TV irony in tv program aired?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by adislt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    You knkw in my country,cartoon such as tom and jerry and spongebob have many scenes are cut of based on reason most of that scenes are inappropriate for children ( scenes like how jerry beat up tom or any cast of tom and jerry get into an accident)
    But ironically the tv stations in my country produce what we call " sinetron" or if i directly translated it to English is electronic cinema ( sinetron= sinema elektronik) where in that stuff full of scenes where two groups of teen fighting, and scenes where every problem they faced solved with violence, or they pictured lot of unhealthy school life ( for example: riding motorbike on the road without helm, truancy, use of dirty language, use of inappropriate behaviour like bullying kidnapping and etc) and most of prime time slots full of uneducatinal problem like gossip program, or a comedic show where their definition of comedy is " degrading someone or insult someone physically or mentally"
    So is your country also face things like this?

2. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Here in America, we have Fox News

Someguy666, Paps, Sharudeis and 9 others like this.
  3. Mr Pancakes

Mr Pancakes Well-Known Pancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch or tv channels since everything is terribly dubbed so I don't know. Where are you from?

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those Indonesian drama are bad
    Especially the long ones.

Like every mother in law got to be villianously evil. They must have watched Cinderella and be like... these evil mothers and daughters ... let put them IN EVERY DRAMA WE HAVE

its basically a cliche

Suijin and adislt like this.
  5. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't watch much tv, but the telenovelas are drama bricks that hit you upside the head.

They kinda frustrate me with their plot...

6. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    you're missing CNN

Someguy666, Delirious, Enigma and 2 others like this.
  7. Drakolous Maxima

Drakolous Maxima 《一条龙》

Reading List:
    Link
    The only stuff we get trickles down from America and Britain (other than like the documentaries)

8. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Indonesia, the only salvation is if we use tv cables services, but if you only depend on what normal tv stations offer.. . it's not really fun experience
    And thefunny things is they aired cartoon like dora,scooby doo, spongebob at 2 or 3 am, but start aired gossip program on full power at 8 am, so far there only one tv stations that have proper program in my mind

9. DeadZky

DeadZky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time since I last watched tv because bad programs are everywhere. Really, they need to add more anime

Saitama.sensei likes this.
  10. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you and also, why tie yourself to the tv schedule when you've got the internet! :aww:

11. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol~~ what's really ironic is, here in America we also have a gossip program around 8 and show foreign cartoons in the middle of the night~~~ I used to tape them so could watch them in the morning :p
    Though things like spongebob or scoobydoo are only on cable here~ our free cartoons are probably unheard of since they're really lame and educational xD

12. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in indonesia you get a drama series that not only make the one watch it sick, but to the point many of the actor or actress that starred on it want to quit
    Oh another trend is...how to say it.... let's you imagine a series about Cinderella but Cinderella died on twenty episodes but the series is still goin on until one thousands episodes despites of main focus of the story dead

13. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    >censoring Tom&Jerry
    Do you live in the dark ages?

14. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some channels' news arent suitable for children's eyes especially the dinner time ones. I would call local teachers who told children to watch news and accumulate knowledge stupid.

15. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    What could i say they said scenes where tom get hit by piano or pan are inappropriate and they cut it and you know sandy in spongebob or barbie? They censored their cleaveage or when they in bikini ( at some point i think people in tv stations thinking that people in home that watching their program are extreme pervert that will get extremely aroused only by looking at sandy in bikini or cleaveage of barbie doll)

16. BarryKaizer

BarryKaizer your crazy fairy godmother of death

Reading List:
    Link
    in New Zealand, we have too much drama shows and they are very boring well except outrages fortune which is a must watch

17. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    The media in general in America .........

18. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno since i also live in indonesia same as u and also many bunch of nuf members... but who care about tv anymore as we have internet... i only watch tv for live football/sport and stand up comedy...

19. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    tvri..??

20. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    I always get stressed and frustrated whenever I watch local shows here in the Philippines.

If its not the casts, the problem lies in the script. Most of the drama shows are so corny and plotholes. I don't if the production stuffs are stupid or they think that the audiences are stupid. The plot is predictable and recycle. Mostly it feels like I'm watching the same show with different cast. Last time, I watch TV three consecutive movies with their protagonist having the same name, setting and circumstances. And if by chance their is a good drama, they extend the show by giving the protagonist nonsense problems, killing some then introducing another one and some random case or assaults. Ugh, especially the old ones. For example, Fernando Poe, he is labeled as the king of action movie. What a joke! Most in his movies, he acts the same! He acts worse than a rookie actor! And the plot? The writers and directors must have not known imagination! Spending money to buy movie tickets to watch their shows is simply idiotic!

That's why I prefer to watch foreign shows, American or Korean. The plot is slightly recycle but atleast they offer some twist and turns in their shows.

Wow, I've rant so much ^^