Discussion HAREMS, waste of novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fiftyshadesofsucku, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Most harems are like that...
    Thats why only novels R-15 or 18 have good harems...

Btw Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi and Pure love x Insult Complex are the best harems out there.

2. jessessanto

jessessanto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see the loli tag is it just a token loli or a harem member that he fucks loli? if it's the latter i'll avoid it not my cup of tea.

4. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Defroma

Defroma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yea but you can think a few intersting things that will last for tens of chapters and have the mc chasing other maidens ?

6. Shuchou

Shuchou Simplicity is the easiest path to true beauty.

Reading List:
    Link
    ofc its a waste for u cuz u like reaading yaoi

7. Night crawler

Night crawler Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still a harem just not romance but it can be argued that if you have a harem you probably don't care about the girls that much anyway I mean you are technically cheating on them...

8. Defroma

Defroma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True but if you are someone important then you need to leave a few sons behind to continue your bloodline thats why the imperial harem exist

9. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

i think the only novel i read that i dropped purely because of the way the harem was handled would be AST. the whole plot devolved into repeated crafting, screwing harem member, crafting, running off to some other harem member and screwing them, killing somebody, running from their backer, and then starting all over. maybe getting laid a few more times between each step.

i don't think harem isn't inherently bad, but some (most) novels don't really do a good job of it. they'd be better off just describing the MC as an immoral or loose person, rather than some upright and loyal fellow that just so happens to collect and screw anything with boobs before completely moving on and never mentioning them again. unless they're a recurring fuck buddy with no real personality beyond their gender, anyway.

would be far easier to justify sleeping with these people if they cut out the MC acting like he's gonna have a proper relationship with everyone he meets/saves. much more understandable of a situation than some girl they just met pledging their undying affection, supposed virginity, and nearly eternal soul to them. would also like to see more women go bat-shit crazy after the MC practically forces themselves on her, instead of falling madly in love.

would be great to have a girl turn yandere, stalk the MC, and go after everyone he's tryin to collect maybe even recruit a few to her side. i would love to see that sort of villain show up to force home how much of a dick he is to play around with so many people. actually teach him a lesson, since it's not like a CN novel could handle killing off their MC or make them personally take responsibility for their actions, unless they're gonna pull a Kenny and say they miraculously managed to survive through the awesome power of their mustache or straight up revive 'em, cause death is never the end.

Akashura, Danis, mir and 1 other person like this.
  10. Baddiez

Baddiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't monogomy a modern concept? Atleast on the scale that we see it across the world now?

11. Defroma

Defroma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen the skin of the mc how thick is ? Do you really think someone like them can say: 'Oh hey take this pill and lets have some fun' i mean all thkse schemes would turn into nothing and that means a lot less chapters and scenes for description for CN novels so

In some countries you can jave more than two wives

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  12. KyleXreX

KyleXreX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you must be indirectly hinting us something, are you finally getting out of the closet? someone give this tsundere some yaoi material :LOL:

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I-I-It's not like love the p-p-penis or anything! :blobwoah:

14. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What harem novels need is at least some more light romance as holding hands, hugging, kissing and definitely some more characterization of the MC and his harem communication with each other. These days is just spineless/beta/lackluster/OP male MC that receives harem because of reasons like this childhood friend, kindness, and finally being too OP for some power they even didn't work hard for.

15. Defroma

Defroma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yea but can you imagine when the girlfriend friend that the mc is someone from another world? I would prefer something lime that of course in the end the mc must end with the girl

16. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Another harem discussion thread...Instead of showing how much you hate harem, you should make a thread of how much you love normal romance.
    Spread the love, not the hate.

17. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It also needs to add more depth into relationship instead of just getting together cause their from different worlds instead just moving on to the next girl to add to the imperial harem.

18. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, it would help if you made your reading list public, if you wanted comments on the novels you've read.

And well, harem as a genre can be extremely vague, so you can't really expect all of them to be like the original harems in history.

19. Defroma

Defroma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you hate something and you announce it to the whole world the you will gain the attencion from others for various reasons + humans like come together and form a giant party and do stupid things but if you say i like that or this they are going to say well okay who care or something lile that and lock the thread

20. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    Bromance is the only way to go.
    1. cant get NTRd
    2. Usually completely faithful
    3. Almost no unnecessary drama
    4. (This is biased cuz idk what love is)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.