LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention that Ning needs constant combat against cultivators on par or stronger than him to quickly gain insight into things sword related, including the heartsword. Illusion and other things he could quietly train in and progress.Without combat, the heartsword would have taken him forever. Now that his heartforce is on par with his sword it is best that he started training in it now.
    I agree, a race that could mold treasures necessary to make Hegemon level entities (high level ones at that) definitely have a way to contend against universe weapons.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this what you think or is it a spoiler? Lol

3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda glad the fight ended quickly and Wind whatever got cucked and chocked on it hard but still... VERY anti-climatic!

4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Wind?

Maybe I'm just drawing a blank but I've no clue who you mean.

5. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Windsage? I can't remember that Daolord's name even though I just read it lol

6. Ale Cole

Ale Cole [FGO Newbie][Uninteresting][Onee-san Searcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well actually it wasn't, I was totally looking forward on how fast Ning would rekt the Dark Guardian. He just had to touch the rune so I knew he'd aim for evasion and strike.

And I really started to enojoy more DE with Ninedust as Ning's partner as he seems not to back off from Ning a bit even if Ning is steadly getting stronger

7. SunOverMoo

SunOverMoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it might also have to do with how incredibly hard it normally is for a breakthrough in heartforce. I mean theres a reason why the vast majority of experts are not able to become heartforce cultivators. I always thought that althoifh JN could probably have worked on the heartsword art in tandem with omega but it wouldnt have been practical (time wise) as the amount of heartforce he had at the 4th level was barely enough to use it a few times as well as the fact that IET doesnt time skip (well, not long enough in comparison to non protagonist cultivators)

8. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but I was expecting the Golem to have some supper moves or abilities that would make him the true equal to a City lord regardless of using just 1 blade. I really wanted Ning and Ninedust to have a group confrontation against that daolord and make him eat shit... sigh.

I don't know what you mean by "not to back off from Ning" but there is like a 30% chance NineDust won't be around within 3 books and like a 100% chance Ning won't be with him after his level reaches the Hegemon. At most we'll see him periodically interacting with Ning's Avatar. IET wouldn't do such a thing like Kill off Ninedust at this point so yeah....

Ale Cole likes this.
  9. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Winesage.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  10. Ale Cole

Reading List:
    Link

True, he might disappear but he's like not afraid of Ning or adores him blindly like other does. (Remember that construct friend he had)

So yeah Ninedust is like a rare peer he never had.

Also it's a golem-like guardian. Golems never have special abilities except high specs. The guardian is as strong as the 8 palace Lords, and as fast, but Ning abilities worked him well-being unlike Winesage as he only needed his way to the rune.

It was explained last chapter, and previous guardians were just like this, without abilities except their strength and power of cooperation.

11. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey these are super mega level Golems created by a race that tried to rule all the multi-verses and you telling me when the Golem came out like a badass and said to them: "You can use any type of domain art or secret art" while giving them a disinterest look, you didn't expect shit to go down? I remember that all of these Golems are able to look on to the others fights so I expected the Black Guard was well aware of Ning's high speed and other things. I expected a good fight but all I got was a bulldozing.

I will admit though that I haven't paid much attention to Golems in DE, I especially looked over the fact that they don't have special abilities.

Ning's friend didn't follow him blindly, that kid was very young and talented when Ning met him and that kid idolized Ning like a Big bro. Ning was mentally and physically older than him so it wasn't blind just admiration. Ninedust is unruly I don't think he'd respect the Hegemon of their race if he was of equal power... A peer for now and a distant friend in the future.

12. Ale Cole

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, maybe that's why I like Ninedust. Probably just my own odd taste in what I read :v

And yes, you're right that guy was like a little bro to Ning. *Nods nods*

Tho remember that the CWT is just for training purposes and not something else (like the golems at the entrance) you'd ofc not want to kill you own even while giving them a sense of danger or difficulty, thus the limitations and abilitiesif the Golden, Crimson and Dark guards.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    NineDust I really have no problem with him, I hope he can raise in power and follow after Ning but with only 2 daos I highly doubt he can follow Ning's path. Really its just a question of how many more books is he going to be around for? I say once Ning makes it to Verge Level Daolord (which he'll most likely step into once he breaks through from 3rd Level Daolord) NineDust won't be any help and just play the role of a straight man as he reacts to how amazing Ning is.

Its a shame how that dudes wife had to die for no reason. I doubt there is above a 40% of Ning resurrecting her when he's stronger than the hegemons and can do it with minimal effort. Its a damn shame.

I still wanted a bit more umph in that chapter though... well whatever. It just means I get to see the next set of trails sooner and him Possibly resurrecting his wife within the next 2-3 books.

Ale Cole likes this.
  14. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no it's what I think/thought and I was obviously wrong :p

15. SunOverMoo

SunOverMoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless he manges to complete his dao merge and become an eternal emperor for which he'll probably stikc around even when Ning is at the verge

16. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    What I'm saying is that once Ning hits the Verge he'll most likely be a strong or stronger than those City Leaders and even if Nine Dust passes his verge and becomes an Emperor he's won't necessarily be stronger than the City leaders. Why do I say this? By himself he wouldn't be able to beat the Black warrior and he's already at the Verge. The black warrior doesn't have any special abilities and can't be considered the true equal to the City leaders yet all he can do is slightly hamper his blade and movement. As an Empereor he might be abl to tie with a City leader at most! At verge Ning may be able to deal with 1 or 2 City leaders in a protracted battle or 1 head on.

NineDust won't be any help at all and may even have to venture back to his homeland after becoming an Emperor.

17. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could have sworn that it was stated that Ninedust was a daolord who had managed to perfectly fuse together two supreme daos. I also recall it being stated that someone who had fused two or more supreme daos would become a hegemon after succeeding in their daomerge. If I'm correct on both these points then Ninedust would definitely be stronger than the leaders of the sacred cities.

18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I forget who said it but i tend to agree with this broad breakdown.

2+ Fused Supreme Daos = Hegemon Level (Whatever Ning becomes will be higher than this)
    2+ Supreme Daos = Sacred Lord Level
    1 Supreme Dao = Elite Emperor
    None of the above = Shit Emperor

19. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that was me
    or at least i also think of them this way

Viola likes this.
  20. Dragonking360

Dragonking360 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that it doesn't matter if you have 1 supreme dao or 5, as long you don't fuse them you can only use one as your main dao as you become a daolord.