The Qidian incident for new people

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by LysUltima, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen some people not knowing why the public opinion of Qidian is so bad on NUF.

So, here's a short recounting of what they've done:

Here, in the Yiwen world, there were 3 major organizations. The Wuxia Sect that ruled the earth, the Flying Kingdom that ruled the heavens, and the Gravity Sect that ruled the seas. There were also many smaller organizations like Whitesnowcat Sect and Xianxia Sect.

Anyways, there was peace in the land. Until the Apocalypse came.

Several months before the Apocalypse.

The Great Wuxia Sect encountered people from the Zhongguo World that were seeking to plunder resources for cultivation from other worlds. At first, peace and healthy trades were discussed.

A month or so before the Apocalypse.

Mysteriously, Xianxia Sect disappeared, and an organization, founded by the cultivators from the Zhongguo World, appeared. All the secret techniques, manuals, and resources, except for one white jade mine, moved places. Many small sects disappeared only to have their possessions in this new organization, called “Bad Quality Translations Sect.”

Meanwhile, most of the high-leveled cultivators moved from the Gravity Sect to Wuxia Sect or Flying Kingdom. No one knew why.

The Apocalypse.

I, as an ordinary mid-level disciple of the Wuxia Sect, went on my ordinary day, reading the secret manuals of How To Seal The Heavens, Changing Heavenly Jewels, The Era of the Desolate, Domination of the Emperor, Anime Copy(shortened to AC), and all the other secret manuals.

This day was yet another day where I lurked in the most busy city on Yiwen World, Ni Understand Food. Ni Understand Food (NUF for short) was the capital of the Kingdom of Ni Understand (NU for short). NUF was where disciples of all sects and kingdoms gathered to expound on the Dao. Nah, we’re all just bored from sitting in a stone chamber for 100 years…

There were several new chapters on some secret manuals, and I quickly flipped through them. They’re called “secret manuals” but they’re completely public; awesome people called translators convert a secret code into readable script.

Suddenly, an alarm sounded, and I felt a terribly profound presence. The most elderly cultivator in Bad Quality Translation Sect, Reverend Qi, appeared!

He spouted many lies, but those lies carried power. A power that used a system of cultivation called, “Join Us or DMCA.” We couldn’t resist; he was too powerful.

Just when my limbs were about to be fully controlled by him, the Wuxia Sect leader came. The leader had finally came out of closed-door cultivation, and he had created a new move. He took the legendary artifact of the Wuxia Sect, the Sword of Public Opinion, out and used his new move, “Common Sense.”

A great aura came from him; he reached the Enlightened Daoist Translator Realm! With that cultivation realm, he now had 4.4mil ding of strength. He grabbed a mountain and two rivers in the vicinity, and threw them at Reverend Qi.

Qi had no choice but to retreat. But, while he was distracting Reverend Ren, his subordinates cursed many of the high echelons of many sects.

It was too late; the damage was done, and many secret manuals that translators were decoding were lost.

It was a terrible day, and all people in the Yiwen World were infuriated at Qi.

The curses kept activating, and Qi’s subordinates kept sending curses more.

Many more secret manuals were lost, and some were stolen by Qi.

By now, us Yiwen World dwellers knew of Qi’s plan. Qi wanted to take the resources of the Yiwen World by monopolizing secret manuals and creating the most, most, most, most, most horrifying thing known as a “paywall.”

A paywall is the most profound of formations that can protect a secret manual.

Qi was hated. A cursed person, under his dying breath, released the details. The curse forced either slavery or death.

After the............

What the heck did I just write?
    • After QI became slightly greedy, they broke the contract with WW. Then, WW and QI had a public fight over licensing, with QI's argument full of lies
    • QI forced many novels to be dropped through threatening with DCMA to try to get tlers to join their site
    • Shamelessly copy + paste novels over to QI
    • If QI can't threaten with DCMA, they post negative comments on the tler's site
    • If previous doesn't stop a tler from translating, then they just translate ahead of the said tler
    • If a tler wanted to join QI, they would have to sign a "slavery contract," which would basically prevent the tler from doing anything against QI and the tler's translations wouldn't be theirs anymore
    • PAYWALL! QI claimed that they weren't going to implement one for all of 2017, but we all know that the date of the paywall implementation is Jan 1, 2018.........
    • GT was bought by QI

This isn't related at all, but visit https://ebisutranslations.com

Edit: Do not put Qidian Opinions here! There's a thread for that: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threa...re-qidian-opinion-threads-will-go-here.40684/
    This is just a summary for those who aren't in the know, and for those who don't want to read through everything.

Edit: Also not relevant, but you CAN filter out QI and GT!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I vote to change this forums name to Ni understand Food.

@LysUltima pretty good summary lol
    Also you wouldn't be @LysUltima without that shameless advertising at the end:blobsweat:

3. Rae

Rae ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Reading List:
    Link
    That advertisement . . . . or did you make this thread to do an ad ? :blobamused::blobamused::blobamused:

4. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Inb4 the merge

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot how some of the elders of the Wuxia Sect became turncoats...
    EDIT: I hope you update the long version, continue the story; it's fantastic.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  6. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They had their reasons

7. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole point of the thread would be lost if it was merged, but IN B4 MERGE!!!
    Actually wrote that way back in August, so some recent events aren't there (plus, I quit writing in the middle; it was 3 AM, you know?)

8. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    The source for the date of the paywall? There have a period where i wasn’t on nuf so i think i missed the date.

9. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot the worst sin censoring snuf snuf to torture us gentlemans :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Ram5, littlehan, Bad Storm and 7 others like this.
  10. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    is this thread really necessary?????

ThunderGod likes this.
  11. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are new and don't know this. So, yeah, I think it is. It saves 10 mins of searching for relevant threads.

12. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This should be stickied.

All of that large synopsis was gold @LysUltima but the part with the Wuxia Sect leader taking out his Sword of Public Opinion had me rolling.

13. LysUltima

Reading List:
    Link
    They claimed that they won't implement a paywall before the end of 2017.

With QI's standards, it's not too far of a stretch to assume that the paywall will be implemented in Jan 1, 2018.

zentetsuken, Tebix and Kaminomi like this.
  14. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    Amazing Summary...Also ugh paywalls

otaku31 and LysUltima like this.
  15. FieryFox

FieryFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the freaken paywall i cri

16. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    missing the GT stuff, but good start.

mir likes this.
  17. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    The real question is if paywalls will be implemented only for stuff translated after it is started or if older translations will have it added

18. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQHLBFhMN5QJHn0tyoybX4XfekL3lYnSxb3PB_1rs98/edit?usp=sharing Or you can just read the reddit gdoc timeline

19. Kaminomi

Kaminomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lurker of the dark likes this.
  20. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, about that paywall. I will belive it when I see it unless they cost 1-5 cent per chapter. (And why bother when ad-income will be higher then that?) Also, 6 months after the paywall the Chinese pirate sites will arrive and copy all the translated works from Qidan.

SnowDax and Belgarion_V like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.