LCD The Skill Maker

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Oct 17, 2017.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Shance and MusKhar like this.
  2. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't find an LCD for this novel, so I made one just to rant.

Ch-41 shows his list of skills:
    Per Ch-27 when he leveled up to Rank-D, he should have 6 skill slots. So where is that passive Low Rank Recovery[D] skill? :blobunsure: He wouldn't be sucking wind so much if he kept it on.

He did have it when he gave it to Kim Yoo-Na's little sister in Ch-31. And it's not like it's difficult to get it back. Isn't he giving his parents a massage pretty much every night?

3. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Here!
    Oh wow, there wasn't a LCD for this yet?
    He made a bunch of that passive skill but since it wasn't THAT useful to him he didn't keep one for himself, I assume that he wants to keep 1 slot open in case he inadvertently makes a useful skill or something

Kaminiisama and SenjiQ like this.
  4. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, well. That was when he wasn't actually hunting. Now, he's actually exerting himself.

5. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    well doesn't really matter anyway since he can always make that skill whenever he wants and he may just be barely getting by and all but he can still scrape by without, I mean like, if the recovery was C ranked then maybe he'd keep it else just keep the slot open for a new skill, since I remember the recovery skill being a E ranked at most

6. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, since he didn't plan on keeping it forever, keeping it temporarily during "training" might give him a false sense of his capabilities, which would hinder him when he lost it...
    More importantly, his trainer is very observant. And she would notice his drop in performance later or worse, pick something harder since he can hack it.

7. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thatd be very smart.

8. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shance

@Xilphidae

@SerialBeggar

I'm the one who put up the pick up request for the series, also one of the ones to push for it the hardest and all but I haven't read it since that cringy scroll creation thing. I mean why bother? How can you not tell a notebook paper from an aged parchment?! Just look it up online or something...

Has the series gotten better? It was never bad but has he at least stopped doing that shit yet? I really wanted to enjoy it but I didn't think he'd go down the business path so fast.

9. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did it say they had to look like aged scrolls? But yes, it gets better if a bit fast. And now it bothers me, the scroll thing.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He should learn the beauty of wincest and only massage the sister!

11. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    But what scroll looks like college ruled or composite notebook paper? No matter how modern the scrolls looked don't tell me its going to look like last nights homework?

Its better to hit that little report button it'll catch their attention too

13. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the dummy scrolls bit was totally immersion breaking for this story. :facepalm: It would have made more sense if he was trying to sucker his fellow Carriers, but I'd still think they'd be smarter than that. You would think the MC would take a moment to research spell scrolls on the Internet, then buy some fancy paper, and take a shot at calligraphy to make it more believable. The author could have stretched the story for an additional chapter. However the author wants us to accept that veteran Hunters couldn't notice the MC's scrolls were just notebook paper and none of them would have been curious enough to unroll one just to see what an ultra-rare passive spell scroll looks like.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  14. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I've edited the first post with the translator's site's link. Is that what you meant?

15. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually if you read back, when he sold the scroll to the B ranked adventurer, he looked at him questioningly.
    Same when the A rank saw it... She seemed to be thinking... That's not a scroll... They're rare things scrolls. I thought that their confusion but not voicing it was good on the author's part
    I think the veterans trusted his reputation more than his scroll....
    Though I never pictured it as line paper

16. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    One wouldn't expect that things coming from a different dimension to look like a locally mass produced product.

17. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true, but the first guy was suspicious, the second guy was an idiot. And after that he had a reputation for giving scrolls. So people who haven't seen one before don't question it. Those that do, are willing to let it go since they get the skill...
    “Hm, is that the scroll?”

“Yes.”

Kim Yoo-Na looked at the scroll that Hyun-Soo was holding with confusion.

She looked as if she wanted to say something, but she bit her lip and remained quiet.

18. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    To make matters worse the author came up with a bogus explanation that rarely anyone actually finds a scroll and the general public doesn't know how it looks or how to use it... There are cameras and plenty enough show offs that I find this hard to believe. Writing that took more time than actually saying he did a bit of research and made a printed copy with imitation scrolls. I'm sure decorative would have been made since the portals and stuff aren't new. People make commemoratives out of anything! To make matters even worse the MC nor the Vet knew how a scroll actually worked! Wouldn't this have been made general knowledge to prevent hunters from tearing up scrolls when it's open to read? This a flimsy excuse that wouldn't work on vets if the rules are actually different.

I have faith the story would be good and will continue being good but this is a really stupid setup.

19. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    @Okuri Ookami first off thanks for the pick up request and now: yeah I never really got that scroll thing either but like @Magicwafflez I just chalked it up to his first two buyers being idiots/desperate and the others trusting him due to his reputation, anyway though, yes, he stopped selling scrolls for now in the latest chapters

@Xazch means the chat bubble like icon beside the chapter links on the home page and right beside the "Latest Releases" on the left, of the novel page

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  20. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Another thing about the MC's spell scrolls, it's just BS that nobody had kidnapped him to find out where he's getting the scrolls from. The MC "finding" the first scroll might have been luck, but every additional one he whips out should have cast ever stronger spot lights on him. Every buyer should have been able to sense that he's a lowbie and thus have no means to get at portals.

We've already seen several times that Kim Yoo-Na had to reserve and set appointments to access portals. And she's got clout as an A-rank. He's a nobody F-rank who can't possibly solo even a low ranked portal, so how is he getting access without a hunting party who'd see what he's doing (scrounging around) and probably strong-arm him to grab anything he finds. Is he rich and can employ his own hunting party? If so, then why bother with selling stuff, especially selling stuff directly on a forum.

So if he can't access portals, how can he consistently get scrolls to sell. Especially, scrolls of the same type of ultra-rare passive skill. Heck, the government should have been monitoring him. There's got to be some government agency who's has the responsibility of collecting information about these dimensional portals and their resources.