LCD M E M O R I Z E

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by craBebe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... you didn't read the previous chapters?

If you aren't a fan of the novel why are you even translating it?

If you want to do a chapter every day then... you are just planning to MTL is and then format it slightly?

You seem to be a nice guy so I don't like being rude about it. However, if you ask me what you need to improve then I'd say... everything.

There are problems with pretty much every paragraph. Either there are spelling mistakes, grammar problems, and lines that don't make sense at all. It's also not obvious whether someone is talking, thinking or doing an action. Not to mention who is talking.

If you are doing an MTL then it is impossible for you to fix these problems because you don't know yourself.

Normally I wouldn't care that much but seeing a series that I liked and was previously translated well being translated badly is rather unpleasant.

estelion likes this.
  2. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    come on, you went too harsh on him. Maybe, someone requested him to do so. As long as he does his work good, it will be alright.

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Just try to recruit a legid editor and a translation checker.
    You can improve your english by comparing your version to him/his.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Jaiki

Jaiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fan of the series, previous tl and someone who has the raws. I can safely say that when I checked chapter 54 on GT, there's roughly more than 90% resemblance. Not trying to add anything to the fire but as with moridin

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek:
    Best of luck to the readers

6. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was probably too harsh.

I guess what set me off was the fact that he wasn't aware of the genders of the characters. Meaning not only is he not a fan of the series, he didn't even read the previous chapters before trying to translate it.

The only reason I can think he would try to translate a series he doesn't particularly like is that he wants to "try out translating" or something and knows that people will read this translation because they are fans of the series. That's a bit unpleasant in of itself and there is also the concern that he'll just get bored of it in 10 chapters or so.

At very least, I couldn't imagine translating a series I'm not that interested in for months and months. Well... to be honest, I couldn't imagine translating a series I liked for months and months either.

----

Come to think of it, I'm also in the middle of cleaning my apartment. Could be that as well...

estelion likes this.
  7. paradoxialprodigy

paradoxialprodigy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep going to do that

8. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys stop the dis'ing already and be grateful that someone really is trying his best to translate this novel and willing to improve himself further, if you're dissatisfied on his translation then HELP him edit some of his minor mistakes that is the best win-win situation for everyone read this novel instead of insulting his translation or if you don't gave a damn then use your common sense while reading to correct his mistakes.

- bow - thanks for the fast release rate of chapters.

Lonelycity and Haevrus like this.
  9. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    i know u feel offended but it is not always what you think.. and people always live by their own assumptions.. a defined mind set.. i won't say anything further, i appreciate that u pointed the mistake specifically in the paragraphs.... i liked that... i am taking translating this series seriously it is just that i was a bit rushed when i started and i am trying to find a flow... to do it regularly

Lonelycity, moridin84 and Haevrus like this.
  10. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    never mind those things i will be glad even if they point out as much mistakes (although that burns)... will be helpful for me and the readers in long run... we will have better quality translations.... right now Chapter 55 is out @ paradox novels

moridin84 likes this.
  11. Haevrus

Reading List:
    Link
    I for one, will like to thank you.

paradoxialprodigy likes this.
  12. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you

13. Haevrus

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, today's typo errors.

1) Dreams are opposite of the original.
    Pretty sure. It should be "Dreams are always contrary to reality." or something.

2) I do not say anything.
    I think. It should be in past tense.
    I did not said anything.

3)Everyone was following me silently but meanwhile, but seemed to bear it tightly.
    "Everyone followed me silently, whilst holding tightly to each other."

4) Tense is a problem here.
    Lets see....(although i am not gr8 at tense myself)
    "The fact that frequency of monsters is very low suggests distance between us and the caravan is decreasing. It is also possible that the preceding caravan has already defeated the monster. But it Still arises two questions.)

"The fact that the frequency of monsters was so low suggests that the distance between us and the caravan is decreasing. It was also possible that the preceding caravan had already defeated the monster. But it still raised two questions."

5) "Another is that if they fought a monster, why do not you see any body? or signs of fighting? Of course, the questions came in my mind and I can guess enough possible answers."

Another question (i took the liberty to add it) is that if they fought a monster, why didn't we (or i) saw anybody? or signs of fighting? Of course, the questions did cross my mind and i can guess enough possible answers.

The main thing is. Yeah, you have edited it enough to make it readable. And thnx for that. But people will not just look for that. Make it more smoother and pleasant to read. Some finishing touches and you are good to go.

14. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks i will make these corrections

15. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

you can't be blindly thankful for everything you receive in life.

like, imagine you go to a friends bbq, and he serves you raw hamburgers...you don't just say "thanks man" and eat it up, you say "hey bro, this hamburger is raw...."

on a similar note, for us to help him, we need to know how he's translating....if he knows korean and is translating, all he needs is a TLC and editor, but if its MTL...rip

Astaroth and Wujigege like this.
  16. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    it burns

Haevrus likes this.
  17. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

it's not a direct comparison don't worry LOL I'm just giving an example to show that you can't just be blindly thankful for everything in life

the last part is a serious question though, if you know korean we can look for a TLC and editor, but like I said, full MTL is nearly impossible to fix, since the MTL itself is usually wrong.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. paradoxialprodigy

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read the story now.. i m liking it.. so i will continue tling...

p.s. :check the beginning chapters the translation maybe correct but in some sentences you still get confused about what was being said..

teambdugz and Haevrus like this.
  19. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes buddy I know what you meant but if you ask a beggar on the streets of that question about the BBQ party but you somewhat gave him a raw burger on a mistake, well honey badger will answer you he doesn't gave a shit and eat (one's) fill. To eat enough so that one is satisfied or no longer hungry. #J K#

I just somehow want to prevent this too much dis'ing party to escalate on a higher level if you TT the translator too much there's a chance that he'll quit fast won't continue his work anymore i saw a lot of similar cases like this dis'ing party escalate and TT non stop and then quits so I wish this translator won't follow those weak hearted Translators foot steps.

Oh Yeah whatever as long as I can somewhat satisfy my hunger to read this novel this translation I can fix his mistakes on my own so I don't mind it at all.

teambdugz and Lonelycity like this.
  20. teambdugz

teambdugz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey just wanna say thanks for the translation. I appreciate the effort.