The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System fan fiction

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by alexfilia, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Gav

Gav [Fairy of the Garden of Evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    ATDSVT
    As to the crest which Sun Jin remembered and asked him to look for in the archives... Aoguang had found it did not, in fact, come from any branch of the Sun clans. There were actually two clans who still held the name Sun, both descended from a previous Imperial dynasty.

The first Sun clan was a noble line, which produced many scholar officials and occasionally imperial doctors, imperial librarians. Like most noble lines which had been descended from displaced or dispossessed Emperors and Imperial dynasties, they had originally been enfeoffed as dukes by the usurping dynasty when that rule had been just beginning in order to prevent any future revolts.

Over the centuries, the Dukes had become Marquises and gone downhill. Occasionally one or two of the scions who achieved a high rank serving in the Imperial court as an Imperial historian, poet, physician or librarian tugged the clan's position back upwards by a step or two, but in general they had been plateaued as Barons.

The second Sun clan was a military clan, noble and valiant, having provided many generals, tacticians, strategists as well as bannermen, the occasional warlords, field marshals and viceroys.

Neither crest matched what Sun Jin remembered.

What did match it, however, was a defunct, recently exterminated noble family.

Tbc

2. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh. I won't be surprised if he's a previous royals blood. I might be funny in a way though.

Nekura likes this.
  3. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    ATDSVT
    The Empire had a rather useful policy of assimilating foreign noble families who surrendered to them when they took over those nobles' home country or tribe's territory.

Creating honorary ducal ranks and enfeoffing the dispossessed royalty was normal, but noble families with existing fiefs and sufficiently skilled, well known generals who chose to side with or submit to the Empire without a fight were also valued.

Right after that, of course, the Imperial family (at the time!) stripped the now newly ennobled generals and nobles in question of their armed forces, save for token remnants to defend the families and the lands in question. Even then, nobles with really large amounts of land also sometimes had to lose parts of their estate, which were to be given as rewards to the people of the good families (often excess di sons or shu sons eager for glory and wealth) who had participated in conquering the country in question.

Those loyal sons of the empire were given forces to support them while the armed forces taken from the nobles who had surrendered and been enfeoffed were spread out around the now larger Empire to force them to acclimate themselves to their new duties and environment.

This method kept the people who would be most likely to revolt far apart from each other.

These enfeoffed noble families of foreign blood also had their crests inscribed in the archives the moment they gained their new status.

The crest Sun Jin had asked him to look for belonged to one of the noble families of a conquered country who assimilated into their new social position and after generations, had become well respected mainstays of society.

Ten noble families from that country had become barons or earls.

The crest belonged to the Suli family which was one of them.

The Earl of Suli and his entire clan had been wiped out during the very month that Sun Jin had been picked up by the ladies who had fled with him even as the estate burned.

The Earl's wife was a lady of the Sun family.

As there were plenty of people carrying the Sun name who had an ancestor either related to the Sun clans or that had served the Sun clan with such distinction they were given the Sun last name, perhaps the ladies who had saved him and cared for him had been intending to claim that he was descended from one of those notable exceptional servants instead, with the crest the only clue otherwise.

It was said that the estate was burned down by a sect of cultivators. It was hypothesized that this was demonic cultivators, but there was no real proof to sway an opinion to one side or the other.

The question, of course, was why would any sect of cultivators wipe out a noble family?
    Tbc

4. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a couple reason I can think of, one of them being the extremely7 cliches scenario while the other is a bit more complicated and deeper.

Now, the question is: what is the little Sun Bun's going to do?

Nekura and Gav like this.
  5. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    ATDSVT
    Investigating the Sun clan of nobles and the Suli clan was no laughing matter. For one, their land holdings and estates were in a fairly far province. For another, these were people who probably had some interest in politics and if they were active, they would not welcome any kind of investigation into their affairs.

In the Suli clan's case, most clans were wiped out due to politics. Investigating their deaths by looking for survivors... It was unlikely any nobles still survived. It was most likely the servants who fled and lived.

Asking nobles in the area would get quite a bit of attention and possibly lead to shenanigans and politics however there was nothing unusual about investigating the burned down estate. If nothing else, it must have had treasure hunters over it, eager to find anything that survived the fire or was left behind.

So, perhaps the ruins first, then ask around the inns and taverns?

Farmers who worked in this region, who would have sent their produce to the nobles who owned their lands, laborers, gardeners, and carpenters who had done work for the estate, manservants, maidservants who might have seen and once known them or about them.

That was the way one went about these things when they were on a demon hunt, or brigand extermination looking for rumors of what happened and where so they could narrow down the beast or group's hunting range and eventually the den. It wasn't quite the same but it was all they could do.

6. Azurite

Azurite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why do I feel that Sun Jin's side story will be full of convoluted plot and deep in politics?

Nekura, IzKir and Gav like this.
  7. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    do go ahead and tell me all your hypothesis or headcanons of this.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Nekura likes this.
  8. Nokita

Nokita Potato Who Is Procrastinating Many Things

Reading List:
    Link
    There are hundreds of pages R.I.P.

And the funny thing is that SQQ believes with all his heart that Yue is a gentlemanly sweetheart. That's my favorite scenario of a bellyblack character.

...The girly demon and her guys in that 3 duel thing are so gonna regret everything if they poison Shen Qingqiu and cause him to live on limited time. Though with Chibi SQQ having read the 'fanfiction' I wonder if he will even be poisoned. It wouldn't mean other things wouldn't happen.:blobpopcorn: RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL LMFAO LOOK AT THOSE KIRA KIRA TILES :blob_grin::aww::blob_grin::aww:
    (tbh i still don't understand how this roleplay 'room' you guys do work :sweating_profusely:)

I read them. I forgot to mention this before, but you are absolutely ruthless with everything. Like everything you write is like, no sugarcoating with the consequences of the characters' actions and the results are so... so... :blobfearful: It freaks me out, it horrifies me, and I love it. I have been reading fanfiction for a long time and your snips are one of the best mordbid/hilarious combi that I have ever seen. I prefer to black out in the gruesome parts because they hurt and prefer to remember the "I AM FIRE I AM DEATH" comedy parts to be honest. I usually can take sad things but you take it to a whole new level. :blobReach:

I desperately need brain bleach after reading the endings you recently wrote, expecially the one with the girl turning into stone. It's so bad I omitted the names from my mind even though I couldn't stop reading the descriptions. :sweating_profusely::blobfearful::sweating_profusely::blobfearful:

Sorry for not responding earlier. I went on to binge-read "My Disciple Died Yet Again" after procrastinating it for months and found that I loved it. I suffered for it. :facepalm::blobhero::notlikeblob:

Thankyou. :blobparty:

9. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:
    Glad you like them.

While writing I tend to have tabs from actual cnovel translations for references as to the fucked up things that happen on cnovel worlds open, along with wikipedia and some OCCASIONAL articles about things like mental disorders, mental trauma, veterans' traumas from wars etc. And I consult with Kageryuu.
    It results in something like this:
    :blobowoevil_horns::blobhero::blobsalt:

Nekura and Lunnear like this.
  10. DJdragone

DJdragone Commander of Food/Gav's Right hand Bun/leg lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this another masochist I see
    :blobsalute:

Nekura likes this.
  11. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit, discord went down!
    Edit:nvm it is back.

Is anyone online?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Nekura likes this.
  12. DJdragone

DJdragone Commander of Food/Gav's Right hand Bun/leg lord

Reading List:
    Link
    @Luen you might be busy but I needed to tell you this.......
    Remember when I said I used to make video on YouTube well I found some with me in them on some of my friends old channels mainly just one of them I posted it in the discord chat not posting it here I refuse to

Luen likes this.
  13. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    @alexfilia Document 14, so late updating this its on pg.32 already lol.....

14. Transdimensional 14

all docs are current as of now
    and @Sakhyu is on pg.40 of her doc =D just a little bit more until there'll be a doc2

Lunnear, IzKir, Nekura and 1 other person like this.
  14. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! ....the first page its updated now o/ :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

15. Gav

Reading List:
    Link