Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid Arena

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing the very precarious situation right now, I had no choice but to make quick decisions. The dragon was stunned so it was better to take action now while I could. Sending my Ignis Volley out, I saw it pierce through the pods and it took four ignis arrowheads for one to burst. Right now, I didn’t worry about the occupants of the pods falling to the ground and continued to break open as many as I could.

From my peripheral, I could see the spriggan trying to look for me but my will-o’-the-wisp companion was keeping her away somehow. Even then, I had to keep on changing my location and was determined to take out as many pods as I could. Time was of the essence. Hikari, the strongest one here, seemed to have an issue with being able to effectively fight. In the first place, she had never been the type to be confrontational anyway.

Not knowing if it was going to work, I took out four talismans and sent them off towards Hikari who was trying her best to wake Jin up. The talismans flew and circled around the two. Finally, they stopped and hovered around them and burst into light.

I had no idea if the purifying properties would help the two of them. As for me, I continued with the pods and hoped Razogul might be able to do something with those that fell.

[OOC] Something short coz it's a hectic situation. Sorry, @Razogul. Please work hard lol. @brasca123 @JinVodka

Talisman effects: AOE of 2 meters. Only targeted to Hikari and will last for nine posts. Will purify area and protect from dark miasma. Count only adds per Hikari post.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Nahrenne, Kuma Desu, Nurman and 2 others like this.
  2. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    { Smell that? Your friends are in danger Kynn... Maybe you should wake up and go help you know? Also when you sleep, Don't come here okay? }
    " No... Sleepy... Don't talk... "
    { Cheeky... Gununu... listen Kynn... If You go now and leave me be for quite a while... I'll give you something... Err... Something like Fluffy Bed and Mountains of food... I'll have to ask Glutton for some food... }
    " Nnnnnn.... "
    { And a lot of chocolate bars... }
    " Going~ "

After Sloth Bribed Kynn to leave his realm alone, Kynn disappeared from his sight and sighs. He then wrote some things on some papers and with a puff of smoke, it also disappeared.

{ Now then... Peace and quiet... }

The slothful God Sleeps Alone and Peacefully

( Aeternus Port )​

Kynn starts to wake up form her mini slumber. And sees a lot of Monsters, Kynn got startled and Threw a lot of Spells aiming at their heads

" Unyaaa!!!!!! (Ice Spear)!! (Ice javelin)!! (Rock Bullet)!! (Rock Cannon)!! (Flame)!! (Fireball)!! (Incinerate)!! "
    { Uwah~ that's a lot of Spells... Well there that... Kynn Good morning~ }
    ' Morning Master~ ' - Yuki
    " Unya! What's Happening?? Where are we?? " - Kynn
    " Erm... Master... We're still on Aeternus... " - Nilias
    " Cub!! " - Kynn
    " Nilias ma'am " - Nilias
    " Nope you're Cub " - Kynn
    " Yes ma'am... " - Nilias
    " Now? What happened we're still in Aeternus right? What's with the monsters? " - Kynn
    { Verdant creatures got Corrupted and keeps sending monsters to us... Well I... We we're planning to go to Verdant and help them up }
    " Hmm... Let go!! "
    { Very well... Might as well ride an flying airship this time }

Kynn and her companions left the monster's corpses behind and rode an airship towards the Verdant....

" Ah... I have motion sickness... " - Kynn

--------------
    ( Work Kills Imagination... This is all I have for today... )

Nahrenne, Kuma Desu, Naraku and 4 others like this.
  3. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV Samuel​

So many ravens... we have to hurry! "Yes, we-" She is so fast! I can barely keep up...!

A bit later, I arrive at a house together with Presia, and she seems to have noticed something I didn't because she immediately rushes inside, picking up some kind of ball. That... is Tene? Right, he said he was a homunculus, but... it really is looking bad.

Rather disturbed, I answer Presia in a surprisingly shaky voice. "Ye-yes... I'm going to... try and help the people here."

And Presia is already rushing off, trying to find someone to help. It takes a few situations until I come to my senses again. Tene is much, much stronger than me, and he... he got reduced to that state. This means that... I might die here. Something might just come and kill me.

My hands and feet are shaking, and I barely manage to set one foot in front of my other, slowly trying to hide within an alley, only to hear footsteps behind me, coming closer.

"P-presia, is that you...?" But no one answers, and the footsteps come closer. Fearing the worst but not wanting to accept it, I slowly turn my head, and see one of those weird half-orcs moving towards me, blocking my way out of the alley.

"No... no!" I shout, trying to deny the current situation, but the half-orc doesn't stop. He's going to kill me, right? I will die, right here, and there is nothing, nothing I can do about it...! I start crying, and the half-orc finally reaches me, swinging his ax at me. Seeing it getting closer, I can't move, seeing the unavoidable death approach. Then the ax hits me- only for me to notice that I used the waning moon technique to dodge out of reflex, but none the less, it tears through my phantom.

That-that will be me, right...? "Go away! Get-get away from me!" I scream at the half-orc in desperation. It's ugly visage seems to grin, and it steps towards me again...!

PoV Tene​

Right now, I am just my core. That means I don't have access to any senses, and can only think and restore my mana. What I did was dangerous to myself, but I didn't miscalculate and my mana barely was enough to prevent damage to my core. Which, existing in many dimensions, has much more molecular bindings than pretty much anything I know, making it nigh undestroyable and the hardest thing I know.

Given some time or mana, I will be capable of returning to the fight without problems. I just hope I am not causing trouble right now. Being limited in mana like this... doesn't feel nice. I am going to prepare a side core acting as a mana reactor and storage for me, which I will link with my main core. Depending on how I do it, I might won't even have to carry it with me.

OOC: Aeternus.
    Tene is slowly recovering, and Samuel is having a mental breakdown while getting attacked by a half-orc, only surviving due to reflexes trained into his body.
    @JinVodka

Nahrenne, Kuma Desu, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  4. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    BOOM!

Out from the central fountain of the Recreational District, a certain fox-kin had just discovered the secret to flight... not. But why was Ton flying across Aeternus covered in smog? Well, it all started two days ago...

- Two days ago under Aeternus -​

"GHHAHAHAH!", shouted an annoyed Ton scrubbing away at honey covered walls of her Ton Cave. Having already been flooded with recycled rainwater and honey by the nasty surface dwellers, Ton was busy at work cleaning her underground network dubbed as the "Tonnels". Angrily muttering to herself about ants and bugs getting lured in by the honey, she continued to clean with help from a chocolate enthusiast, Choco the elementalist.

While humming a tune and scraping the honey samples into jars, Choco asked, "Hey Ton, I've been noticing a lot more cobwebs around lately. Do you think the staff are going to flush you out with a wave of spiders this time?"

Clearly fatigued Ton yawned, "Nah, I don't think Noah would try force me out of my new home."

A resounding facepalm echoed in the cavern, "Ton, you're talking about Moses and Moses dealt with plagues of locus, frogs and whatnot. He doesn't do honey, rainwater and spiders..."

Irritated, Ton dropped her mop, lit a torch and dragged Choco by the collar deeper into the tunnels, "Well come on then, we'll find their nest and burn it down!"

- 3 hours ago under Aeternus -​

"WAN!", grunted an annoyed Ton wielding Choco by his feet, ruthlessly beating the Suicidal Spiders away.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

A series of explosions echoed throughout the tunnels suppressing the scuttering sounds of the waves of Suicidal Spiders. Restraining herself from blowing up the whole damned place she asked Steve (the Probation Automaton Spider), "Who came up with the stupid idea that members can only attack a monster under their rank or at most 1 rank above? Look at the poor and battered Choco!"

BOOM! BOOM!

Batting a path through the spiders and healing Choco along the way, Ton slowly made her way towards to Suicidal Broodmother. Steve who was perched on her head answered, "Well, if you did what you were told and didn't try to capture and breed them for yourself, things wouldn't have reached this point."

Charging forward with resentment in her eyes she cried, "BUT THEY CAN BEAUTIFULLY EXPLODE ON IMPACT!"

BOOM! BOOM!

Not letting Ton continue Steve quick retorted, "THEN DON'T PUT THEM IN YOUR MOUTH!"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"BUT I LIKE THE EXPLOSIVE FLAVOUR!"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Having had enough of the duo's nonsensical bout Choco raged, "DAMMIT TON! STOP USING ME AS A BASEBALL BAT!"

- 30 minutes ago under Aeternus -​

Finally reaching her goal, Ton stood upon a mountain of spider carcasses. Resting the Choco bat (Choco had given up complaining and finally became one with The Way of the Baseball Bat) on her shoulders, she stood before the charging Suicidal Broodmother.

Baffled, Ton stood there and stared, "Hey Steve, why is she charging at me? Ain't this supposed to be a boss fight instance where she sends waves of spiderlings at me?"

Responding to Ton in a matter-of-fact tone, "You see, it's in their innate nature to charge and explode, even if it is the Broodmother."

Even more perplexed Ton inquired, "Hey Steve, I like explosions. So am I actually a Suicidal Spider as well?"

Sighing to itself and with a deadpan expression Steve retorted, "Good job Ton. You've force me, an automaton, to express emotions that was never coded into my software. And no, you're just a Ton."

BOOM!!!

- Current time, flying across Aeternus to Verdant Forest -​

"OH NO STEVE! I LET GO OF THE LEGENDARY TIERED WEAPON OF MASS SPIDER DESTRUCTION, THE CHOCO BAT!"

"I consider that his blessing."

- Current time, Facing the Giant Earth Dragon Ragshelm, Verdant Forest -​

Just as Levana sent out her Ignis Volley to save the occupants, she noticed something troublesome come flying by at the corner of her eye.

BOOM!

Colliding into Ragshelm's head, Ton sat up and planted a flag on the dragon's snout.

"Conqured."

Unsurprisingly, Ton was sent flying shortly afterwards and slammed into a tired Hikari.

[OOC: There is a steep decline of Suicidal Spiders on Aeternus]

5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    What the heck is it ? The mana became too much denser suddenly, I feel like we should run the most far away possible, without any words, Liya unblinded us and I could see the monster that appeared.

Indeed it's fiendish.
    The trees aren't what they were used to, orange blobs just appeared almost everywhere and of course this is where people are... obviously.

"Do you think there's more in the backward ?"
    [...You want to save more of them ?]
    "Alright, poison mixed with oxygen so what ? I will destroy the blobs and pick them up"
    [Ahhh... Alright.]

Annoying as ever I will save those kind of fools, hope they won't be ungrateful Liya put on me his useless dark coat.

[Children will get scared with your ugly face ?]

I didn't respond, approached a blob and opened it with Mishap, orange poison begins to leak out and got into my body.
    Two twin of around thirteen.
    Then I ran letting them in Liya's care.

It's time to deliver annoying hostages...

- - -

Cinere decided to risk his life for others people, he musn't be in his usual mood of course, I pick up the twins and put them around the zone where the poison is weaker. I will just make another mass heal, that should be alright.

[What a senseless fool...]

This may be why I followed him or we are still alive. Following him I'm picking up strangely a lot of people, if it's continue we're going to get a hundred of people.
    Ahahah...
    I hope not, it will be hellish.

- - -

And hop... I got the last one, if I remember, I mean of course I'm remembering right, 125th guys.
    Damn, managing those idiots will be disgustingly hard... let's just...

Two hours later, these bastards finally woke up after being kicked like dogs, my blood now 3/4 silvery and 1/4 orange is just freaking painful.

"Bunch of bastards ! Did you imagine how much work you gave us, more than hundred of you got kidnapped pointlessly, so we are going to leave right now you scums"
    (What did you say ?!)

An ice sword pierced the ground next to this son of a *****, I began to talk less insulting but more threatening

"First, you go against me ? You die."
    "Second you disobey me ? You die"
    "Lastly you want to leave ? You die"
    [I'm going behind all of you to protect from ambush and suppress the poison while our tyrant is going to take on the poison and most of monsters.]

Be merciless and everybody will follow your commands.
    That's it they are frightened however with us they have better chance to survive.

Preparing a lot of ice daggers, let's kill all those trash and leave.

OOC : Going to leave and save too much people~ Soon a bunch of idiots will leave the Verdant Forest ~

6. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    A thought suddenly crossed my mind causing me to be confused. Why was Hikari here in the first place? It would hardly be a coincidence especially since this seemed to be the place where the black mist originated. As I was about to send more Ignis Volley towards the dragon, I found myself pausing in surprise as I watched something crash on the dragon’s head from the sky.

It didn’t take long for me to recognize that figure. Feeling me jaw drop, I saw Ton unabashedly stab a flag on the dragon’s snot and make a victory pose.

Conquered.”

No, it was not. Unsurprisingly, Ton was sent flying shortly afterwards and slammed into a tired Hikari. Instead of feeling glad that we had another comrade to help us against this dragon, I grew incredibly worried.

[OOC] Another short post coz it deserved a reaction. lol

Verdant Forest, fighting dragon/rescuing hostages.

7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Slaughtering our way, I'm meeting a lot of these exhausting butterfly, ah, Liya is probably grumbling...
    This poison is annoying, damn why I decided to absord it actively instead of letting them die poisoned...
    I'm throwing up orange blood, I'm tired of this shit.

I almost fell on the ground however two kids looking alike supported me, the twins from the start.

"Release me or you'll die."
    (From poison...?)

I stayed silent, it must have become obvious now, my veins are just orange now and I keep absorbing this poison, I'm roaming on the verge of dead nothing's surprising.
    Their looks seemed grateful now, irritating how people can change easily their opinions.

"Annoying..."

I stood up and began to walk faster, they should be less tired than I am.
    Throwing knifes and then changing their directions to kill those butterflies..

Shit shit shit...

Treant, Will O'Wisp and Glutonnous Carnivorous, not panicked but blocking their way, I create an Ice Wall of forty feet of two meters wide.

"Let's run they are too dangerous."
    (Y-Yes !!)
    [...hate you...]

I ignored the ghosty grumbling and we began to run while I'm throwing my knifes even faster.
    They may be falling like flies but... even flies aren't this many.

{Cinere...}

Ignoring the sweet but unfortunaly dead voice, I continued to run with those guys following me toward the exit.
    Damn, I must create another wall.
    It got it... no it wasn't... I transformed th dirt under the wall in ice just in case...

"RUN FASTER !"

And they really did, quite good fellows... after some minutes I created an ice wall behind us.
    Exhausted to death, ironically I'm running toward life just like these supposed sentenced to death.
    Ah !
    Even if we see the never-ending forest, we unexpectly take the last steep and we were out, the living trees, the empty tree, the killed butterflies, the flying poison the broken pieces of branches were no there anymore.

"We finally got out !"

My skin became yellow, my veins were as orange as... an orange actually... my body was poison, more than whenever.

(Thank you !)
    "Shut up there's still monsters outside"
    [Who was the one screaming ?]
    "Shut up."

-Actually 126 people got out of the Verdant Forest, protected by a cloaked guy who is actually filled with poison and a grumbling and grudgeful supposed priest-
    -Half are children, 1/4 are old while the rest are young or middle-aged adult-

OOC : Just out of Verdant Forest,
    (( It's hard writing on phone xD))

Nurman, JinVodka, AliceShiki and 4 others like this.
  8. Peony

Peony Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Temple was a rather peaceful place. Well if you ignored the screaming, crying and shouts from outside it could be peaceful. Maybe it was more peaceful during peace? Yes that must be it!

"I don't think that's the problem you should be trying to solve." The stranger shakes her head at the florist as she dumps a pile of bandages in her lap. "Can you roll these for me Peony? Don't add anything to them...we don't want any accidents."

The stranger ruffles Peony's hair slightly before moving on to the next person. Actually she wasn't a stranger but no one needs to know her name right?

THUNK

"Ouch! Oh an apple...I can save the seeds to plant later."

"She's..."

"Hopeless."

Peony ignores her neighbour and the stranger as she stores away the apple into her pouch. She picks up one end of the cloth and starts to roll it up. After doing it for a full minute she sighs mournfully.

"When is this going to end? It's a never ending piece of cloth! I smell a conspiracy!" Peony jumps up again and shakes the bandages at her nearest companion who turns out to be a injured farmer. Hey wait that looks like...

"Farmer Hale! Fancy seeing you here!"

"Oh no...Peony...just...let...me...rest." Farmer Hale coughs feebly to sure his inability to chat with her. Peony stares at him for a second before sitting back down on the ground.

"Fine."

I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

She picks up the cloth and continues her allocated job. Being an adventurer is no fun. No fun at all. It was a conspiracy!

{Aeternus - Temple.}

Nurman, AliceShiki, Nahrenne and 5 others like this.
  9. Crau

Crau 『Kysil & Kyuu's master』『Onee~sama』『Utopia's』

Reading List:
    Link
    Crau's POV
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After a little chat with Lily, it seems that she's worried about my mental health for staying too long at an isolated place like the garden
    so I've decided to go and buy some things on Aeternus
    [Haa~ a such a nostalgic....view?]
    Well, I haven't expected this...Monsters..a lot of monsters, but isn't this Aeternus? hmm,
    has the Guild master gone insane and created biological weapons to annihilate the citizens...I guess not, the guild master can be a little
    eccentric but I don't think that he would waste this tremendous amount of life force and resources to create wilds and savages monsters who don't follow instructions...
    [So~ even if its hard to believe, Aeternus has been invaded by monsters,]
    I didn't store a big amount of energy...and since I was going to return fast I haven't connected with the garden's core...
    Haaa~ I should contact Lily and tell her the situation...or that's what I want to do but...
    [I don't think that those things will wait for me till I finish the procedures right?]
    At first, a little group of spiders was coming at me but since their numbers were small I only eliminated them and started to contact lily,
    now I'm thinking of it as a big mistake...

Just as I was going to finish something caught my sight...Spiders...Tons of spiders...

If it was all then it wouldn't be a problem, these spiders look weak, and in fact they are weak, they'll die with just basic magic hitting them but...they explode
    yup there's no way that I can take something like an explosion with this body at the moment, normally this body is something like a disposable item
    and even if it gets destroyed I can just repair it or create another but... right now there's a little difference.
    Whats the difference? well, I said before that I didn't store energy to repair his body and I forget to connect with the garden's core so~I can die now.
    Since my soul, that is normally in Lily's garden is currently attached to this body I can't let this body to be destroyed ah when I talk of death is not as if I would stop existing, but my soul will lose to the world's laws and go through a cleansing to be reused or something like that.
    It is possible to reattach the soul if someone intervenes right the moment but at most, there are only a few persons running to the center of Aeternus and none of them seems experts or magicians
    [I guess it cant be helped haha, even though this body isn't made for combat ill have to try]
    [Haa~, so that's the last one uh?]
    To be honest I thought that it would be difficult to get rid of the spiders but it seems like that they explode even if there are other spiders in their way so I used 5 moon knives with a drop of ''Blood'' and a little of my soul essence to make it appear as a part of me
    it was unexpectedly a good move and almost all the spiders rushed to them exploding and killing each other~

While admiring the grotesque scenery a weird looking goblin with a little hand ax appears...why I'm having a bad premonition?
    The goblin starts to run and tries to crash against me, I avoided and used Life steal to weaken the goblin,
    after that, I use 3 knives more and throw them to the head and throat of the goblin, The goblin avoids two but the third pierces
    his throat and start to fall to his knees...
    [Fuu~ Seems like my bad premonition didn't happen]
    while saying so I started to leave as if nothing happened but...Before his death, the goblin threw his ax and chops my right arm
    [Ah...I knew it, this again, what problem do goblins have with my right arm?!]
    I was planning to throw the goblin's corpse to a random spider but since I saw a group of persons trying to go at the guilds HQ I decided to follow them and don't expose myself to more danger....]
    ------------------------------------------
    OOC: Since I didn't know if write about specific parts of the city or just mentioning the place I leave it on ''A random place'' hope it counts~~
    Btw I'm not good at writing, I probably have a lot of typos and inconsistencies

10. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    As Hikari was worrying about Ton and Jin, I had to runaway with the spriggan noticing my general direction. I couldn’t afford being caught by that one unless I was sure I could finish it off, which I wasn’t. Back to the matter at hand. Where in the world did Ton drop in from? Was there an airship up ahead?

True I wanted to see familiar faces this deep into Verdant Forest but the repetitive surprises felt like whiplash. It was disorienting and enough of a problem that I had to rethink my plans a bit. Especially since Jin seemed to still be incapacitated.

The dragon was so close to getting his bearings back that I knew we had to get rid of all those remaining pods and, thankfully, Razogul was not only rescuing those dropping from the ones I managed to open, he was also doing a good deal of clearing out the pods himself.

In the midst of thinking about what battle strategies I could manage, I felt a presence from behind me. It was a small swarm of moonlight butterflies and I cursed at not noticing them sooner. I was so preoccupied in avoiding the spriggan and helping with the dragon that I hadn’t felt anything was amiss. Changing my plans quickly, I focused on fending off these huge insects and had no choice but to run a little ways away so that I wouldn’t add to more problems with the dragon.

Please, Ton. Be gentle. Hopefully, she could prove a big enough distraction for the dragon that Hikari and the others will be able to recuperate in time. Concentrating on my new enemies, I constantly had my Ignis Volley at the ready and even used Specter Guard for good measure. The tactic was extremely useful and I was glad that my range attacks were good enough to fend them off.

Still, it took me longer than I’d like to get rid of the moonlight butterflies. How many of these creatures had I actually killed already? I’ve been in this forest for so long that I wondered how many hours had it actually been since I’ve been stuck inside? Corrupted will-o’-the-wisps were not only good at making one lost, they were also good at making one confused about the passage of time.

One quest led me to the Adventurers Graveyard where they had their own laws of time while this quest had me flummoxed in Verdant Forest. I seemed to be stepping into these events too much these days. The first thing I’d do once I get out of this was to approach the Guildmaster for my shakujou. Once I have that weapon, I’ll feel more confident in overcoming stuff like this.

After getting rid of those moonlight butterflies, I made my way back to where the others were and hoped they were fine. Being that Ton was there, it could go either way. The sense of urgency heightened and I quickened my pace. Maybe this time I had no choice but to go out into the open and confront the dragon and that damn spriggan. Hopefully by then, Jin would be back to his senses.

[OOC] @brasca123 @Razogul @JinVodka @Nurman

11. HELLiCOPter

HELLiCOPter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Hey listen. Kitty lets go. There's still people you need to save. Go to forest ... you need to go to the forest.
    Well that was a reason why I am now inside the forest still in my Totoro form. Everything was alright till I met this thing. Giant something in his mind such agony he clearly wants to die. I saw another adventurers who were near him. I hope they can keep him. I think he is busy with them right now so I made giant horns on my head to damage this orange blobs.
    -Choo Choo tucker...here I come.
    That was a hit. Next I launched my horn on the blob which was higher than first one. I opened my mouth and took out my tongue so people can jump on it. People were coming inside me , when I finally knew that I was exposed. I can't run know. I saw giant head flying straight to me. I was ready for the hit , but he lifted me and started to use me as a baseball bat. I think I am feeling a bit dizzy. Help , me. Btw people inside are good.

Nurman, JinVodka, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  12. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Presia POV>
    One of the workers holding a wench was shocked seeing a cat beast-kin with two tails. She shouted asking help from anyone. But this is the maintenance area and not the healing center. Plus, aren't they the one needing the help?

Presia didn't know anything about golems and such. She could only recognize small fragment soul of Tene due to her Nekomata race ability that detects soul. She thought since the maintenance guys are smart people who made maintenance to the floating city. They might know how to help Tene recover. So she looked around the area searching for someone who can help her but no one answered.

'He seems to be the one with the most knowledgeable here.'
    Presia notices the oldest guy wearing glasses. Presia walks forward as she rushes towards the poor worker. With her two tails burning with blue flames it is quite intimidating.

"........" The old worker gulps as he sweats from fear.

"Sir please help Tene he is my important friend." Presia looks towards the man teary-eyed. Her visage was pitiful but also beautiful that any man would listen to anything she will say.

"Of course!! Leave it to me!!" The old man smiled widely as he grabbed Tene's core.

"Thank you very much!!" Presia happily smiled as she wipes the tears from her face.

"Of course we can let a lady get trouble!" A young male worker smiled as he raises his hand.
    "I'll help too!!" Quickly, the others followed as they volunteer to help.
    "I'm the one she entrusted with this!" The old man shouted as he holds Tene's core.

Suddenly a group of corrupted goblins moves towards the maintenance area scaring the workers.

"Don't worry, I'll deal with them, fufufu~" Presia laugh as she bowed towards the workers. She quickly rushes forward while conjuring blue fireballs and hitting the goblins.

"No one is allowed to hinder Tene's recovery." Presia expression was scary as her eyes filled with killing intent.

She waves her fan as she let them burn all the goblins.
    Presia then focuses as she summons a magic circle in the area just in front the Maintenance Entrance as she absorbs all the souls of her enemies. "[Grudge Formation]"

When a group of corrupted snakes enters the circle. Their souls receive damage at a small rate. This made their movement slow and easy to kill.

"[Wind Slicer]" Presia waves her fan as she let out a wind that slices the snakes. It was magic she learned from Jin while bored. The magic circle also increases her attack power.

"I won't allow anyone to pass...." Presia eyes look to the incoming monsters with hostility.

"........." All the worker look silently at Presia. Their expression are all in despair as they see how strong she was.

'Ah, we're going to die if this core doesn't recover to its true form.'
    'I'm so dead, I don't even know anything about this stuff.'
    'I don't mind if I get punish by a beautiful girl.'
    'I'm happy we got a strong person to protect us. But it is a girl, my pride as a man.'

The workers in the maintenance area just look at Presia in despair. But some of them can't be help attracted how she dances in the battlefield killing her enemies.

<Lavri POV>

Lavri continued paralyzing the half-orcs that keep coming to the Aeternus Gates. He needs to make the slash them not too deep and only graze them. So he has difficult increasing the pace. He also needs to watch out for the random falling thunder.

'Maybe if I do that...'
    Lavri pulled his old weapon kodachi as he increases his instincts. Sensing where the thunder will fall he immediately aimed his kodachi below a contaminated half-orc electrocuting him as he falls to the ground.

Lavri remembered orcs have thick skin and even they are half. This thunder is will immobilize them. This will also help in minimizing the usage of paralyzing potion which is limited.

Lavri smiles as he disappears into the shadows. Rather than dodging the thunder, he will use it to his advantage.

On the other hand, Flyx was busy playing the violin just behind the wall of shield. Iris with his sense manipulation abilities went unnoticed by the half-orcs. He keeps taking the unconscious half-orc and piling them up in a safe area.

OOC: Presia with Tene at Maintenace area. @Quaesitor (PS: Presia is too worried for Tene she can't help Samuel)
    Lavri and others in the Aeternus Portal Gate

Nurman, AliceShiki, Nahrenne and 5 others like this.
  13. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    “The fight sure is heated...”

In the Maintenance District, there was a mid scale battle against the half-orcs. A lot of silver armored people were forming a shield wall, although many adventurers were trespassing the wall to catch some half-orc and take them to a safe place after immobilizing them.

“I wonder if there’s a place for me to step in in this battle.”

“...”

“I mean, I’m not a fighter, I am just a support...”

“...”

“Should I stop being so stubborn and just use ‘that’?”

“...”

“I guess I should… right?”

“...”

“Thanks for the help, unknown mute wolf girl...”

“...”

Getting down from her arms, I pulled yet again the book from my satchel. Now that we were nearer to the thunderstorm, the sparks that surged from it were stronger. Flipping some pages, I found the perfect spell for this situation.

Army of the Storm King!

Skipping the chant, I promptly casted the spell, forming two magic circles in front of me. Although I was out of mana for such a big spell, the mana lingering inside the book supplied the spell in my stead.

The two rune filled circles danced in the air in front of me before disappearing and turning into sparks, flying to the Silver Knights that were forming the wall. Electricity started dancing in their armors, shields and weapons, and it was strengthened even more when a thunder hit the ground near one of them.

Checking the mana remaining on the book, I noticed that I had spent a little over half of it in this single spell. Well, I won’t be joining directly the battlefield, so it’s not of my concern. There’s at least some for emergencies.

Putting the book back where it was, I started walking calmly, followed by the wolf girl, that was wide eyed watching some small sparks run through her body. So it affected even her, huh?

[OOC] Well, I didn't wanted to use Fictus Liones yet, but the thunder storm was too tempting...
    Anyway, the Army of the Storm King will raise the strength and speed of the adventurers at the Gates, while also imbuing thunder in their equipment. The duration and power, though, varies according to the affinity with thunder that the person affected has.

Kuma Desu, Nurman, Carm and 5 others like this.
  14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    PoV Tene​

I'm steadily gathering mana, good. I should be able to restore my human form now, although I won't be as strong as usual for a while. BUt before I do that, I should first check the situation around me. I grow a few small bulges of flesh on my core, big enough to contain simple and primitive sensory organs.

The situation I am in is rather unexpected and perplexing. Presia seems to be defending a group of workers which try to figure out how to help me, most scared and some strangely entranced. Or were, because me growing flesh obviously seems to have shocked them. This is no time to hesitate, I have to move quickly.

Within seconds, I am back to my human form, while also having inscribed a mana gathering formation in my flesh around my core in an attempt to increase my mana gain. I will just call those secondary formations from now on.

"Thank you for your help," I say to the workers, and then continue to shout to Presia: "I am fine now, but we have to get them to safety! I'm not as strong as I should be yet, so I will have to rely on you!"

With the first communication done, I start transforming my fingers into claws to increase my combat power and change parts of my skin to the diamond-like form in order to serve as protection against damage. Every bit of mana is important for me right now, so I don't want to take unnecessary damage.

OOC: Aeternus maintenance district.
    Tene has partially recovered. It will take some time until Tene has regained its strength completely.
    @JinVodka

Nurman, Carm, AliceShiki and 5 others like this.
  15. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was now currently outside a large barn in the agricultural area. The farmer here together with his family refused to evacuate. I can't just let them alone here open to any attacks.

So right now, I'm walking around the premises setting up devices. They look like a special antenna but they don't emit signals. They are called Active Denial System or Heat Ray they worked by firing up high-powered beam at 95 GHz towards the target. This is quite similar to a microwave oven but gave a guarantee to not give any injury. This will only make any creatures' skin hot not wanting to stay in near the place. But not to those spiders since they will highly to explode. Just like earlier when I activated the first heat ray.

I needed to cover all areas of the barn to make sure nothing goes inside. After I completed placing all the heat rays, I went back inside. I told the farmer and his family about my plan and to wait here. I will turn off the heat ray once everything is safe and an alarm will sound off signifying that it is already safe. They nodded and I could hear a relief from them when they couldn't see me.

I continued on my way towards the closest civilians in my mini-map. At the distance, I see some half-orcs which I recognized due to gathering data in the Guild Library and saving it to the database.

These guys are said to be controlled. So I have to make sure not to kill them and just capture them alive. I pulled a tranquilizer gun I found in an abandoned zoo in my world. I aimed it to the four half-orcs before they can even notice me.

They staggered around sleepy before falling to the ground unconscious. The civilians were shocked seeing them down.

I went close to them and identified three women with small wounds.

"Why did you kill them they were our friends!!!" A loud angry voice came from a girl with blond pony-tail as she went close on a male half-orc. It seems like the half-orcs are her acquaintances. It is better to explain myself and ease her worries.

"I'm sorry to scare you, I'm part of the adventurer guild," I explained as I show the item box. Since this is the only thing I thought that I could use to identify myself as part of the guild. I just hope they would believe me.

"Even if you are an adventurer that doesn't excuse yourself in killing them!!" Another girl with brown hair stood up in front of me while pointing her finger.

"Let me explain, they are mainly unconscious. Why don't you check their breathing to confirm." I advise as I keep guard to incoming enemies. Suddenly as I magnified my sight, I noticed flying ravens in the sky some emitting radiation.

The blonde finally noticing the breath of the half-orc went pale. I notice how they turned silent as they look at me. Before they could open their mouth I already leaped high above towards the sky where the flock of ravens are.

SWOOSH!!!

A loud wave of air was created as I propelled above at fast rate. As I grow nearer to the flock, I grabbed a raven with a spider.

BOOM!!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

Multiple ravens and spiders died, but some still survived. I quickly fall to the ground facing towards the monsters. Since my body is made of metal and wires. I'm weight a lot but this also helps in certain circumstances.

I noticed the ravens are aiming at me, which is good. Since some of them have a spider it best to let myself get hit for them. Since I'm wearing kevlar bodysuit my skin will be safe. I covered my face with my arm and let myself get hit as I fall down.

BOOM!!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

More explosion was made until all the ravens are dead and I landed to ground safely by rotating my body to lessen the impact.

The girls were shocked to see me covered in black dust from the explosion. I walk towards them as I piled up the half-orcs in my shoulders and carry them. "I'll lead you all to the safety."

They only nodded as they followed me silently towards the nearest safe place the barn.

[Agriculture Area: Aime will continue evacuating civilians here]

Nurman, Carm, AliceShiki and 6 others like this.
  16. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "...However, let's take a break for now, Liya can you watch the surrounding monsters ?"
    [Hm.]

Probably wondering why I'm not going myself, I began using Mutation more intensely.
    My organs are even in a worst state now, first it should destroy the yellow me then me. My body became colder, if I had to make a guess, it'll be around 15 ? Oh well it's still freezing.

[Most dangerous, Griffon, far away, surrounding us there's many goblins, half-orc walking toward Aeternus Portal Gate, so our only problem are the spiders and ravens if we stay still without protection.]
    "Alright we should advance until we are at five kilometers from the portal, then I will make in sort that we are locked in a Ice Dome."
    [At least they may be able to see us.]
    "...I want to rest..."
    (Uhm... Sir we are not entering ?)

Rudely, they came asking me what we will be doing, obviously they want ro influence us by wanting to enter to their dear home or at least to be protected by someone most powerful.
    Reasonable yet stupid if they want to save everyone.

"It depends, if we are ready to give up on half of us, we can go right now but do you want to ?"

Of course, they didn't.

The poison eliminated I began to throw up a light grey blood, it became silvery then.
    At least I won't die for my own foolishness.

- - -

I sighed... we half succeed, we were stopped by spider but like the many times earlier, I protected ourselves with an ice wall, they... exploded on it...?
    Lucky that I didn't not try to fight head on, so my ice walls are now thinner to save up mana, I may not be poisoned anymore but my skin is currently almost not-existing.

My flesh is disgusting, silver.
    Ahah, money is my blood.
    Just kidding otherwise it would have been golden. Even more disgusting.

Oh well, my monstrous mana half-depleted, is now used to make ice arrow to kill ravens, or mostly the spiders who are on them so they can explode mid-air.

[Enemies at one hundred meters]
    "Tsk... come here, I'm going to make an Ice Dome"
    (...Alright.)

We are at ten kilometers of Aeternus, let's just sleep for now...

- - -

The Ice Dome, the ceiling is at four meters above the ground, the Dome is probably five meters wide.
    Impressive.

Unfortunaly, Cinere fell asleep when he made it, and he really fell, literally.
    When I saw his body, I felt bloodthirsty and disgusted at the sight, around the face, it's alright but the rest...
    I cut my wrist and gave me my blood, considering his good adaptivity factor, he should be able to treat the curse by himself and get at least his skin back.

(Hey... it's cold, shouldn't we...)
    [Friend could you give these woods to everyone so I can make a fire for everyone ?]
    (Really ?! Thank you kind sir !)

They are tiring, wanting to leave just because it's cold, if it's Cinere's ice, it won't be melted.

The twins came to me and asked me if they can take care of their savior, I agreed to this, these kids are good.
    At least there's some hope to this world.

Sometimes there's some light impact and explosions, it's probably the monsters trying in vain to destroy this dome.

[I should keep an eye open on, so you can take a nap right now, afterwards I shall see what we can do.]

Wait and see.
    It's the best way to preserve this peace among us.

OOC : So actually, he is taking a nap behind the half-orcs a bit away (10km) from Aeternus Portal. It may create some disruptions~
    Still trying to save people~

17. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    <Jin Vodka POV>

Jin was covered by flames and is full of pain as his body starting to turn into ashes pieces by pieces. His expression is empty as he have no more strength. The life in his eyes slowly disappears.

He looks above and sees a white light brighten up which slowly erasing the flames around him. Suddenly he saw a white rain of light falling towards him. The light falls down as it touches his skin as it heals and returns his body to its original form while easing the pain.

Jin heard a familiar voice full of worries. He couldn't help but smile as he heard the voice and he stood up.
    He slowly moves towards the light disappearing from that hell.

Jin slowly opens his eyes as the holy in his body recovers. As he moves his head he sees Hikari calling out to him.
    As he tried to open his mouth, suddenly Jin heard a word [conquered] and sees Ton flying towards Hikari. Ton slam to the tired Hikari making him wide awake lying down speechless.

"Hikari-sama are you alright!?" Jin quickly stood up as he holds his head. Still staggering from the after-effects of losing control and being possessed by Gnev. The flames wings start disappearing while the horns disintegrating. The magma covering his body falls apart as it shows his upper body covered by burned mark and blood.

"......." Jin blush and then turned pale as he quickly took a new shirt to cover his upper body. His shorts and boots are also wet from the dragon mouth.

"[Cleanse]," Jin immediately uses basic purify spell to clean his clothes and appearance. As he observes the situation, he sees Razogul busy saving people from the blob inside the dragon body.

"Sigh... I made a great mess." Jin could only sigh as he holds his head. Even though he has no control over his body. He was still seeing his every action in that hell. 'I should make amend for my actions.'

Jin seeing the dragon was too powerful for the normal him. He focuses and calls upon Stolz as the ice wings appear on his back and four stag-like ice horns on his head. Since he was no longer blinded by rage the connection of him with Stolz was recovered. In this form, he will be calm and collected not easily affected by any influence. But before he faces the dragon.

Jin looks towards Hikari and Ton. He could only nod at Ton since it's their first time meeting each other.

Jin then looks towards Hikari giving a faint smile full of guilt. "Hikari-sama, I'm very sorry for the trouble I cause...."
    "Also, thanks for saving me," Jin shows a wide smile which a faint blush on his cheeks. He then grabs a certain object in his item box.

"Please accept this as an offering, this is a [Living Golem Core]. It already has special runes and concentrated magic power from me. I hope it will compensate to the boons you have given me when I haven't offer anything. But those boons have saved my life twice now, so I'm very grateful." Jin handed Hikari the living golem core filled with elemental rune and magic since it was the most precious item he has.

"I will do my best Hikari-sama, from now on I will never lose control and will do my best as your follower." Jin kneeled down as take an oath. He quickly stood up and give a reassuring smile before looking at the dragon.

"First is to save the hostages and assist Raz," Jin slowly flew above. His wings waves as it releases gentle snow. His blue eyes glow with determination.

OOC: @brasca123 gave a special living golem core (I'll take it out from inventory once received).
    Going to support @Razogul and save hostages from the dragon.
    @NiQuinn @Nurman

Nurman, Carm, leegood and 7 others like this.
  18. HELLiCOPter

HELLiCOPter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaa! Stop ! My head became dizzy. I vomited on the hand of that strange dragon. To my surprise it helped. Well maybe because I ate too many spiders and scorpions before the raid. Potent mixed poison became like acid.Also I grew many spikes out of my body. Imagine holding a poison giant cactus. Because of such pain he let me go. There won't be next chance. I said to the people inside.
    -Hold tight-
    Something fell inside my mouth. I don't know what was that but I felt such power inside me.
    Critic mass transformation!!!! Armadillo!!!! I became a giant ball , in this form I will move faster.
    OOC: @brasca123 , @JinVodka , @Razogul watch out , I can injure you if you will be on my way . Also you can throw the hostages inside me , hole on my right side

Nurman, JinVodka, Razogul and 3 others like this.
  19. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    ---------------- Side Maligno ----------------

This battle was indeed annoying. I couldn’t kill anyone, just disable them. That was a problem since it doesn’t fit my fighting style, but it can’t be helped…

I was using two knives soaked in makeshift paralysing poison and trying to dodge the thunders.

At some point, a weird guy just popped up, being carried by a wolf girl, and threw a spell at the battlefield.

After this, a strange lightning current started to run through my body. I felt lighter, faster and even a bit stronger.

Plus, the knifes were now letting out some sparks, which helped fighting without killing. I guess I’ll stay here a little bit more while Master is away.

---------------- Side Kuma ----------------

Good. Most of the Holy Power users evacuated the battlefield. The only ones left was a slightly bigger one, next to a really big one. By my estimates, it was probably a deity.

The other ones, the ones who couldn’t evacuate in time, died. At least half of the ones that were here when I arrived weren’t able to survive after the Giant Dragon appeared.

I feel like I can finally get out of this damn mist now that I don’t need to be a decoy. Flapping my wings, I flew high to exit the mist who was devouring my energy slowly.

It seems like the Dragon noticed that I was trying to go away, and snapped out from his confusion and turned his attention to me. Well, shit…

---------------- Side Mirea ----------------

Flying back to the sky, I carried a corrupted treant that was burning in my claws due to the fire covering my body.

Dropping his dead body to the ground below, I canceled the flames and started watching the battlefield.

Hikari had stopped the Dragon for a while, but he was already back at moving. Some reddish arrows were flying about, and Raz was slicing some orange things in the Dragon’s body and a blue winged person appeared to help him, but the creature seemed to disregard both for a moment and focus on someone else.

A single white winged person flying in his direction covered in a blue mist.

[Is that… Kuma?]

She was trying to gain altitude, although not that fast. It seems like the she was really weakened by the Dark Mist at this point. And she was being chased by a group of giant flying butterflies.

[I should probably help her.]

But before I could act, the Giant Dragon acted. He was targeting the weaker enemy nearby. The gargantuan monster moved his head to catch her and the flock of butterflies with his mouth. Without the speed to avoid it, Kuma was swallowed whole.

I could feel her energy being sucked as she went down his throat, in a slightly faster pace than it was when she was inside the mist.

OOC: And here~ My probably last post in the raid for a while~
    I'll try do things Maligno (and maybe) in the ones after, but my focus now will be my other characters (clones) for now~

Nurman, Peony, JinVodka and 8 others like this.
  20. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    At the border of Aeternus, in the recreational district

*Crush crush crush*
    Ignoring the living armor which has several stretched "arms" full of mouths which are eating serpent-womans and Griffins alike, Biel crush the head of the last monster in some blocks...

It sure was helpful that all of them were perfect still while she executed them, the only problem was that some citizens had gotten caught on her mind magic, so she had to find and remove the order to stay still one by one...

Wondering how things are going in the other places Biel use her magic to null gravity around her and set off the ground...
    There are still several Griffins in the air which is a luck thing for her since there are only enemies flying around here.

With her eyes gaining a deep purple glow which even sipped into the cracks over her face Biel call out her magic [Chaotic Maelstrom]

[​IMG]
    The sky above the recreational district of Aeternus darkens like it was night, and what appears to be a small black hole form on the skys of Aeternus above the recreational district forming a vortex which pulls the flock Griffins towards it....

On the ground a large wind turrent assault the streets and buildings, tends start to fly off sucked by the vortex, and small objectives too...
    .... Fortunately the magic was made using only half of the necessary energy making it stop after 5 minutes....

But even so the sky over recreational district was clean.... Clean enough for Biel to see the flock of Ravens arriving at it....

OOC: There are no more Griffins at the Recreational District (for now)

[SUB-QUEST ACTUALIZATION] - Explosive Ravens Flock
    Area: Recreational District/ Farming District

Thanks to the work of the adventurers 1/3 of the flock was killed, But now they arrived at the other districts and now they became agressive.
    The Ravens carrying spiders will throw themselves at high speed against the adventurers and explode.

PS: Thanks to @Peony 's poison mist the Ravens are avoiding the Central Area.

[SUB-QUEST ACTUALIZATION] - Half Orc Horde
    Area: Aeternus Gates
    Thanks to @The Everdistant Utopia everyone's equipment has being enchanted with Lightening attuning.
    Adventurers stuck by lightning will have the damage cut of to 2/4 or 1/4 depending on their affinity to lighting.

The first line of shields users from the Sentinels is joining the melee fight using their maces.

Nurman, Peony, JinVodka and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.