LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CreamPuffDelights

CreamPuffDelights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By definition that would make almost every single xianxia/xuanhuan with a female character as NTR. All of them, without exception, will always drag the romantic interest away from the MC for extended periods of time, whether its so the MC can focus on battles/cultivating, or if its a short cut so they dont have to write a long ass scenario and simply let the girl magically catch up with him, or they just purely suck at writing romances.

Applies even to Immortal Mortal, let's say take we the two girls with the most potential to be the female lead here so far: Yan'er and Cen Shuyin. Both cases are classic "circumstances drag them away from the MC so they can turn up later on, inexplicably more powerful than any random mook has any right to be. Yan'er even won the purest-of-the-purest-of-the-purest kind of magical talent jackpot trope."

Outside of that? I don't see any girls having a meaningful relationship with him so far.

2. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not him getting NTR-ed. If I elaborate, it'll derail this thread. So I'll explain my POV in a PM.

3. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    So the medirian number 103 has detoxifying effects. What effect do the 101st and 102nd have ? apart from being more powerful? I think one is from lightning , but i'm not sure.

--------
    So she died just like that lol?
    I bet is another case where he'll preserve her body in an ice coffin and revive her when he's way stronger

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    What a pity, what a pity.

He discovered what it felt to be a man. Only to lose the only woman who truly appreciated him.

Post-humous wife... Who he'll never get to revive.

And an awakened ex-slave.

Sigh.

5. CreamPuffDelights

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol... poor Shuyin, now i really want to know if she revives or something... She actually sounds like a very reasonable person, especially that part where she admitted she wanted to have a proper love story unlike all the other ones where they don't mind sharing men because they want him to be happy.

That said, i am happily waiting for the day he decimates Star King Mountain. This is one of the few cases where I happily ignore that part of my sanity that says ruthless, root pulling MCs are a bad thing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Its melodramatic. However, it also says that he's closed his heart to any other woman. Yan'Er "lost" him this time.

7. CreamPuffDelights

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, stuff like that is always temporary at best. Plus, since she remembers him now, something will eventually happen. though i find it really sweet that he legit refers to shuyin as his wife now, even if she has passed away, which is why i'm rooting for her to the max to be revived.

That said, star king mountain and co must all die. horribly. not some silly shortcut like a laser gun. :<

8. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100-102 were elemental energy storages iirc.

9. kinunatzs

kinunatzs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone post the cultivation ranks and levels/layers

10. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does anyone else thinks that qidian has a lot of problems lately
    I can't access the chapter by ads

11. kykai

kykai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In ascending order [ Each stage has 9 levels for orthodox cultivators, except for Mo Wuji's 12 levels]
    Within each level, there's 3 realms,Primary, Intermediate and Advanced. If a cultivator is past the 9th level of each stage but yet to breakthrough into the next stage, their cultivations are referred to as "Great Circle of <insert stage>" e.g "Great Circle of Nihility God"

Channel Opening Stage
    Spirit Building Stage
    Transcending Mortality Stage
    The 3 stages mentioned above are collectively termed as "Mortal Realm"

Yuan Dan Stage
    True God Stage
    Nihility God Stage
    The 3 stages mentioned above are collectively termed as "Earth Realm"

Worldly Immortal Stage
    Earthly Immortal Stage
    Heavenly Immortal Stage
    The 3 stages mentioned above are collectively termed as "Heaven Realm"

12. Override

Override Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth Realm :
    -Yuan Dan Stage
    -True Lake Stage
    -Nihility God Stage
    Heaven Realm:
    -True God Stage
    -Worldly/Human Immortal Stage
    -Earthly/Earth Immortal Stage
    Fake Immortal/Immortal Stage :
    -Heavenly/Heaven Immortal

13. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm hesitating to read this novel. This novel don't seems popular, with low rating but lot of positive reviews. Is this novel worth to read? :hmm:

14. kinunatzs

kinunatzs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks both of you

15. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    This is absolutely bullsh*t!!! All that time we spent struggling with the MC to open his meridians (over 100 chaps), all that time we spent watching him get his ass kicked and nearly die every time he got into a fight, all that time we spent watching him run away for life because he kept attracting enemies that were way above his level (had enemies at the True Lake stage when he was in Channel Opening, that's a difference of 4 great realms), all that time we spent watching him eventually become a badass, and now he's back at level 1. That's crap. That's simply a bad job by the author. You don't make your audience go through all that crap at the beginning of the novel just to make them go through it again after we finally achieved greatness with the MC.

Crap. Absolute crap. I am angry. I'll bet this new "road to power" will be even longer than the original one, which was about 250 chaps until he became a badass. I'll eventually pick this novel back up again, but there's no way I'm reading through another 200+ chaps of MC being completely bullied and outclassed by even the roadside vendor. *sigh*

Two days I would have said that this is the best novel on Qidian. After that last chap however, I'm not so sure it's worth it.

Odorico, mrttao and sufod01 like this.
  16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you whining about nonsense? He'll probably have fixed his meridians within 10 chapters.

michoux likes this.
  17. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you're right. But across 3 novels (The Gate of Good Fortune, The Strongest Abandoned Son, and this one) doing things quickly is not Goose Five's style.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The Gate of Good Fortune the MC loses his cultivation from injury in chapter 85 and heals them in chapter 87. Later on he gets trapped in the forbidden land and his cultivation is sealed in 309. He regains it in 319.

Mo Wuji even implied that all he needs is to cultivate with some high grade immortal energy to recover. A few immortal crystals and he'll probably be fine. Heck, the girl he just met is currently offering to help him recover.

19. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a minute, wait a minute! This is going to happen again!??? Bullocks!

But I get your point. I just meant it takes too long for the MC to start kicking ass and taking names, in my opinion.

20. michoux

michoux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rejoice ! He regained his cultivation in 1 chapter
    All your worries were for naught