Recommendations (challenge?)Isekai harem without beta male and not ero novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Silvertin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started thinking about it, and I began to wonder ... Is there even a good novel that has a hero (not necessarily summoning) with a harem, not a dense or beta male MC, yet also not also not an ero novel? I know harems can be a deal breaker just to even see the word. But personally I find some of them hilarious, and from what I have read they can be vastly different in many aspects (but that is its own thread). Be it from the harem fighting with each other over who gets the MC, maybe some funny shenanigans like you might see in Infinite Stratos (MC more dense than a neutron star), To-love-Ru, or Ichibian no Daimou (Demon King Daimou).

You may wonder why I said, and not an ero novel? Funnily enough some of those I read fit the criteria and were great in a heartwarming way. I can't remember the name off the top of my head but it was one translated from Machine Sliced Bread. You are free to suggest some if you want, because hey, its a good read anyways right?

Some people ask what I mean by no beta male. I am referring to the guy's that have several girls with romantic interest in him, and yet despite the fact the MC knows that, the MC would either feel nothing for any of the girls, or would be too embarrassed to accept their feelings, or to be a person with essentially no spine and never standing up for themselves. It can also be a combination of any of the above. Seriously though, when I see those MC with several love interests and they do nothing, and have no relationship progress, it can be annoying. At which point its just "man up and get in there!" (not necessarily in that way you silly peoples). She loves you! Accept her (or their) feelings damn it!

I'd rather a harem that ends with polygamy. Why you may ask? That way you don't necessarily have the girl your rooting for lose :blobowoevil: Besides, I find those to be a happier ending.

Woops! Looks like I have to get going now, I'll be back in about an hour or two to edit this and finish the post. Expect the title and content to change, as I am not sure I even really want isekai harem, but hey adds to the challenge right?

I leave you with a funny and vaguely related quote from Rick and Morty "Like men capable of sustaining a platonic friendship is an attractive female co-worker. Entirely hypothetical"

*edit the post was edited and more complete now.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez, first we have to define " beta". Then we need to judge if your idea of non beta can be non aggressive( think non beta slice of life WN). Then the harem... This is a tall order dude, almost entirely subjective.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. Lustful

Lustful Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obligatory not self-advertisement: 108 Maidens of Destiny

Ends in polygamy, has a protagonist who is moral but not shy about getting sexy with his ladies (especially later in the story), and he will get what he wants, by any means necessary.

7. Carthix

Carthix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. sab19

sab19 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. DeadZky

DeadZky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you meen by beta?
    Is not touching any woman beta?
    You want the MC to touch all the harem members?
    Welp.. theres a lot of harem isekai novel that ends up with multiple wives..
    so wheres the chellenge?

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, tall order is why i added the (Challenge?) in parenthesis. I was also in a relative rush when I originally wrote the thread. Not feeling too good after coming back so I will probably do this more proper tomorrow. To answer the question quickly though, the quote below about summarizes what I meant though.
    (part of explanation in response to other quote above). The not touch any woman or even have a romantic interest in them kind of beta, its not really a term I use or come across often but the impression I got from it so far was pretty much that, and being a pushover (gah, queue the damn PTSD-esque flashbacks to saint healing is inferior to my own.)

As for specifics on touching all harem members could go without detail. doesn't necessary have to be a harem with night battles for everyone. I think Kujibiki had that maid that was just specifically mofu mofu adorableness, so I guess that is sort of part of a harem, but not quite in a romantic and night battle sense? As for a harem isekai ... well, they don't always do the harem's justice.

I think many people hate harem's specifically because the one's they read are kinda shallow or cobbled together. Mushoku Tensei did it well though, every girl had her story and a pretty good reason why they fell in love etc.

13. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i consider satou from death marth as beta i mean i know he having sex with prostitute or something still he don't even care about the girl with him at all which is weird some not even loli and openly interesting in him and he end up brush them all off instead, in the end out of no where interest in million year old girl instead this part seem really ..forced

Try World Reformation Activities of the Dark God

I expect the worse like girl flocking/head over heel the moment he met them but it not it actually has some development and harem are going along nicely doesnt seem force at all

14. Synders

Synders La Persona Superiore a Dio

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still at the very beginning of that first title, I couldn't get too into it at the time, i'll revisit it sometime.
    I couldn't get into Summoned Slaughterer too much, MC is a bit too bloodthirsty for my taste, i mean to just go and kill that reaper guy after he gave you a gift? yeesh.
    I love Death March, a shame the MC can't get a break on a romance he really wants though. I grew to love the god of loli jokes though. Loli brigade wall prevents him in both a slightly sad and an especially hilarious way. His harem (unofficial) is either several hundreds or around a thousand now. Its too funny! :blobpopcorn: Poor sap doesn't even know the countless marriage proposals he has waiting for him. May they have mercy on his soul! :sweating_profusely: :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    I like Kujibiki, good read, Hikari for most adorable daughter!
    I actually read that story a little bit, but stopped early on as there weren't that many chapters and they are just setting out to a mountain or something (I can't remember details). It showed promise though.
    Not too into Summoned Slaughterer. I didn't know about World Teacher. Well, I recall reading some of the manga before. I honestly didn't think it was a harem from the impressions I got ... they do actually get together right?

Mushoku Tensei was a good read, I completed that series, well, mostly. I haven't read the sidestories after the epilogue.
    The ending was good, but I couldn't help but pine for the MC to gain immortality or something, He was so strong and so capable! Warrior waifu parted in the best way she could ... and Roxxi ... poor Roxxi, but at least she is still going!