[Game of Idleness - Kingdom Royale]

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by A5G_Reaper, May 21, 2016.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    FOREWORDS
    This is the game me and @DCLXVI discussed. This would be a testing run, if it's successful I'll be hosting it again in the future so please don't let it crash and burn :cry:

RULES
    1. Moderator is me! If anyone want to help I'm open to suggestions.
    2. Sign up at this thread. Each game will be hosted on a different game thread.
    3. No private messages between participants!
    4. While I appreciate that RL takes precedence, please do inform us in the OOC thread if you're going to disappear for a while so we'll know if we should wait or not.
    5. Global forum rules apply.
    GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW

1. Day and night cycle take twelve hours each, counting from the start of the game.
    2. Each roles have different victory conditions. The game ends when all surviving players have meet their victory condition.
    3. All players, with the exception of the Revolutionary, start with 5 knife damage and 10 HP, as well as 1 HP regen per day. Revolutionary have 3 knife damage.
    4. All players start with a knife, which can be used to attack other players regardless of roles. Attacks may be done once per cycle, either day or night.
    5. Attacking during daytime will be announced to everyone, whereas attacking at night will only be announced to the target. However it can only be done to the attacker's conversation partner.
    6. Roles will NOT be announced upon death. In the same vein, players will NOT be informed of their exact remaining HP.
    7. If four days have passed OR three players have been eliminated, sudden death will occur. During sudden death, no HP will be regenerated.
    8. If four days have passed AND three players have been eliminated, all players will lose 1 HP at the start of the day. Have fun.
    There are six roles in the game, with different ability and victory conditions.

[King]
    He is the king who has ascended to the throne by assassinating the previous ruler and has carried out many invasions. Having a distrustful personality, he's scheming murder of the ones that threaten his throne. He does not notice that his distrust makes others lose their loyalty for him.
    He can request his subordinates to commit [murder], but he cannot force them because he fears their animosity could become directed at him.
    A land ruled by a man that cannot trust others is unlikely to have a bright future.
    Skills of the [King]
    • [Murder]
      Once a day, he can select a player he wants to kill and request the [Sorcerer] or the [Knight] to execute this action. He may not select which. A new [Murder] order will overwrite an older one.
    • [Substitution]
      He can once avoid being the target of [Assassination] by changing roles with [The Double] for a single day. If he was selected as the target on this day, [The Double] will die instead of the [King].
    Victory conditions for the [King] To protect his throne. (Elimination of the ones that threaten the king's throne - [Prince] [Revolutionary] [Knight])

[Prince]
    An ambitious person. He was originally only at the third place in the inheritance order of the king's rank. But taking advantage of the king's mistrust, he made him murder the other princes and moved up to the first place. He acquired anti-magic to guard himself against this mistrust.
    If he comes to the throne, this land is likely to turn into a worse dictatorship than it was before.
    Skills of the [Prince]
    • [Throne Succession]
      He becomes able to use [Murder] once the [King] and [The Double] die.
    • [Anti-magic]
      He cannot be killed by [Sorcery].
    Victory conditions for the [Prince] To become the king. (Elimination of [King] [The Double] [Revolutionary] [Knight])

[The Double]
    An ex-farmer who is loyal to the [King] and looks exactly the same as him. He is not really ambitious, but he can absolutely not allow the [Prince] to become the king since he was always made a fool by him.
    If he, with no ideals, becomes the king, this land is likely to fall into ruin in no time.
    Skills of [The Double]
    • [Inheritance]
      If the [King] dies or [Substitution] was executed, he becomes able to use [Murder].
    Victory conditions for [The Double] Death of the ones that try to kill him. (Death of [Prince] [Revolutionary])

[Sorcerer]
    A subordinate of the [King]. He is the teacher of the [Prince] in magic and also gets on well with the [Prince]. He is satisfied as long he can pursue his studies in magic and has no interest in the king's throne whatsoever.
    No matter how much he can raise his magic skills, nobody will value a person that secludes himself in his shell.
    Skills of the [Sorcerer]
    • [Sorcery]
      He can choose whether to effectively kill the character that was selected by [Murder]. The targeted character will become a burnt corpse.
    Victory conditions for the [Sorcerer] To survive.

[Knight]
    A subordinate of the [King]. While being a subordinate, he is plotting revenge on the royal family for they have ruined his homeland. He believes firmly that he can only attain happiness by exterminating the royal family.
    As a matter of course, a man that has drowned in his own feelings of loss will only fall into the darkness of misfortune.
    Skills of the [Knight]
    • [Deathblow]
      He can choose whether to effectively kill the character that was selected by [Murder]. Only executable when the [Sorcerer] is dead. The targeted character will die due to beheading.
    • [Fitness]
      Intense physical training is the requirement of being a knight. Gain 2 extra HP.

Victory conditions for the [Knight] To take revenge. (Death of [King] [Prince])

[Revolutionary]
    He is the right arm of the [King]. Because of his competence, he realized that this land is going to fall into ruin if it goes on like this. Hence, he prepared himself to take over the land.
    A ruler that has accumulated feelings of bitterness due to assassinations is incapable of leading a kingdom. At most he will be assassinated himself.
    Skills of the [Revolutionary]
    • [Assassination]
      He can assassinate the selected character. He does not need to select one. The targeted character will become a strangulated corpse.
    Win conditions of the [Revolutionary] To become the king. (Murder of [King] [Prince] [The Double])
    Before the day end, a player must specify another player to form a private chatroom for the night. Both players will then be transported into the private room, where they can talk, deal, scheme, or attempt to murder each other without anyone knowing.
    If a player fail to specify a person, it will default to "no chat" options.

GAME THREADS

Game 1

Game 2
    Game 3
    Game 4
    Game 5

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    AMissingLinguist and Shio like this.
  2. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
  3. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    this game is based from the light novel "utsuro no hako to zero no maria"

the third and fourth volume, to be exact

with a slight adjustment to be played as a forum game

4. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    and count me in, that is why I proposed this after all

5. Little Dragon

Little Dragon I does what I likes and I likes what I do

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'll play. Sounds fun.

When will this start?

6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
  7. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fun I'm in as Resistance doesn't look like it'll work

8. DRECK

DRECK 【3rd Disciple Dark Angel】【True Dragon God】

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fun.I'll play

9. Mister Scarecrow

Mister Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summoning is complete.

I'm in.

10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    still some place?

11. a101011

a101011 [Hero Martial Porcupine]

Reading List:
    Link
    Think that fills all the spots

12. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Will do.

You'll get the last slot. In?

13. tinnydevil

tinnydevil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiiit is there still space

14. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    that was fast

then again this is a small game for only 6 players

15. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    you can take my place if you want

maybe I should observe a few runs to help with the balancing

16. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes if possible

18. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are a bit late

19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    np, I can just observe and help balance game. From I can see I feel very unbalanced.

20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    @DCLXVI I just HAD to forgot mention the nightly chatroom. Can you paste the explanation here? I have to return driving.