wake him up! >.<))

Kuma Desu, Nahrenne, JinVodka and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.