LCD Talisman Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Awe 128, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    more like they dont wanna get hit when they r down cuz they 2 wary of the other side making a move after they exhausted :blobexpressionless:

2. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Self Destruct sequence is always the fastest way for MCs to get out. Must be the effect of the kitty, I thought the NPC allies were really going to die.

3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I've caught up with this.

My biggest peeve so far: the MC knows that his family is being persecuted and he is personally harassed everyday, and he's become fairly good at creating offensive and defensive talismans now, then maybe he should keep a batch of them on himself at all times! :blobReach: Perhaps some talismans would have come in handy for his brother and grandfather when they were ambushed? :notlikeblob: Yeah, they're just 1st tier talismans, but they could have been used to stall for time.

If he identifies himself as talisman crafter so deeply, why wasn't he always carrying his talisman paper, brush, and ink with him, especially after he got the magic storage bag. Perhaps some of the thousands of 1st tier talismans that he has memorized might have been useful on a dangerous expedition? :facepalm:

I am seriously wondering if "Talisman" Emperor will be like The "Alchemist" God, ie where 90% of the activities in the novel has nothing to do with the title. :hmm: Like other than Qin Hongmian (ch-16), the talisman otaku girl, has anyone used a talisman in this story so far?

And speaking of Qin Hongmian, if she's so fascinated with talismans, why hasn't she taken up apprenticeship with a talisman master?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Sircus and blablabla12 like this.
  4. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gotta point out that the MC did actually use a combo of talismans to save his brother from that young master's servant after he beat up the young master, but I agree with what you are saying. I mean he doesn't even make talismans any more, he became a spirit chef instead

blablabla12 likes this.
  5. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, right. I forgot about it.

6. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really surprised that so many people seem to enjoy this novel.
    Author just piles in things and events without thinking even a tiny bit of their implications and consequences.

"Tiny" Pine Mist City has the size of a "mere 5000 km".
    How can 3 cultivators detect two people leaving something the size of Australia?!
    Even if you assume he meant km^2, it is still 1/3 of Beijing...
    MC seems to be awfully well informed of events that happen millions of km away from him (despite spending all his time cultivating or crafting talismans)...

Li clan sacrifices dozens of people to a monster - and not a word from the General's Estate about it...

Author also has no idea on how to properly introduce power levels - what's the point of mentioning all of them at once right from the start? You have to gradually add higher levels, instead of burying readers in heaps of information that will become relevant only much, much later!

MC is extremely overpowered and gets one power up after the other, he easily gains enormous wealth...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    blablabla12 likes this.
  7. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ssshhh! Never talk about logic in chinese novels.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  8. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    That mountain-type treasure is less useful a weapon and more useful a pocket gym for him to train his Body Cultivation method.

9. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard this said before I started reading Chinese novels and it is so true. Numeric values seem to need a decimal point adjustments of 1 to 3 places to the left most times. And, I don't know if this was just a translations error, but I once came across inches and meters used in the same sentence. It's crazy.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Or understanding of character lol. 'shit how to write a female reaction, got it!'.:hmm:

11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 96: god I hope the mc slowly tortures and then kills Li Ming. Then sends his head to the Su Clan. Kind of a you're next message with it~

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hilarious how these people are still like 'STAY YOUR HAND' , like or what? you'll try to kill me? you'll murder everyone i know? Oh , wait. :hmm:

swordman009 and StuffedDuck like this.
  13. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We had 3 cliches in this chapter, STAY YOUR HAND, KILL HIM BEFORE HE GROWS and PIECE OF TRASH.

14. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine the author setting behind his laptop writing his novel and then thinking: "meh this is the best i can do for the dialogue, nobody cares for them in Chinese novels anyways."

elengee likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Typically i was picturing them yelling about chopping his body into a thousand pieces blabla, won't die with a whole body blabla, skin you and blabla.
    Where's the 'COURTING DEATH!', also it's funny where they're like if he's given time he'll become a calamity, yeah he'll need 5 minutes. *swallows down the spirit water stuff mid fight, breaks through*

16. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a little behind in my reading, but this caught my eye in Ch-92 where the scene changes to the Treasure Heaven Pavilion's owner's office:
    3km is 1.86 miles. Without elevators. Now I realize that everybody who's anybody could fly, jump, or run up that distance without a problem. But what about the maids, cleaning crew, and the ones who have to bring up room service? Does the Treasure Heaven Pavilion insists that their minions serving throughout the building all be cultivators too? That's a pretty rough requirement for a (probably) fairly low paying job.

MangoGuy likes this.
  17. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-100: :blobconfused: So why didn't he loot the bodies before going all scorched earth on the Li Clan's estate? They were elders, so they must be holding some good stuff in their magic storage bags or whatever. Even the destroyed treasure pavilion and pill refining room might have had some salvageable things. The Jadeflame Nine-Dragons Formation guarding screen was opaque, so it not like anyone could see him taking a little extra time to pillage the place. :blobhero:

blablabla12 and StuffedDuck like this.
  18. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've dig into some raws and where's the fucking talisman creation. The MC after leaving talisman shop hadn't picked up it once. Swords/sword formations/anything, but the talisman stuff. It looks like it is canned for a long time.

blablabla12 likes this.
  19. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was asking myself this. Does this hystory will have anything to do with talismans/talisman dao?

blablabla12 likes this.
  20. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At most he'll comprehend the heavenly Dao and be like wao, the universe is like a big talisman. :notlikeblob: