LCD Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    It guarantees he'll be able to reach the Tyrant Profound Realm I think, and probably increases his training speed dramatically after awakening.

2. Synn

Synn First Class Singularity

Reading List:
    Link
    >Since it’s a self-seal, then naturally, even I am unable to control it.
    Translation: you can't unlock this plot armor for mere throne bitches
    Wish author was more subtle about these convenient story lines

3. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone remember what happens to Xiao Yuluong (young master of the Xiao clan that YC crippled in the beginning).
    I'm not sure if he died or if he's still alive in his miserable state.

4. Aszure

Aszure #^#^

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he lives, but with broken foundation and body

5. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    Massive MASSIVE power up coming soon. Just hope he comes back before the war begins.

6. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else feel like Cang Yue's decision to fight is the most colossally stupid decision ever made?

Considering that a single Tyrant Profound Realm expert could flatten Blue Wind Nation, Divine Phoenix Sect has them in the double digits. Blue Wind's Strongest expert now is like.. what, Emperor Profound lvl 2? Her "pride" is costing hundreds of thousands of lives for absolutely no reason.

For once I feel like the Crown Prince was actually the only sensible person in the room and his words weren't in the least bit cowardly. She's just going to get millions of people killed for no reason, except that she feels "Yun Che would have wanted it this way." Yun Che is a genocidal maniac who has killed more people than than the minutes he's been alive, he is not the precedence a ruler should emulate.

I realize Yun Che will show up at the end of the day to save everyone (maybe), but she has no way of knowing that. Either way, she should have surrendered immediately. This is the equivalent of if the US military decided they wanted to take over some tribe of aborigines in Africa. WTF are they going to do with their pointy sticks and leather armor in the face of nuclear weapons? Absurd, terrible policies and she's getting millions killed for no reason at all. Stupidity. Sheer and utter stupidity.

Anown and ln_ like this.
  7. Evou

Evou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know when some nation lose their freedom and become enemy slaves the treatments they receive? it's worse than hell dude. Soldiers sacrificing themselves to protect the nation is normal. This, in fact, happens in a lot of novels. Like in TTNH iron cloud is very weak compared to another side. Does that mean they would give up? in galactic dark net earth is weak compared to other planets, even in the HTK the mc empire is a weakest. They never give up and lose their right to freedom. There are countless examples of such wars.

Check this conversation on Reddit to gain more enlightenment fellow daoist.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltrans...ie_shen_against_the_gods_chapters_478/d406sj4

8. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah~ Even people of the slums fight for their homes and houses too and its not because of pride.

I dont see Empress Cang Yue who cultivated Monarch Heart Arts would do that.

ln_ likes this.
  9. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    The ATG world hasn't struck me as a slave state though. The Divine Phoenix empire just wants the Purple Profound Crystal mines, I can't see them doing anything like wiping out the citizens or anything. They would just come under new governance.

10. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    True, seeing how lofty the figures they are the populace is probably going to suffer injustice and get trampled on but again that is just getting trampled by a different person. At least the whole empire doesn't perish.

I think the author is just trying to put the Blue Wind Empire into crisis but doesn't execute it well enough.

11. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sigh, that's why i said you need to read other royalty novels. It's given when a some empire win and conquer a nation. The loser would become slave of that empire. She also said this

Cang Ye! As a grand prince of the imperial family, how can you utter such outrageous and shameless words? Have you forgotten the atrocities Divine Phoenix Empire has inflicted on our nation? Have you forgotten how many of our citizens died to defend our country? Have you forgotten how our royal father died… In the face of this national grievance and in front of the bones of countless heroes, you dare to show such cowardly behavior and would choose to be a defeated dog…

On 2nd quote slavery is even mentioned.

If this empress does not kill you, then I really would not be able to face our royal father, and will let down all the ancestors of our Blue Wind Imperial Family! The fact that our Blue Wind Imperial Family has birthed such a wretched and cowardly degenerate who would rather be the slave of the enemy, is our true shame… There is no need to drag him outside, behead him immediately!!”

Okay, from what I saw these were the two main lines that he was going off of. Divine Phoenix Empire is definitely a bunch of piece of shit people, but at the same time these are two nations that are currently at war. I'm assuming the atrocities she's mentioning are the civilians being massacred because they're at war. "Citizens dying to defend the country," that shit's on her head, if she had surrendered there wouldn't have been any need to defend. When you assemble an army of 400,000 and a handful of Tyrant Profound realm experts come along and wipe them all out, that just proves how futile your resistance is. All those deaths are entirely on her hands, blaming the enemy when you could have surrendered just proves that you're an incompetent ruler and sent all those people to die. You might as well have drafted chickens for all the good it would have done you.

Second, "rather be a slave to the enemy" is pure hyperbole on her part. She's used to being a ruler, so having to take orders from anyone (because their nation had surrendered, they would be subservient to the Divine Phoenix Empire) would automatically make her a "slave". Her brother said they would be able to maintain their status, the rest of the sects have already capitulated to the Divine Phoenix Empire, they weren't wiped out or anything. There's no reason for her to be fighting a meaningless war.

12. datormentxd

datormentxd Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By now Cang Yue is broken as hell. She should get used to Yun Che's disappearings.

13. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. Lofty cultivators view anyone who doesn't have power as ants anyway. I imagine the regular citizens of the Divine Phoenix Empire are treated the exact same as the conquered Blue Wind Nation; after a period of looting of course. Rape and pillage will probably be in effect directly following the surrender of the state, but like you said, they'll just be trampled on by someone new. There's no point in massacring the populace, Divine Phoenix Empire is invading exclusively for reasons of wealth, destroying the populace would just result in less people to tax. Wholesale slaughter makes no sense from an economic point of view.

Cang Yue's just being prideful for no reason, actually, the entire reason she's being prideful is because she has a death wish now that she can no longer be with Yun Che. She blames the Divine Phoenix Empire and is using her own citizens to take as many of them with her as she can. If war hadn't broke out she probably would have killed herself at some point anyway.

14. Evou

Evou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you check the whole conservation? the quote part is not important.

No need to mention about slavery in a CN novel. In modern world you had read history books on it and seen when some country lose their freedom. The injustice they suffer and the cruel acts that were done to them. Yet they always try to fight for their freedom no matter how weak they are. And when we are talking about CN then again we have so many examples of it. Even if they don't mention it, it's the fact of war.

Let's make it simple. You're saying she should surrender the blue wind empire. About slavery, it's not just normal slavery that force one to work in mines. There are government rules and no freedom slavery as well that would affect the bigger numbers of people more.

Besides how do you explain the fact so far every time this happens people most of time always choose to fight for their freedom no matter in fiction or the real world.

15. Evou

Evou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Royalty maintains their status if they surrender in the war. BUT this is not same for normal people of nation. That brother only cares about himself.

16. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume you're trying to convey that instead of being oppressed and forced into slavery it is much better to rise against your oppressors? In fact, I do agree with your viewpoint, this is something every country should be doing.

But in a xianxia novel, doing so will just net your empire being destroyed overnight. It is the equivalent of having your country nuked repeatedly, while you fight back with guns. We do see your point, but sometimes you have to let pride go and hope that things will get better in the future. Or else you would have no future.

17. MrNebulist

MrNebulist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last chapter was really good, so good that I wished for more such chapters.

Evou likes this.
  18. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't see the citizens being oppressed any more than they already are. Divine Phoenix Empire is in an entirely different part of the world. They have already left the vast majority of power structures in place (all the major sects that have already surrendered). The prince stated that there was a good chance Cang Yue would be left in power.

The only thing I see happening is that taxes would be raised, and a large portion of the existing budget would be given to the Divine Phoenix Empire. The notion that they would lose their "freedom" is absurd. The only thing that might be restricted is economic freedom as a result of higher taxes. The entire motivation for Divine Phoenix invading is an economic one, they want to Purple Profound Crystal mines so they have the capital to potentially defend themselves when it's inevitably exposed that their Phoenix God is dead (and they might take revenge against Cang Yue and Yun Che's family, for no real reason). This has nothing to do with regular citizens. You WOULD have arrogant Divine Phoenix people strutting around and harassing citizens, but that is nothing new to begin with. This entire society revolves around the strong oppressing the weak, now the weak will just be oppressed by someone slightly stronger. Nothing would really change in the grand scheme of things. There's already hoards of bullies to begin with, instead of it being done by the Four Great Sects it will now be done by Divine Phoenix.

The only reason that "never surrender unto death" mentality would hold any water is when you're fighting someone of similar strength, otherwise it's completely futile. No matter how many ants you throw at a dragon, the dragon ain't going to go down. You're just going to end up with a bunch of dead ants and a slightly irritated dragon.

19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY, you're fighting such an overwhelmingly powerful force, there's no way to fight back. All that's left for you is death. It would be one thing if they had even an ounce of a chance, but they don't. There's a reason all the sects immediately surrendered and the Heavenly Sword Valley shut it's gates.

Cang Yue is just grief stricken and suicidal, she wants the whole world to burn and she'll do whatever she can to kill even one more Divine Phoenix citizen even if it costs her every citizen she has.

20. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    How would it not be the same for the citizens? It's not like they're going to be shipped off into slavery. If anything the Divine Phoenix Empire would completely ignore them and just impose a tax. They only care about cultivators, citizens are just there to grow things and do menial stuff. They wouldn't even notice them.