Question Best Machine Translation Option

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by baelar, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baelar

baelar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

Im currently reading Heavenly Jewel Change but it would take a couple years at least for it to be fully translated, I just found out about LNMTL and looked at a couple of chapters and well my reaction was WTF am i reading.... I could barely get the main idea of the chapter.

I tried to look for the raw Chinese source and found this https://read.qidian.com/chapter/qije19Lx3xE1/vOALUbhvEZkex0RJOkJclQ2 and if I use the chrome auto translator it looks a little better than LNMTL, however LNMTL starts late in the chapters and qidian only offers a couple beginning free chapters so a direct comparison is not possible.

I was able to compare a couple paragraphs between LNMTL and qidian and at least i can confirm that their translations are different.

I might end up paying the qidian subscription for this novel to auto translate but I still not sure if chrome auto translate its the best option.

Can anyone tell me if there is a better option for reading machine translation chapters and if google translate its actually better than what LNMTL uses.

....no I dont think learning Chinese is a solution to this =\

Thanks

2. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Machine translation fries people's brains so I rather think of them as not an option, I'll try them when a true AI comes to being! Or a quantum computer that is capable of really procesing the translation instead of giving the literal answer.

madness- and chencking like this.
  3. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    try waiting for the translator. the lnmtl will destroy your brain.

4. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Jassi likes this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    To find raw for CN novels, yeah, don't go to the Qidian site cause of their VIP system is basically the Paywall. You can Easily find Aggregator Site for CN novels, just paste the CN name of the novel on google then it will show you lots of search for the pirate sites. Even in China, they tend to go to the free pirate site rather than paying for Qidian to read the VIP chapter.
    LNMTL is basically just copy-paste of Google MTL with sometimes people come to Edit it. There aren't really any way to enhance your MTL reading experience cause there really isn't any single MTL that can provide you with completely readable paragraph. People with Pro Experience of MTL is one thing, but for newbie, you are better off translating Each Word from the sentence then you try to put them all up in a sentence to read it. For some people then they need to use Multiple MTL sites + Dictionary sites to read the MTL, but it's too much work really.

6. AvERaGeNP

AvERaGeNP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It took me days to be capable enough to read on INMTL. Sometimes novel just have to be dat good for you to force yourself lol. (It was wotmw) But still there are many things that I couldn't really understand like the final paragraph of the last chapter lol. Its a struggle.

Asf likes this.
  7. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    Try these sites. Just copy the raw link and try systranet, google or windows bing translator sometimes they ofer readable mtl but it really depends.

8. kai9004

kai9004 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    in my own experience, lnmtl already breaktrough 40% wall accuracy than google translate. if you don't satisfied, try to combine result from google translate + Microsoft.bing translator + systranet.com , you can get pass 50% - 60% (this is already the best result as pure machine translator)

9. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you use one of the non pay sites you should probably pull up 2-3 of them and make sure the beginning and end of each chapter match. I generally use three and just read through one, double check the other two for start and finish then go to next chapter. Otherwise sometimes one site might be missing a chapter or part of the chapter and it leaves you not understanding the content in the following chapter. Up until now I've probably used mtl for maybe 40-50k chapters of chinese novels, simply because waiting for stuff to be translated will take years or even decades for some of these several thousand chapter novels. So the key is always have multiple sites up at the same time to ensure you're getting the full content. Good luck if you're going the mtl route, it's painful to read at times and no matter how much you try to correct the google translate with the proper words it sometimes just puts random stuff from other languages in place of english when using english translate.

There are some translation add-on stuff you can get on google that allow you to highlight text and then translate that specific text. Using that can help clear up the jumbled mess of google at times if you just select to edit the translated material, highlight the raw text that's a mess and then select to translate it with the add-on.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    ArtOfDivine and koushik-ksv like this.
  10. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    comparing mtl and qidian, i see what you did there.....:blobamused:

NeverSerious and kai9004 like this.
  11. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats not what lnmtl is at all.

NeverSerious and ArgosYesu like this.
  12. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  13. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most effective way to use MTL is to break down each individual sentences into components, and learn just enough grammar to understand how everything strings together.

I speak Chinese and my knowledge of Chinese helps a bit with Japanese (I also did learn a bit of Japanese grammar) but... I've done this with Korean (learned the alphabet then learned some grammar), and I could puzzle out up to 80% of the meaning of some Korean text this way.

Eh, you think that's too much work? Too bad, I don't feel like keeping my hobby as frustrating as possible when a bit of learning can make the next few hundred chapters easier to understand. It's up to you. *shrugs* Unlike the thousands of words necessary to learn proper vocabulary, even knowing the most common dozen or two grammar rules is very helpful.

Jassi likes this.
  14. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I only go google translate due to using mobile for reading.

Either go with the options above(a bit of hassle) or just auto edit the google translation in your brain(which could fry your brain matter)

15. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdead: using google translate did fry my brain when I tried to use it.
    Well usually I just wait and read other novels till it stuck up.
    Or maybe I'm just busy to read some stuff. Well, good luck~ :blobpopcorn:

16. Blank9

Blank9 Interdimensional Traveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Embarking on the dao of mtl is very risky since it makes u lose brain cell at a terrifying rate.

baka8roukanako and missycin like this.
  17. rh12

rh12 Destroying the world with my snores

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try neural machine translation.
    the sentences can be understood after some effort

18. Rizkyfw

Rizkyfw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lnmtl is indeed bad for the few first time. But if you adapt to it, it is quite bearable, at least you will get 70-80% of story if you're good at english.

byluzia and missycin like this.
  19. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve heard bing is good at this. I personally use LNMTL

20. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are many novels at LNMTL which are like 70-80% understandable for mtl veterans
    Like Monster Factory,Hail the King,HacKer, Ancient Godly Monarch, History's No 1 Founder, History's Strongest Senior Brother,Long Live Summons etc.,
    Those novels whose terms are made by mods and some more than 100+ pages are good reads even in LNMTL.
    Heck CCG is 90 % understandable

mrrqq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.