Anxiety and the stress it puts on your body

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Too those with anxiety how do you know when its your anxiety warring with your body and or real problems? I feel as if my body and mind are suffocating I'm driving myself crazy. How do you distract yourself from crippling depression and anxiety? Especially when you have no escape from the stressful situation? My body is warring with itself and I'm experiencing physical pain and symptoms I've dealt with before (it happens yearly) though this time it seems to have escalated.

No one I'm close to knows what I'm going through mentally, I'm alone in my depression and have kept mostly silent about it for over 15 yrs (since I was a kid) but in the last 3 to 5 yrs it's been bearing its fangs and I can barely keep it away from affecting my actions. What I do around others isn't 10% of whats in my head...

I've had bad experience with doctors in the past and am reluctant to visit clinics or go to the doctor regularly. Going to therapy isn't an option right now and I don't know how to feel with taking drugs.

Today is Sunday so no clinics are open at least near me and I do plan to go tomorrow no matter what.

yuzuki and Tramsloof like this.
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    listen to music
    take a bath
    hmmm eat my comfort foods

but tbh you should ask for a professional help yanno

3. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Since tomorrow is your clinic visit in the meantime keep your mind away from your current problems, put yourself in situations where something changes. Escapism works just as well.

4. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    The goal is to not thinking about your mental state just focus on something else, watch a movie, read a book, clean your house ...

5. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Adopt a dog that was specially trained to comfort you

6. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont drink.

7. heads-or-tails

heads-or-tails Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I am not going to recommend what I do, that is drinking and smoking, but I can tell you that if you have one friend or two who you are actually close to you should visit them and tell them, talk to them about what is it that assails your mind almost daily. It is more than likely that they will not resolve your problems but I have come to realise that sharing my worries alleviates the pain it brings me to think about it, when I was in school I had a friend that suffered like I did and we slowly realised that taking a night to talk about it helped us to carry on and feel better. Hell there were times we drank and talked until it was morning because we kept things inside until they exploded and we started bleeding our worries, welp it turned longer than I wanted it to, shows how much I relate to this kind of things

8. heads-or-tails

heads-or-tails Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHAHA my thoughts exactly

9. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    First recommendation is professional help by psychiatry. Not a psychologist, a psychiatrist. The ones that diagnose and actually sort through your problems. From your description alone it sounds like you've developed some sort of mental disorder.

Second recommendation if you don't want to go or spend money, is to simply go exercise. Take a walk. Make habits of going outside, whether it's walking, cycling, or simply sitting on the porch outside your house (my personal favourite to do whenever).
    Or you could go talk to a monk, a buddhist monk, a christian monk (they exist yes). If not to talk about your problems then to learn how to meditate, properly. Meditation helps a lot both mentally and physically.

If you feel your mind is the cause then engage your body. The mind and body are two entities but they are inextricably linked, such that if either one, or both, fails, work on one continuously and the other will soon follow.

(that^ is from personal experience)
    p.s. if you're jacking off everyday that actually makes your more prone to depression

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    zloi medved and TheNewGuy like this.
  10. UncleLiu

UncleLiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Problem-focused coping vs emotion-focused coping.

Looking at the “bigger picture” can you change it, should you try?

Should you even care, really.

Finding what really matters. Learning to love not just yourself but other people.

This thing called love is powerful. The way you see things is likewise powerful as well

Many times we get caught up, tunnel visioned. So narrowly focusing on us or on an issue when really, it’s no big deal

What’s a month compared to a year. A year to 5 years. So much can happen in a year.

Believe in your potential and especially in growth.

11. oooi

oooi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do yoga or deep breath. U can go to urgent care or ER. please don't think that you are alone or that no one care. Even though I am a stranger, I do care about your situation because I have a loved one who previously went through a similar thing and I wish someone online would've reach out to him... Doctors/counselors are wonderful and drugs help in our case. Please reach out to your loved ones. Having a support system at home DO make a difference in my case....and YES, surround urself with positive vibes/thoughts. DO what make you happy (as long as you don't hurt anyone). and REMEMBER, nothing is impossible to fix. You deal with it slowly and try your best. At the end of the day, BE HAPPY. If it doesn't work out, that is life and you deal with it as best as you can and MOVE ON. Don't let sadness overtake your life, failure/problems are part of life that everyone deal with. BE HAPPY.

12. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical exercise, and I don't mean like full blown workouts at the gym. Like 30 minutes maybe of even light exercise that gets your heart rate up into the 120-150 range like 3 times a week. Get them endorphins flowing.

13. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fap it away, always help.

14. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    as stated above. . . don't drink. . .
    also if you think that anxiety and stress is the cause. . .
    then do usual routines everyday in a different way,
    like when you go to work on a car then commute, if ear ride a bike or walk,
    if you drink coffee then drink tea,
    if your the silent type then practice talking to the mirror or a statue (make sure not on public or it will cause more stress)
    then go talk to you close family members and friends,
    sweat!
    eat sweets~
    sex!

15. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a break, go to a trip.

16. Bolsonaro

Bolsonaro 『 Sensitive Tyrant | Ever Gone Guy 』

Reading List:
    Link
    My ex-girlfriend in test seasons aways start to lose the will to eat, sleep and to go out of her room. She have a lot of problems like pains in the belly and stong headaches. If all you feel is sad, so you are pretty normal yet. Anyway, she starts to get better when she meet me, cause i'm a person that make all problems sound like they are not important, i'm a lot cool and dont give a fuck for anything, so she starts to become more relaxed affected by my personality, now a days we break-up and I dont know how she is, but i suggest to try it, try to be someone who dont give a fuck for nothing, or at least hang out with someone like that.

17. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Listen to music according to your current mood, louder than how you hear normally.

Get yourself comfortable.

Now start reading a comedy focused novel, maybe 'A will eternal' or 'The strongest system'.

Reading first 10 chapters should be a challenge if your anxiety is high, but if you persist through the first ten, you will enter in a new mood.

-------------------
    The above is quick relief. For more healthy or lasting methods,

Go out running and run until your body can't run anymore, as if your heart will explode.

Come back and then take a cold bath.

And drink something, not cold drinks but healthy stuff.
    --------------------
    Similarly you can give 'Binaural Brainwaves' a try. You will need earphones probably for this, just listening to this audio can help change your mood.
    --------------------
    You can also listen to 'guided meditation' videos which you can easily find on YouTube. These can be a great help if you can persist in the long run.

Tai Chi or Yoga goes great along with it.
    ---------------------
    Another option is 'hypnosis' audio, you can find apps as well videos/audio for this on AppStore and YouTube. This should help too.
    ---------------------

18. Bolsonaro

Bolsonaro 『 Sensitive Tyrant | Ever Gone Guy 』

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh, and drugs is not a nice pick, I know about a dude who start with it and in the end everything turned worse. Maybe cannabis can help you, you should try.

19. zxlowi

zxlowi Forefather Of Mc's, King Of Nostalgia, RPG Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    This could advise you I know it did for me.

20. Kudaranai

Kudaranai                                                   

Reading List:
    Link