Discussion What kind of romance do you look for?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Corensi, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    1v1? Harem? Or no romance at all? Do you actively look for it? Or is it okay just as a sub-plot?

For me, I don't like novels focused on romance. I mean, romance is good, but I prefer it when enhances the plot. You know, when it adds flair to the book. Not when the plot revolves solely around it.

And as for pairings, I like loyal love interests, so I detest harems (um, unless of course it's a predominantly smutty novel ahaha). But if you like them, then good on you. We all got preferences, so discuss them here!

2. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Loyal Love Interests please. Harem sounds awesome in theory but actual application of it is shit.

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I prever it as a sub plot.
    Romance is good once in a while, but when the focus of the novel aint romance, it serve as a distraction instead of anything.
    Let a real romance novel handle the romance focused plot instead.

4. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    I look for strong romance subplots mainly consisting of Monogamous relationships, but i do not discourage love triangles. In fact i encourage it as i rather enjoy the banter and jealousy.

ElderMaOu likes this.
  5. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute fluffy romance with no misunderstand like Chonfei manual
    No harem and trangle because I feel pity for them

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    I want either the really soft (slow one, with real development over time) or fuck it, the hard one (Harems).

The best thing about this two. You wont be a hypocritical guy then. If you like the slow one, then you are the guy who likes the real love. But since only few novels portray slow love, not making it bad in the process. It makes perfect sense for me, if i look for harems. Well, harems is a entirely different category though. Some are good , while some are bad. Even saw the real thing in real life. Not a hard thing to appreciate.

7. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never seen a more accurate description of Harems.

8. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    no harem please 66 fiances have been stolen from this grandpa its time to stop let me get laid at least once in this life :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

vlue, Mahou-nii-sama, Wenhui and 2 others like this.
  9. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gay kind

ElderMaOu and Corensi like this.
  10. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I read a novel with Harem, either they only tolerate each other because the author wants them to(We love the MC so we do whatever MC says) or they don't even know they're part of a harem. Which aggravates me, since I want to read an actual harem where they co-exist peacefully but still have some problems, you know?

Mahou-nii-sama likes this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna watch the world burn, so Broni style.

12. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire harem has to Reverse Rape the MC because he's so dense.

13. Wenhui

Wenhui One Who Kidnaps Chapters

Reading List:
    Link
    No harem. Strictly 1v1 both ways. I usually go for books with romance genre so I think there's only one answer to 'Do you actively look for it?'

otaku31 likes this.
  14. Thecomicgeek

Thecomicgeek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance with a few dozen tons of comedy that works for me. In whatever genre like even if its horror.

Harem... bleh...

15. leonkam96

leonkam96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute n pure that will made u grin by urself like an idiot whenever u read it.
    XD
    Harem ia fine for me too, at least the girl dun fall in love for no reason. First introduce the girls, then take time to know them n use one arc/volume per female to hv them fall in love... Kidda like tat

16. Oweng

Oweng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In cultivation novels.. I often only like a sub-plot romance since I want the protagonist to focus mainly on cultivating.

For romance novels, I like 1v1 which is why.. I avoid the tags harem. I really can’t just read it or I’ll pull my hair out in frustration. I love loyal love interests and since I’m a girl I like it better when the male lead falls in love first Of course, even if the novel is romance it doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t need to have a good plot. If I think that the couple was out of nowhere together for no rational reason then.. I’m gonna drop that novel.

Corensi likes this.
  17. Mithun

Mithun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind romance as a subplot as long as it is not shitty romance like in IET novels.

ElderMaOu likes this.
  18. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on most points. I don't like it when romance becomes a distraction in cultivation. And I personally like it too when the ML falls first. I tend to swing between fluff and angst though so lmao

Oweng and Wenhui like this.
  19. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer romance when it adds personality to the characters, knowing a side of them we didn't know they had, inspiring them,
    basically a romance that develops them as a person (or even a romance that makes them a bad person). It should be consistent with the characters personality, meaning the how and why they fell in love makes logic, not some 'I fell in love because she smiled at me' , 'I fell on love because he was nice' , 'I fell in love because he had a big dick'. Gender nor sex doesn't matter as long as it makes sense.

The romance make sense in the story and it enhances it.

I prefer a one on one romance, no third party, fourth party, NTR, polygamy, polyandry nor harem bullshit. I mean in real life to develop a one on one relationship takes years, even then you don't even know if it would last. One on one romance already has enough drama, challenges and shit. Now comes harem which throws all the real drama away in exchange for more pussies.

20. InternetHitler

InternetHitler Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow and satisfying romance but not snail fucking slow like some Korean/Chinese novels that takes 1000 chapters to take the first step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.